American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:So how's that whole draining the swamp thing going then?

Even though I dislike Trump its silly comments like this that make me end up defending their position.

Your making a dig about politicians not delivering? fk me that must be the Democrats mantra!!

When have politicians EVER delivered? is a better question.

I'm talking about Trump.

Yeahbutism is his only thing. Yeah but others this others that

It's his and his followers only defence

What about him?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:16 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Even though I dislike Trump its silly comments like this that make me end up defending their position.

Your making a dig about politicians not delivering? fk me that must be the Democrats mantra!!

I'm talking about Trump.

What about him?

All those pre-Trump congressmen and senators love that lobbying dollar and dinner. That's why he hasn't been successful draining the swamp (yet)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I'm talking about Trump.

What about him?

All those pre-Trump congressmen and senators love that lobbying dollar and dinner. That's why he hasn't been successful draining the swamp (yet)

And what about his own cabinate and advisors?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Old habits die hard.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Lol you lot are beyond redemption. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong.

To still defend trump now is beyond belief.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 am

Zedie wrote:Lol you lot are beyond redemption. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong.

No ones defending Trump, UFGN is having a go at him for not delivering on his promises.

That's got to be the most cynical accusation I've ever heard in my life .......... name me a politician that does deliver ffs?

That's the whole problem with them in the first place.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:18 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:Lol you lot are beyond redemption. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong.

No ones defending Trump, UFGN is having a go at him for not delivering on his promises.

That's got to be the most cynical accusation I've ever heard in my life .......... name me a politician that does deliver ffs?

That's the whole problem with them in the first place.

I mean, for better or worse, Trump has actually done surprisingly well in this department.

1)Raised tariffs on goods imported to US ✓

2)Ban Muslims ✓

3)End Iran deal ✓

4)Build a wall - In the works but he's secured 1,6 billion for it.

5)Moved US Embassy to Jerusalem ✓

6) Canceled Paris agreement, withdrawn from TPP ✓

7) Renegotiate NAFTA - In the works and will happen soon.

8) New tax bill (tax cuts) ✓
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 am

DG and EK, this is the last I’m spending on this situation with y’all, and then I’m done. It’s a pointless endeavor for all of us.

Take silly season and Twitter ITKs or tabloids, for example. Pablo and other bullshit artists on Twitter can send a tweet or tabloids can write an article—no matter how untrue the story is—and their followers/readers and other randos will believe a transfer for a certain player is about to happen. The rumors rarely come to fruition, yet an alarming amount of people eat them up and treat the rumors like gospel. It’s even happened here on GW multiple times.

Ramp that up to something on a grander scale, like a US presidential election or a UK referendum, but with the added bonus of more mature people (i.e., 40 and older) who, overall, possess more technical ineptness and inability to comprehend that not everything they read or see on the internet is true. Now, do you see where I’m going with how easy it is to manipulate people on social media? If not, then you’re being irrationally stubborn. We’ll have to simply agree to disagree.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:44 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

So...how has Trump drained the swamped exactly (i.e., government corruption and government waste)?

Yeah, he's fulfilled on a lot of his campaign promises, but drained the swamp he has not. In fact, he's contributed to it greatly.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:31 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So...how has Trump drained the swamped exactly (i.e., government corruption and government waste)?

Yeah, he's fulfilled on a lot of his campaign promises, but drained the swamp he has not. In fact, he's contributed to it greatly.

One word .............. :doh:

Did you even read the god damn post?

What are you even talking about? I give up, I'm going to bed.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 am

DG your argument is simply ridiculous

He's done a bunch of horrible negative shit and the only positive thing he pledged to do he hasn't done at all

WTF is your argument? That all politicians lie? Come on man this isn't a 6th form debating society

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 am

DG is an alright bloke around the rest of the forum, but when it comes to politics, he loves changing the scope of questions and gets antsy when called out on it.

DG, I'll spell it out so you can understand:
1. UFGN talked about Trump not draining the swamp like he promised to do.
2. You quote UFGN and write that what he said is a silly comment (though you fail to give evidence for something that should be easily disproven, but nah, that's not your game).
3. UFGN didn't mention anything other than Trump draining the swamp, yet you accuse him of talking about other politicians (which has absolutely zero relevance here). Maybe you meant to write "a politician" (i.e., Trump) and not "politicians," but I won't assume.
4. You continue your journey toward huh-ville by talking about holding politicans accountable being a Democrat catchphrase (newsflash: UFGN is English, so how can he be an American Democrat? That made no sense whatsoever) and have a tone like that's somehow a bad thing.
5. You end by resorting to whataboutism about politicians not delivering being a better question. UFGN wasn't asking about an MP from Bath, he was talking about Trump. That's so f***ing far away from UFGN's original ask that you may as well have been talking about what to eat for dinner.
6. My first line is a simple inquery to you reiterating UFGN asking how well Trump's swamp draining is going. You said you defend his position because of silly comments, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to...well...y'know...defend. So once again, how has Trump drained the swamp?
7. My second line was a response to your whataboutism and goal post shift recognizing that Trump has delivered on some of his campaign promises, while still circling back around as to not get off track by reiterating that he has not drained the swamp.
8. You feign outrage by acting like I don't know what I'm replying to of yours, and finish by rage quitting.
9. Here we are.

Hope that helped. G'night and sweet dreams.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:59 am

RIP DG gone but not forgotten.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:06 am

Has he died?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Zedie wrote:RIP DG gone but not forgotten.

I can't comment on the level of stupidity here.

RIP but you guys can't even understand what I'm even saying when I spelled it out quite clearly, it was nothing deep, nothing complicated just one statement of truth.

I'll leave you guys to finish circle jerking each other off while you celebrate "putting me to rights". :rolleyes:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate