American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:09 pm

And why on earth would I take back a post that is no way racist just because you take offence without even understanding the point?

I would suggest that rather than doubling down on such libel and slander you have a think about your bitter attitude. Don't fret, I am a grown man and only blatant charges of that sort of childish nature such as being called a racist pass quickly when the source is considered. Watch your blood pressure please.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:14 pm

Eerrr, no. Don't do that. You are very clearly stating YOUR OPINION of what other people's motivations are.

You VERY, VERY CLEARLY insinuate, well not even insinuate, you blatantly come out and say it, that Michelle Obama, a black candidate, would hope to benefit from "white guilt".

Your words. Yours. I wouldn't accuse someone of racism easily. It's a serious matter. But you have made a nasty, blatant racist comment and all the spin in the world can't change that

I'm not being sensitive not wanting to read racist bile on a forum which reflects on Arsenal and it's fan base.

This is YOU. You and your opinion. Disgraceful.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Oh and Biden has C19. He will not last past the midterms IMO anyway, but that was pretty much the plan given he is Trojan Horse. He will claim C19 took his "energy" and the best thing for the nation would be for him to step aside. The Dems are f***ked when he goes even worse as Harris would be primaried while a sitting President. Newsome will run and campaign on "look what I did in CA", or the Hail Mary candidate michelle O will be drafted hoping the she will attract black and white guilt votes. Except the tending narrative within black America is that Obama was front man too.

Even if your word is to be taken at face value..... that you've been misunderstood..... then ok let's roll with that.... You are instead saying that the Dems would choose as their candidate a black person, not because of her status as a public figure and former first lady, but because she is black and a good bet to profit from "white guilt".........When they put forward white former first lady Hillary Clinton last time. Clinton is better qualified than Michelle, but still..... It is a nasty and baseless accusation and dripping with racist overtones. They wouldn't put her forward, in your mind, for any other reason. SMH.
Last edited by UFGN on Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:30 pm

I can't see how Biden can carry on much longer. He looks reasonably fit for his age but..... for his age which is what, 79?

It's a physically demanding job. My dad is 78 and he sleeps 10 hours a day

The electorate chose Harris, knowing that it was possible she would become president during Biden's term. So she has a mandate imo. I think she should be allowed to stand as the Dem candidate in 2024 unopposed if she becomes president before 2024.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 am

You VERY, VERY CLEARLY insinuate, well not even insinuate, you blatantly come out and say it, that Michelle Obama, a black candidate, would hope to benefit from "white guilt".

Not what I think, what the DNC has said. Martina Orgross (sp?) stated in a DNC tweet back and forth that the Dems need to recruit Michelle Obama to stop the bleeding within the Black vote.

What I said about white guilt voters stands. You may not agree it is thing but it is. FFS, these people (Progressive elites) cannot control themselves and think they are widely agreed with which is changing fast...especially with minority voters.

I'm not being sensitive not wanting to read racist bile on a forum which reflects on Arsenal and it's fa
n base.
This is YOU. You and your opinion. Disgraceful.

If you take what I said as bile that is fine. If you blatantly call me a racist over what are the majority opinions of American voters of all stripes then that is on you.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Oh and Biden has C19. He will not last past the midterms IMO anyway, but that was pretty much the plan given he is Trojan Horse. He will claim C19 took his "energy" and the best thing for the nation would be for him to step aside. The Dems are f***ked when he goes even worse as Harris would be primaried while a sitting President. Newsome will run and campaign on "look what I did in CA", or the Hail Mary candidate michelle O will be drafted hoping the she will attract black and white guilt votes. Except the tending narrative within black America is that Obama was front man too.

Even if your word is to be taken at face value..... that you've been misunderstood..... then ok let's roll with that.... You are instead saying that the Dems would choose as their candidate a black person, not because of her status as a public figure and former first lady, but because she is black and a good bet to profit from "white guilt".........When they put forward white former first lady Hillary Clinton last time. Clinton is better qualified than Michelle, but still..... It is a nasty and baseless accusation and dripping with racist overtones. They wouldn't put her forward, in your mind, for any other reason. SMH.

Yes. The standard line within Dem politics is to point out the race or gender of a person. That diminishes the actual person. WTF do you think Harris was picked to run with Biden? If you adhure to ID politics as you do at least recognize that is what I was referring to obviously. It is no secret that the Dems are all about ID politics, if you are informed beyond the BBC and Guardian.

You need to get a handle on the Clintons. They run the DNC, or used to. They burned Bernie. They controlled who got DNC funding. They are the most corrupt oligarch in global politics. They have been proven to be the sole source of Russia Gate...in court. (See Robby Mook). Like Biden they sold influence. I would say Michelle Obama is more qualified from an ethical standpoint than Hillary ever could be. Both would be crushed at this point in any national election, and as I noted Michelle is being called out as is BO by the changing configuration of the minority vote. Now if that is objectionable to you, tough shit.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:18 am

UFGN wrote:I can't see how Biden can carry on much longer. He looks reasonably fit for his age but..... for his age which is what, 79?

It's a physically demanding job. My dad is 78 and he sleeps 10 hours a day

The electorate chose Harris, knowing that it was possible she would become president during Biden's term. So she has a mandate imo. I think she should be allowed to stand as the Dem candidate in 2024 unopposed if she becomes president before 2024.

Any mandate is long gone given her job approval and that her own party is scared of the thought. You might go off again but she was chosen because she is a black woman as every media outlet and the DNC here said at the time. She dropped out of the 2020 race before any primary with about 1.6% support within the Dem party. FFS she called Biden a racist is the debates! The real question is why YOU think she has any qualifications. That said, I agree. Let her run, just as long as the GOP has the Senate and House to stop her insanity for the following two years.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 am

As I said to you before, I am not doubting that some other people, that's SOME other people, hold similar views.

I am calling you out for what YOU said.

I would react in the same way to anyone who came out with that shit, regardless of who they are.

Take responsibility for your own editting. Parroting racist dogma is still racist.

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:12 am

Let's take a walk down memory lane. You once said that America was racist and despicable because while Florida you went in an eatery and saw a black man cooking your dinner. Your view was that he was forced into being a cook. I found your stance very racist and utterly dehumanizing to the fellow you made broad assumptions about based on his race. Never once did you consider that the man made a choice? Nope, you lumped a man you never had met and never spoken to into a racial category. No respect for the man, just pity and outrage about his life as you imagined it. THAT sir is what I was referring to as white guilt and liberal racism. Be aware of your self owns my friend.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:38 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Let's take a walk down memory lane. You once said that America was racist and despicable because while Florida you went in an eatery and saw a black man cooking your dinner. Your view was that he was forced into being a cook. I found your stance very racist and utterly dehumanizing to the fellow you made broad assumptions about based on his race. Never once did you consider that the man made a choice? Nope, you lumped a man you never had met and never spoken to into a racial category. No respect for the man, just pity and outrage about his life as you imagined it. THAT sir is what I was referring to as white guilt and liberal racism. Be aware of your self owns my friend.

Well that's bullshit and you know it, so don't fkin go there with your bs spin

What I actually said was that every member of the kitchen staff was black and every waiter was white.

You're not talking to some idiot who buys your hollow pseudo concern for your fellow man, when you clearly couldn't give a toss about any kitchen worker or waiter, as is evidenced by just about everything you've ever written on this forum.

If I see with my own eyes a kitchen full of black guys and a restaurant full of smartly dressed white waiters, yeah.... I don't need to be arguing with some third rate false flag humanitarian, that that is pretty fkin suspicious.

UFGN wrote:.
* In Golden Corral..... every waiter was white and every single kitchen worker was black (you could see through the service hatches)..... what the f**k is that all about?

It's a bit much when I have to quote myself to prove your dishonesty

Not only that, but here's the whole post in its original context

UFGN wrote:.
You guys need Bernie or someone like him. Ive been to the States only once for two weeks in my life, and with that extremely limited experience acknowledged, some of the things I saw shocked me.

This was Orlando btw

* About six young guys sleeping in the 24 hour McDonald's next to my hotel. They worked two jobs and the only way they could get a few hours sleep between shifts was to sleep there. Going home and back took too long. They did this every week night

* The lovely Lady who drove the tourist bus to Disney from International Drive.... worked three part time jobs totalling 11 hours a day, plus travel time. I felt so angry for her.... working her arse off and getting nowhere. We said we’d love to show her round London but she explained it was almost impossible to get more than a couple of days at a time off from all her jobs at the same time

* In Golden Corral..... every waiter was white and every single kitchen worker was black (you could see through the service hatches)..... what the f**k is that all about?

* Being a Londoner, I decided to take a public bus to the Mall to save on taxi fares.... in hindsight maybe a bit naive.... but still, one f***ing bus an hour? In a busy city area, to the biggest Mall in the area? Mental.

You need Bernie

Perhaps you could point out the bit where I said America was "racist and despicable"? One passing reference to race in a wider post which raises several issues

I will accept your graceless apology. But I won't hold my breath.

UFGN

Postby 22-0 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:33 am

Yep im striving for more asians in basketball its just so unfair!
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Posts removed.

PRISS, UFGN, please show more discipline in your discussions. I know you two have contrasting views, but the mods can't keep excusing repeated false accusations and abusive behaviour. Instead of trying to get each other banned, work towards an agree-to-disagree type of resolution. If that doesn't prove feasible, show some emotional maturity and ignore each other. Don't make the mistake that EK made.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:11 pm

Zenith wrote:Posts removed.

PRISS, UFGN, please show more discipline in your discussions. I know you two have contrasting views, but the mods can't keep excusing repeated false accusations and abusive behaviour. Instead of trying to get each other banned, work towards an agree-to-disagree type of resolution. If that doesn't prove feasible, show some emotional maturity and ignore each other. Don't make the mistake that EK made.

Perhaps you could point out any false accusations or abusive behavior I have engaged in? Not trying to be difficult but what line did I cross in your mind? And I have never nor would try to get anyone banned. I am a free speech advocate and have always respected everyone's right to hold any views they wish. My intent is never to provoke but rather to counter false narratives that are provably so, especially when called a racist for pointing out some very demostrable undemocratic political tactics and codified positions that political figures have articulated and use to gain power.

The whole point of a political thread is to debate topics in a logical manner which I think I do. If you notice a pattern I often post something folks disagree with but it is always sourced and explained when reacted to as part of debate. If facts or logic...or even opinions are deemed offensive then perhaps no political discussions should be allowed? That or an ignore function that I have not seen nor would care to use?
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Perhaps you could point out any false accusations or abusive behavior I have engaged in?

The selective memory loss is disappointing. You've both shown that you're capable of being courteous, but the posts you and UFGN wrote yesterday were anything but courteous—and that's putting it lightly.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:If facts or logic...or even opinions are deemed offensive then perhaps no political discussions should be allowed?

Firstly, what's logical to you may not be logical to someone else, and vice versa. Secondly, If that were true, this subforum would not have existed for over 15 years. The forum's lenient decorum hasn't changed, but when a discussion devolves into an ad hominem diatribe, mods have to step in. (Although, we'd much prefer if we didn't have to.)
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Zenith wrote:Posts removed.

Perhaps you could point out any false accusations or abusive behavior I have engaged in? Not trying to be difficult but what line did I cross in your mind? And I have never nor would try to get anyone banned. I am a free speech advocate and have always respected everyone's right to hold any views they wish. My intent is never to provoke but rather to counter false narratives that are provably so, especially when called a racist for pointing out some very demostrable undemocratic political tactics and codified positions that political figures have articulated and use to gain power.

The whole point of a political thread is to debate topics in a logical manner which I think I do. If you notice a pattern I often post something folks disagree with but it is always sourced and explained when reacted to as part of debate. If facts or logic...or even opinions are deemed offensive then perhaps no political discussions should be allowed? That or an ignore function that I have not seen nor would care to use?

About five posts above this I have laid out in clear detail how you misrepresented a post I made years ago, maybe presuming I wouldn't check it, and blatantly lied.

I mean, it's clear as day.

Given the opportunity to correct your lies, and presented with the original post in black and white, you refused to acknowledge it. And you're still refusing to acknowledge it

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:42 pm

WTF is a 'hominem diatribe'?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:39 am

Peloshi's ego has us on the brink of WW3.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate