American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby UFGN » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:23 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

Looks like STL is strictly a vodka kinda guy
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:30 pm

I'm a whiskey type of guy, or shall I say bourbon, that's a bit more American. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:33 pm

StLGooner wrote:I'm a whiskey type of guy, or shall I say bourbon, that's a bit more American. ;)

You probably need that living in St Louis.

Not to be offensive but isn't it a bit sh*t up there, murder capital of America for a number of years right?

Probably need a bourbon just for enough dutch courage to go to the corner shop lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:23 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I'm a whiskey type of guy, or shall I say bourbon, that's a bit more American. ;)

Not to be offensive but isn't it a bit sh*t up there, murder capital of America for a number of years right?

Probably need a bourbon just for enough dutch courage to go to the corner shop lol.

lmfao I can see him going out to pick up some milk in tactical gear. Out here looking like robocop ffs :rofll:

Nah, I'm just f***ing with you, SG. I gotta hit up St. Louis sometime for that BBQ I keep hearing about—see if it's really as good as y'all like to claim.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:25 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

lmfao I can see him going out to pick up some milk in tactical gear. Out here looking like robocop ffs :rofll:

Nah, I'm just f***ing with you, SG. I gotta hit up St. Louis sometime for that BBQ I keep hearing about—see if it's really as good as y'all like to claim.

Go to SugarFire, it's pretty good!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

We're usually close to the top of the crime/murder rate category, and that is per capita, cause we're a smaller city. Most of the crime is in the inner city though, I live in the suburbs currently.

It's honestly all a bit exaggerated like so many other things. I don't worry when I go to the corner store, I don't worry when I go out anywhere really. I am a little cautious going into the city, but really just more alert and aware, never scared.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:08 pm

StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

We're usually close to the top of the crime/murder rate category, and that is per capita, cause we're a smaller city. Most of the crime is in the inner city though, I live in the suburbs currently.

It's honestly all a bit exaggerated like so many other things. I don't worry when I go to the corner store, I don't worry when I go out anywhere really. I am a little cautious going into the city, but really just more alert and aware, never scared.

Yeah, well we currently have a stabbing epidemic.

I was out on a birthday night out with a friend just the other week and someone who was in the party got stabbed.

There are stabbings happening every week here atm, the other month there was 4 in one day, the night I was talking about had 3 in 24 hrs ............ and we're only a town.

Me personally I was just shaking my head, no consequences, that's all I was thinking, in my day yes it happened but rarely, because there would be someone to answer to usually.

These days there isn't, people either don't want to get involved or the ones higher up are usually high up to the point that they've left the streets to themselves ............ so its like the wild west out there.

Its just another reason why I know you can't give the public firearms.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah, well we currently have a stabbing epidemic.

I was out on a birthday night out with a friend just the other week and someone who was in the party got stabbed.

There are stabbings happening every week here atm, the other month there was 4 in one day, the night I was talking about had 3 in 24 hrs ............ and we're only a town.

Me personally I was just shaking my head, no consequences, that's all I was thinking, in my day yes it happened but rarely, because there would be someone to answer to usually.

These days there isn't, people either don't want to get involved or the ones higher up are usually high up to the point that they've left the streets to themselves ............ so its like the wild west out there.

Its just another reason why I know you can't give the public firearms.

Exactly.

Introduce guns in that equation and you can bet the death toll goes up. I know I'd much rather get stabbed than shot. Actually I have been stabbed before and yet I'm still here. I have had a gun pulled on me a couple of times, luckily they didn't pull the trigger or I wouldn't be typing this.

And to think that some of the right wingers here want more people to have guns, if not every single citizen. Some were actually discussing this today in my office. It's insane! :dizzy: :BangHead:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:52 pm

StLGooner wrote:Exactly.

Introduce guns in that equation and you can bet the death toll goes up. I know I'd much rather get stabbed than shot. Actually I have been stabbed before and yet I'm still here. I have had a gun pulled on me a couple of times, luckily they didn't pull the trigger or I wouldn't be typing this.

And to think that some of the right wingers here want more people to have guns, if not every single citizen. Some were actually discussing this today in my office. It's insane! :dizzy: :BangHead:

Do you know what sort of country has everybody armed? either a military state, rogue nation or places like Afghanistan lol.

God help you guys.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Exactly.

Do you know what sort of country has everybody armed? either a military state, rogue nation or places like Afghanistan lol.

God help you guys.

Right!

So, question still stands. You got room for me over there? I promise I won't act all American! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:58 am

lmfao farmers are upset at the Trump administration over the trade war.

It's almost as if they were warned by a lot of us before the election that this would happen. But nooooooo, gIvE tHe gUy a cHaNcE, hE's GoNnA MaGa, aMeRiCa FiRsT.

Maybe they've learned their lesson, but I won't hold my breath when they check off that magic (R) box again smh
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:00 am

So...uh...can someone explain the difference to me? It's becoming difficult to differentiate between Vanilla ISIS and Daesh.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 am

One lot come from a lawless land run by an egotistical maniac where religious nutjobs are everywhere, guns are ten a penny and 300 people get shot every day.

...and the other lot are in Syria.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Phil71 wrote:One lot come from a lawless land run by an egotistical maniac where religious nutjobs are everywhere, guns are ten a penny and 300 people get shot every day.

...and the other lot are in Syria.

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:36 pm

LMAO wrote:lmfao farmers are upset at the Trump administration over the trade war.

It's almost as if they were warned by a lot of us before the election that this would happen. But nooooooo, gIvE tHe gUy a cHaNcE, hE's GoNnA MaGa, aMeRiCa FiRsT.

Maybe they've learned their lesson, but I won't hold my breath when they check off that magic (R) box again smh

The average Cleetus that gets interviewed on CNN isn't representative of most farms, which are giant agribusinesses for whom tax cuts, production subsidies and lax food safety regulations are much more important than selling a few million soybeans to China each year.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate