American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: 2016 American Presidential Election

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:15 am

Brandon wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Anyone know what percentage of women vote over there?

There will be a lot more than the percentage of women who have voted in the past. Same thing for African-Americans in 2008 and 2012. Shame my country is so superficial when it comes to these things. I welcome the day when people vote for a candidate because they're the best and not because of a physical quality, although Obama has done way better than McCain and Romney would have done.

But to directly answer your question, 63.7% of eligible women voters voted in the 2012 Presidential Election.

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at depending on how many was voting before.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Just please don't elect Ted Cruz, this guy will take American back 100 years if so. Some quotes:

"I believe that engaging in homosexual conduct is a choice, and I do not believe that unelected judges should force states to adopt gay marriage, against the wishes of the people. Marriage is a fundamental building block of our society, and I have a proven record of standing and fighting to protect traditional marriage between one man and one woman."

"God’s blessing has been on America from the very beginning of this nation, and I believe God isn’t done with America yet."

You know because that imaginary sky daddy only cares about America.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 pm

StLGooner wrote:Just please don't elect Ted Cruz, this guy will take American back 100 years if so. Some quotes:

"I believe that engaging in homosexual conduct is a choice, and I do not believe that unelected judges should force states to adopt gay marriage, against the wishes of the people. Marriage is a fundamental building block of our society, and I have a proven record of standing and fighting to protect traditional marriage between one man and one woman."

"God’s blessing has been on America from the very beginning of this nation, and I believe God isn’t done with America yet."

Was the big fella blessing the slaves and the slave owners simultaneously?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Yago » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:11 am

StLGooner wrote:Just please don't elect Ted Cruz, this guy will take American back 100 years if so. Some quotes:

Don't worry, Clinton will win.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby LMAO » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 am

We don't have to worry. I don't think even the Republicans are stupid enough to put Cruz up for nomination. It doesn't matter though — Hillary is going to win in a landslide whoever she faces.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:06 pm

UFGN wrote:

Right!

I always like to use that when people say this is a Christian nation and it was founded on Christianity, so therefore it should always be a Christian nation. Well it was founded on slavery too, would you like to keep that as well? And I'd guess some of them probably would! SMH!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:48 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Right!

I always like to use that when people say this is a Christian nation and it was founded on Christianity, so therefore it should always be a Christian nation. Well it was founded on slavery too, would you like to keep that as well? And I'd guess some of them probably would! SMH!!

The US isn't ever going to be a Christian nation, yes the founding fathers were Christian but when they said that church and state would be separated, it lost any right to call itself that. The UK can say that as we have an established church.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 pm

I don't know any Christians tbf, like any who even go to church

Just goes to show how much religion is meaningless to the majority of people these days, and good riddance
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:59 pm

And yet I know a fair few so it must be completely meaningful to everyone.

Let's make a massive claim based on personal experience with a sample size of max 100 ;D
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Mesüt wrote:And yet I know a fair few so it must be completely meaningful to everyone.

Let's make a massive claim based on personal experience with a sample size of max 100 ;D

Loooool true, even from my year at school there must've been less than 10 true godbods, fair few muslims though

I guess islam holds higher retention in families than christianity does. That being said, my mate stopped being muslim after he first ate a bacon roll which wasn't the best way to stop believing in a faith i imagine
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Right!

The US isn't ever going to be a Christian nation, yes the founding fathers were Christian but when they said that church and state would be separated, it lost any right to call itself that. The UK can say that as we have an established church.

The Church of England was born out of a King's personal tyranny, arrogance and lack of Christian values. So perhaps those are the founding principles of this country, rather than Christianity.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:55 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Right!

Benjamin Franklin - Deist
Thomas Jefferson - Deist
George Washington - Deist
John Adams - Deist
Thomas Paine - Deist
Ethan Allen - Deist
James Madison - Agnostic/Atheist
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:01 am

StLGooner wrote:I always like to use that when people say this is a Christian nation and it was founded on Christianity, so therefore it should always be a Christian nation. Well it was founded on slavery too, would you like to keep that as well? And I'd guess some of them probably would! SMH!!

Our country was never founded on Christianity. Christians can GTFO with that nonsense.

Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli (1796):
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion...

Can't get much clearer than that imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Brandon wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I always like to use that when people say this is a Christian nation and it was founded on Christianity, so therefore it should always be a Christian nation. Well it was founded on slavery too, would you like to keep that as well? And I'd guess some of them probably would! SMH!!

Our country was never founded on Christianity. Christians can GTFO with that nonsense.

Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli (1796):
As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion...

Can't get much clearer than that imo

Trust me I agree, but you can't convince uneducated people who think they are educated otherwise.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Right!

Which is a good thing for the US and the world. What sane person would want to live in a Theocracy? :doh:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate