American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Regardless if you believe in Global Warming or not, why wouldn't any human want the world to run more clean and efficient?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:25 am

StLGooner wrote:Regardless if you believe in Global Warming or not, why wouldn't any human want the world to run more clean and efficient?

Because

'Clean' coal says it all really :doh:

It's incredibly shortsighted to think bringing coal jobs back will do anything of significance to the economy. Those jobs left, and they're never coming back because even if climate change wasn't a problem, automation would continue to make human workers increasingly obsolete.

A lot of people don't want to go through retraining for developing and future industries because "hurr durr mah father and grandfather and great-grandfather di'nt do nun of that libural pussy clean fuel crap. They went on down to them mines and werked like real men do."

It's also because nuclear power plants involve too much red tape to currently be viable. But imo nuclear energy is our best bet for the foreseeable future.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Don't you think that President Trump will just cut the nuclear red tape along with all the other regulations he said he would cut to fund the budget?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Yago wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Again if people do not maintain civility this thread will be locked. If you do not like someone's views ignore or respond without insults or name calling unless you want to invite a warning.

Alright, I guess I'll strop trying to educate gooners. Quitting this thread for good.

And saying climate change isn't real isn't a view, it's just a sign of being a moron.

no one said that. all I'm saying it's poor business for the USA to be involved in this accord. also, our emission laws are pretty stringent to begin with, so us not being involved with the accord will hardly place a dent on the climate change.

next read before you judge.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:35 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Don't you think that President Trump will just cut the nuclear red tape along with all the other regulations he said he would cut to fund the budget?

I have no idea, but I hope he comes to favor nuclear energy more than coal, oil, and natural gas—despite us having vast reserves of the latter three energy options—since nuclear waste is easier to contain than carbon waste right now.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 am

John McCain has brain cancer; his tumor is "very aggressive".

Sad news, a bonafide American hero.
Last edited by Va-Va-Voom on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 am

McCain is one of the only Republicans I hold any semblance of respect for, especially after he corrected that woman during the 2008 debates (I was too young in 2000 to know about McCain and care about politics). Man, 2008 feels like an eternity ago. He got the short end of the stick because no Republican was winning after Bush Jr., but he would've made a fine Commander-in-Chief—the best Republican president since Eisenhower imo.

Was reading on Reddit that most people with glioblastoma die within 12-16 months and only 3-5% live more than 5 years after diagnosis :(
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:46 am

AOL wrote:

McCain is one of the only Republicans I hold any semblance of respect for, especially after he corrected that woman during the 2008 debates (I was too young in 2000 to know about McCain and care about politics). Man, 2008 feels like an eternity ago. He got the short end of the stick because no Republican was winning after Bush Jr., but he would've made a fine Commander-in-Chief—the best Republican president since Eisenhower imo.

That plus he was against a young(ish) guy who was a media darling and could play the race card.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 am

Choosing Sarah Palin as the potential VP was a disaster to be fair.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:00 am

Didn't he support literally every single aggression on the Middle East ever including Iraq (doubled down by saying Bush should bring in more troops) and called Russia a bigger threat than ISIS? The guy is a warmonger. If he won we'd have WW3 by now tbh...
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby 22-0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:25 pm

McCain is a deep state puppet.

not saying the tumor isnt real but his timing to disappear after leaking documents and getting in the spotlight is very suspicious.

and no hes not a war hero.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 pm

I have agreed with Mccain on a fair number of things over the years but I would not want him as president. He is still a typical pro corporate/anti worker kind of republican and he supports the crappy trade deals such as tpp and recently defeated ttip.

Also he is no peacemaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

All things said I have a lot of respect for him despite his flaws and wish him well in his battle ahead.

On the other hand Trumps attitude towards Obamacare is diabolical. To let it fail is much worse than even his rotten plan and to say he will not take responsibility is cowardly and slightly delusional. It is his reponsibility, any president with a sense of professional integrity would admit that and he has said as much in the past when talking about the responsibility of leaders.

He has failed twice in getting the republican's flagship policy of the last 7 years thruough and to let it fail would be the biggest failure of all. I don't think the many republican voters who rely on these programs will not forgive them once they realise what that means for them.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Slick » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm

22-0 wrote:McCain is a deep state puppet.

not saying the tumor isnt real but his timing to disappear after leaking documents and getting in the spotlight is very suspicious.

Good grief.

The man spent 5 and a half years in North Vietnamese prison camps. Broke both arms and a leg was bayonetted and tortured. f**k off.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Slick wrote:
22-0 wrote:McCain is a deep state puppet.

Good grief.

The man spent 5 and a half years in North Vietnamese prison camps. Broke both arms and a leg was bayonetted and tortured. f**k off.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:00 pm

What Rev said. Fair play to him for fighting for his country, but that don't make him a good politician. Plus he tried to have MMA banned.

Good luck on the cancer though buddy!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate