American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Yet another shooting ........ yet another "We won't monitor gun laws more" from Trump and the US top brass.

Quite frankly this has become an embarrassment of Western culture, give guns to everyone and no National health service either to treat the wounds.

How many more mass shootings before someone just says it as it is? the Gov and their business cronies don't want to stop selling guns because guns = $$$

Basically your Gov is saying "Fk you and your peasant lives cause we want gun tax dollars" same thing for legal drugs they mask as medication, the result is guns are everywhere and half the population is medicated up to their eye balls fueling the craziness.

The US Gov doesn't even pretend anymore its hilarious, when you ask them why they are allowed to sell arms to the public they point you to some hillbilly ranting on about his amendment rights.

Well let me explain something, when those amendment rights were written up a "gun" was not a "gun" back then, it was a Musket.
Muskets are capable of firing 2 rounds a minute in the hands of a normal person and 3-4 rounds max in the hands of an expert or there or there about's, even a non auto single shooter like a 357 Magnum can shoot 6 rounds in 10-12 secs or so if your not carefully aiming.

Americans and the West bang on about the Middle East "Holding on to ancient ideals and traditions" regarding Islam, yet they are doing exactly the same with what was originally a right based around the arms of the day which was a Musket rifle.

Arms have advanced, America's reasoning has not.

I feel for you guys, your Gov is literally like the Mob on the rob.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:33 pm

You wanted Trump to win though.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Yet another shooting ........ yet another "We won't monitor gun laws more" from Trump and the US top brass.

Quite frankly this has become an embarrassment of Western culture, give guns to everyone and no National health service either to treat the wounds.

How many more mass shootings before someone just says it as it is? the Gov and their business cronies don't want to stop selling guns because guns = $$$

Basically your Gov is saying "Fk you and your peasant lives cause we want gun tax dollars" same thing for legal drugs they mask as medication, the result is guns are everywhere and half the population is medicated up to their eye balls fueling the craziness.

The US Gov doesn't even pretend anymore its hilarious, when you ask them why they are allowed to sell arms to the public they point you to some hillbilly ranting on about his amendment rights.

Well let me explain something, when those amendment rights were written up a "gun" was not a "gun" back then, it was a Musket.
Muskets are capable of firing 2 rounds a minute in the hands of a normal person and 3-4 rounds max in the hands of an expert or there or there about's, even a non auto single shooter like a 357 Magnum can shoot 6 rounds in 10-12 secs or so if your not carefully aiming.

Americans and the West bang on about the Middle East "Holding on to ancient ideals and traditions" regarding Islam, yet they are doing exactly the same with what was originally a right based around the arms of the day which was a Musket rifle.

I feel for you guys, your Gov is literally like the Mob on the rob.

Almost getting to the point to where you barely even hear about it anymore too. I didn't know this happened until I read this and then had to go look it up. Sure enough!

You guys got room for me over there? Tired of this place!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

The only argument that most americans use is the H.J. Simpson argument: "But I have to have a gun, it's in the con-stit-tution!" Plus it was indeed only meant for muskets, swords and flintlock pistols.

Not to mention that the second amendment was written before America had a standing army and they were afraid that the British Empire would come and take back what was their's. Indeed Washington and company never had machine-guns and 44 Magnums in mind when it was written. It's a clause that had good intentions when it was written but is now being abused and should be revoked, much like the right to a family life clause in the Human Rights Act over here.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 pm

The main argument now is that we need guns in case our own Govt attacks us and or our military falls and we have to protect ourselves from other invading countries.

The one real true argument that I can only think is somewhat logical is the economy. What would happen to our economy if guns were no longer allowed to be sold? That would be a legit concern I think, but not sure, I'm no economic major.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:33 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:You wanted Trump to win though.

I have no dog in that fight, he's not my President, it was more for the laughs than anything on my part and to check the Left which was running riot at the time.

Politics had got stale, they were all as bad as each other and I still believe that, but I said at the time I wouldn't vote for him if I was American, I just said I sure as sh*t wouldn't vote for Hilary Clinton.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:42 am

StLGooner wrote:The main argument now is that we need guns in case our own Govt attacks us and or our military falls and we have to protect ourselves from other invading countries.

The one real true argument that I can only think is somewhat logical is the economy. What would happen to our economy if guns were no longer allowed to be sold? That would be a legit concern I think, but not sure, I'm no economic major.

They always find money somewhere, to that argument I'd say America is the only Western country to hedge their economy on the ability to sell firearms to their own public, even Russia and China don't do that, we don't do it and we're fine.

Also about the "Own Gov't attacks us" scenario, again, like the Musket argument, back then the Red coats had muskets, you had a musket .......... these days I doubt a citizen can get his hands on a Tank, an F-15 Jet, 50 cal machine guns, rockets etc that's even ignoring the Nukes.

......... yeah don't think your shotgun is going to get you very far.

Again the notion is outdated, the technology has rendered it a useless idea.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:59 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

I have no dog in that fight, he's not my President, it was more for the laughs than anything on my part and to check the Left which was running riot at the time.

The Left is staunchly anti-gun, they are desperate to bring in new measures, but the GOP/NRA won't hear of it.

Don't know why you'd be anti-Left if you're anti-gun.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:21 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

The Left is staunchly anti-gun, they are desperate to bring in new measures, but the GOP/NRA won't hear of it.

Because Far left politics is more than just "Anti-Gun".

If they stopped acting like some Intellectual-controlling Fascists, self loathing, overly righteous, overly offended, opinion shamer's I might give them the time of day but I find their beta mentality to hard to stomach at the best of times especially when their chosen runner like Hilary Clinton is just as big a crook as the rest of them.

To clarify there are some issues on the Left I agree with, Anti-Gun, National Health, and there are some I agree with on the Right.

The core problem for me is, even though the Democrats pretend to be Anti-Gun, they will do absolutely fk all to stem it, same as they'll never give you poor sods a National Health Service.

............ because both parties have the same pay master and just posture politics to keep you busy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:33 am

Far left's chosen candidate was never Hilary ffs

Far left wanted loony Sanders in
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:The main argument now is that we need guns in case our own Govt attacks us and or our military falls and we have to protect ourselves from other invading countries.

They always find money somewhere, to that argument I'd say America is the only Western country to hedge their economy on the ability to sell firearms to their own public, even Russia and China don't do that, we don't do it and we're fine.

Also about the "Own Gov't attacks us" scenario, again, like the Musket argument, back then the Red coats had muskets, you had a musket .......... these days I doubt a citizen can get his hands on a Tank, an F-15 Jet, 50 cal machine guns, rockets etc that's even ignoring the Nukes.

......... yeah don't think your shotgun is going to get you very far.

Again the notion is outdated, the technology has rendered it a useless idea.

Right! But we have an established economy based off of many things of course, but I'd imagine a big part of it is weapons sales, so to just take that away could have some kind of effect you'd think. I don't know how large or small of one, but that could be a concern. Of course we may be fine if we never had that as a part of our economy like you guys, but the fact is we do now.

I'm not arguing in support of guns btw, I'm just saying what the current arguments are and suggesting one that could actually be a real problem.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Because Far left politics is more than just "Anti-Gun".

If they stopped acting like some Intellectual-controlling Fascists, self loathing, overly righteous, overly offended, opinion shamer's I might give them the time of day but I find their beta mentality to hard to stomach at the best of times especially when their chosen runner like Hilary Clinton is just as big a crook as the rest of them.

To clarify there are some issues on the Left I agree with, Anti-Gun, National Health, and there are some I agree with on the Right.

The core problem for me is, even though the Democrats pretend to be Anti-Gun, they will do absolutely fk all to stem it, same as they'll never give you poor sods a National Health Service.

............ because both parties have the same pay master and just posture politics to keep you busy.

I think the majority of the left didn't like Hilary, they just saw her as the lesser of the two evils. It seemed to be only really the feminists that wanted Hilary simply because she's female.

When you have this silly two party system like we do, it gives off an appearance of democracy and freedom and like we have a choice, but we really don't.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:06 pm

StLGooner wrote:I think the majority of the left didn't like Hilary, they just saw her as the lesser of the two evils. It seemed to be only really the feminists that wanted Hilary simply because she's female.

When you have this silly two party system like we do, it gives off an appearance of democracy and freedom and like we have a choice, but we really don't.

But that's exactly why I don't like them, identity politics and all these agenda driven lemmings coming out of your Universities acting like 1960's revolutionaries, while the rest of us are busy trying to get on with life these fkers are sitting in the middle of the road blocking traffic not because that single mom in the traffic trying to get home to her kids can change anything its because they are attention seekers and they are lashing out at society and want a reaction.

As you say two party system is designed for checks and balances, minor things change but then get reverted in 4 yrs and the circus continues, the real owners of America (banks) like things the way they are.

I do find the whole show amusing, its got to the point now where the public are more educated than ever and are asking more questions yet we've all gotten to the stage of apathy now because we now know there are no bounds to how the Gov't will avoid doing anything we ask and the result ........... Trump.

Why? because he's a slap in the face to the establishment, this is why he got in, lets not forget that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I think the majority of the left didn't like Hilary, they just saw her as the lesser of the two evils. It seemed to be only really the feminists that wanted Hilary simply because she's female.

But that's exactly why I don't like them, identity politics and all these agenda driven lemmings coming out of your Universities acting like 1960's revolutionaries, while the rest of us are busy trying to get on with life these fkers are sitting in the middle of the road blocking traffic not because that single mom in the traffic trying to get home to her kids can change anything its because they are attention seekers and they are lashing out at society and want a reaction.

As you say two party system is designed for checks and balances, minor things change but then get reverted in 4 yrs and the circus continues, the real owners of America (banks) like things the way they are.

I do find the whole show amusing, its got to the point now where the public are more educated than ever and are asking more questions yet we've all gotten to the stage of apathy now because we now know there are no bounds to how the Gov't will avoid doing anything we ask and the result ........... Trump.

Why? because he's a slap in the face to the establishment, this is why he got in, lets not forget that.

Did you ever think that some actually protest in hope for change instead of just because you think they want attention? Also, conservatives protest too buddy. For everything that the left whines and complains about, there is an equal amount of shit the right whines and complains about. Both sides fail to see that they each act the exact same way to the world and each other, but obviously with just different opinions on critical issues.

I do agree with the rest though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Yes I get that about the protests but I see a big difference when its African American parents marching through the streets of Chicago protesting dead kids from trigger happy cops and sh*tty all round law enforcement compared to AntifA and the BLM movement ........ particularly when its BLM in Britain or Japan ..........??

Also their intellectual censorship of all things "offensive", safe spaces and shoving two men kissing in my face for no other reason but to see how you react, they want to get a rise out of you because they want to be offended so they can play their stupid little identity politics game and I have no time in my life for that sh*t.

You know the left have fked up when they're more aggravating to the general public than Neo Nazis lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate