American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby UFGN » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 am

Makes me laugh when Trumpies moan about the press giving Trump a hard time

Remember when Obama ordered mustard on his burger and was branded unamerican by the right wing press?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:18 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's too simplistic to say Trump only won because of Russian hacks.

We don't even know the full extent of them or what they entailed.

He thinks because certain states usually don't even think and just vote for their crew (Dems or Rep) all the time, he's flabbergasted that this time around they actually voted on the people running and ended up switching parties?

Apparently free thinking people = Russian hacks lol

How many actual voters especially in certain old fashioned states even read any online "hacks"?

............ In fact I want to see him copy and paste some of these presumed hacks on here right now and lets see if it makes us want to vote trump.

You were right, DG - the Russian hack was a bogus story. I was so completely wrong.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm

I'm seeing lots of Trump supporters starting to realize they were wrong. Even had a super conservative uncle announce that he no longer supports Trump on Facebook. Fair play to him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:29 pm

StLGooner wrote:I'm seeing lots of Trump supporters starting to realize they were wrong. Even had a super conservative uncle announce that he no longer supports Trump on Facebook. Fair play to him.

He'll probably still win re-election as the Democrats don't appear to have anyone who could seriously challenge him. The only way I can see that Trump would lose would be if the Democrats picked The Rock as their candidate. It would work as he's charismatic, likable, the right skin colour to get back all those Obama voters and he's from Florida so he'll have that state locked down and without Florida, Trump will fall.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I'm seeing lots of Trump supporters starting to realize they were wrong. Even had a super conservative uncle announce that he no longer supports Trump on Facebook. Fair play to him.

He'll probably still win re-election as the Democrats don't appear to have anyone who could seriously challenge him. The only way I can see that Trump would lose would be if the Democrats picked The Rock as their candidate. It would work as he's charismatic, likable, the right skin colour to get back all those Obama voters and he's from Florida so he'll have that state locked down and without Florida, Trump will fall.

Whole system is broke. The fact that you only get to pick from 2 people to fill arguably the most powerful position is the world is a joke, and part of the problem.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's too simplistic to say Trump only won because of Russian hacks.

We don't even know the full extent of them or what they entailed.

He thinks because certain states usually don't even think and just vote for their crew (Dems or Rep) all the time, he's flabbergasted that this time around they actually voted on the people running and ended up switching parties?

Apparently free thinking people = Russian hacks lol

How many actual voters especially in certain old fashioned states even read any online "hacks"?

............ In fact I want to see him copy and paste some of these presumed hacks on here right now and lets see if it makes us want to vote trump.

You were right, DG - the Russian hack was a bogus story. I was so completely wrong.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

No I can't forgive you, not for being a complete bone head.

The fact that you think you've proved something just shows your low IQ.

Look again at that post and what I actually said then come back to me and ask God for forgiveness.

I'll see you on the other side.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:15 am

You're the one who said the Russian hacks were BS. Meanwhile, our intelligence community seems to disagree.

If you honestly believe that Russian interference had zero influence on our election—and Brexit too—and didn't sway the election in Trump's favor due to all the fake news and propaganda, then maybe you have an extra chromosome. Idk, I don't judge.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:48 am

LMAO wrote:You're the one who said the Russian hacks were BS. Meanwhile, our intelligence community seems to disagree.

If you honestly believe that Russian interference had zero influence on our election—and Brexit too—and didn't sway the election in Trump's favor due to all the fake news and propaganda, then maybe you have an extra chromosome. Idk, I don't judge.

I said (clearly) that whether there were hacks or not Jim Bob in Missouri didn't vote for Trump because of Russian flipping hacks, it was for political / economical reasons.

To blame the Democrat loss on "Russian hacks" is the kind of lazy media reporting and politician BS I'd expect from the Democrats if I'm honest.

Let me ask you something, would you care to explain to me what the fk a Russian "hack" actually is?

Maybe if I knew what it was they were supposed to have done or shown us then I could say whether or not its true, but right now Russian hacks is like some sort of political ghost story.

Russian interference had something to do with Brexit? Jesus Christ, I know exactly what caused Brexit and Russia has nothing to do with it.

Is this what the Left do now? didn't get the outcome they wanted so they scream foul play? its childish quite frankly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:20 am

How doers a Russian 'hack' make you vote for Trump? can anyone explain that .......................
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:03 am

EliteKiller wrote:How doers a Russian 'hack' make you vote for Trump? can anyone explain that .......................

Yeah. Americans are morons. Show them a meme with barely disguised "killary takes *** money" on fb and that's enough for them to put down the meth pipe and hit the polls.

Also, have an electoral college system where one candiate can get 3 million more votes and still lose.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:You're the one who said the Russian hacks were BS. Meanwhile, our intelligence community seems to disagree.

I said (clearly) that whether there were hacks or not Jim Bob in Missouri didn't vote for Trump because of Russian flipping hacks, it was for political / economical reasons.

To blame the Democrat loss on "Russian hacks" is the kind of lazy media reporting and politician BS I'd expect from the Democrats if I'm honest.

Let me ask you something, would you care to explain to me what the fk a Russian "hack" actually is?

Maybe if I knew what it was they were supposed to have done or shown us then I could say whether or not its true, but right now Russian hacks is like some sort of political ghost story.

Russian interference had something to do with Brexit? Jesus Christ, I know exactly what caused Brexit and Russia has nothing to do with it.

Is this what the Left do now? didn't get the outcome they wanted so they scream foul play? its childish quite frankly.

Not counting the actual DNC hack, I've already explained this numerous times on here, but you continue to choose to ignore it for some reason. For the last time, in this context, it's the fake news and propaganda ads Russia bought and spread on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit—not technically a hack per se, but a lengthy misinformation campaign that's continuing to this day.

Enjoy: https://democrats-intelligence.house.gov/social-media-content/social-media-advertisements.htm

And they voted for Trump because of economic reasons? As y'all say across the pond, you're having a laugh. Hillary literally had a platform covering the issue. No one in the flyover country was being forgotten or whatever bs reason people try to peddle. Here:
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/an-economy-that-works-for-everyone/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/fixing-americas-infrastructure/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/jobs/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/labor/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/manufacturing/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/rural-communities/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/small-business/
-https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/workforce-and-skills/

Not my fault people like Jim Bob in Missouri are too f***ing stupid and incompetent to look into the candidates, instead resorting to getting their information from soundbites and headlines. People were incapable of looking past 20 years of right-wing propaganda—and Putin knew that, so he helped to continue pushing the narrative—to see Hillary was the most qualified person to ever run for president.

Brexit and Trump happened for similar reasons: misinformation campaigns, Russian meddling further fueling the misinformation and sowing discord, and a sizable portion of the population that was incapable of looking at the bigger picture. If anyone thought there would be a hard Brexit or even a deal like Switzerland and Norway have, then well, they're actually gullible idiots; the same goes for people who thought Trump would "drain the swamp" and MAGA.

EliteKiller wrote:How doers a Russian 'hack' make you vote for Trump? can anyone explain that .......................

ffs no one made anyone. It was the constant barrage of misinformation and propaganda that eventually caused people to either change their vote or sit out, thus swinging the election in Trump's favor.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 am

If anyone doesn't believe Russian hacking is real, go on the Daily Mail and read the comments section for any article involving Russia
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 am

LMAO wrote:

ffs no one made anyone. It was the constant barrage of misinformation and propaganda that eventually caused people to either change their vote or sit out, thus swinging the election in Trump's favor.

But didn't Hillary spend 1,400,000,000 dollars on her own "barrage of misinformation and propaganda" ... or does that not count?

Pretending that a tiny fraction of influence that the Russians (or anyone else) may or may not have had when compared to Hillary's 1.4 billion, and Trump's 900m, money they spent on 'brainwashing' the US public .... is like saying a'fart in a hurricane' caused all the damage ....

To anyone with even a shred of common sense this accusation is utter bollocks ..... to blame the Russians when 500,000,000 more was spent on a "barrage of misinformation and propaganda" by Hillary than by Trump? .... what the feck are all you lot over the pond smoking?

She lost because she was an even worse candidate than Trump ... just get over it ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

EliteKiller wrote:
LMAO wrote:

But didn't Hillary spend 1,400,000,000 dollars on her own "barrage of misinformation and propaganda" ... or does that not count?

Pretending that a tiny fraction of influence that the Russians (or anyone else) may or may not have had when compared to Hillary's 1.4 billion, and Trump's 900m, money they spent on 'brainwashing' the US public .... is like saying a'fart in a hurricane' caused all the damage ....

To anyone with even a shred of common sense this accusation is utter bollocks ..... to blame the Russians when 500,000,000 more was spent on a "barrage of misinformation and propaganda" by Hillary than by Trump? .... what the feck are all you lot over the pond smoking?

She lost because she was an even worse candidate than Trump ... just get over it ......

Exactly this fool is talking like politics in general isn't one big smear campaign its hilarious.

Russians put out fake news lol, what are the media doing then 24/7, what are both parties doing?

Joke.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

And they voted for Trump because of economic reasons? As y'all say across the pond, you're having a laugh.

Not my fault people like Jim Bob in Missouri are too f***ing stupid and incompetent to look into the candidates, instead resorting to getting their information from soundbites and headlines. People were incapable of looking past 20 years of right-wing propaganda—and Putin knew that, so he helped to continue pushing the narrative—to see Hillary was the most qualified person to ever run for president.

Brexit and Trump happened for similar reasons: misinformation campaigns, Russian meddling further fueling the misinformation and sowing discord, and a sizable portion of the population that was incapable of looking at the bigger picture. If anyone thought there would be a hard Brexit or even a deal like Switzerland and Norway have, then well, they're actually gullible idiots; the same goes for people who thought Trump would "drain the swamp" and MAGA.

It was for economic reasons, people in middle America have no jobs and Trump promised them a resurgent economy.
Trump promised to cap migrants and those "Arab terrorists" which your media bombard you with 24/7.
If you don't think these things matter to Americans then your in fkin denial bruv.

Brexit - Did the Russians cause Brussels to never budge on any of the UK's demands? did the Russians cause Borris Johnson and Rees Mogg etc to claim that we're throwing billions into the EU and that would be better off spent in the UK on hospitals etc?
Did the Russians let enormous amounts of migration into the UK?

That is why people voted you buffoon, not because of hacks.

Let me explain something to you of apart from all the above why the Left lost, because I remember at the time what people were saying and the arguments were.

Its because the Left wouldn't listen to people, its because the Left were so busy banging the PC drum and calling Centre voters racists for bringing up immigration that they drove them into the arms of the Right who welcomed their concerns.

Its because the Left are just fkin unlikable and have the social skills of a r***rd, even when someone (like myself) who wants to listen to both sides finds that when you speak to the Right they actually want to talk to you and explain their position, when you talk to the Left the attitude is "What, why are you asking me questions? your too stupid obviously to understand, what do you mean too many immigrants? racist!!!, sexist!! etc etc"

This is why you lost, this is why the Centre ground voters like myself poured over to Republican and Conservatives.

The Left demonized the Centre ground and I warned about this to UFGN in the run up to Brexit when we're having our conversations then, but just like your politicans ........... you didn't listen.

................ and your still not listening now, blaming it on Russian hacks.

People have had enough of the Clinton's, people wanted change because the establishment weren't listening whether they voted Republican or Dem, do you notice how the Republican candidate got brushed aside by Trump?
People actually liked Bernie Sanders and he stood for something, yet Clinton and the Dems drop kicked him off the stand so you alienated your own voters.

I'm telling you to your face ............ Russians leaking emails (amongst the tons of media and Politician smear campaigns already out there) is the least of your problems.

Ignore it if you like, you'll see the truth in the ballot box.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate