American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:40 am

The USA is screwed up everything is now split by politics -

Tara Reade accuses Biden of Sexually assault - media response she's manipulative, deceitful, user, it's not true don't cover it.

Amy Dorris accuses Trump of Sexually assault - media response she's a hero, brave, smart, it must be true front page news.

I'm being extreme to prove a point but you get the picture - my side good your side bad - there is no middle ground.

Right there is why the USA is doomed, doesn't matter now who wins the election the losing side will never accept the result, truth and justice that now only applies to the side you support.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:53 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
The president says he wants people who burn the flag to be jailed for 1 year therefore the president is anti-free speech. What part of that isn't clear to you?

So in principle the man can't express his opinion? I don't agree with him nor does the SC. But in "principle" might not be a bad thing to get the malcontents dealt with! Just joking! I will give you one point. But we both know it will never go beyond political rhetoric which it is.

No, he's allowed to express his opinion, but I personally wouldn't be comfortable backing someone who is openly anti-free speech.

And no, it won't become law, but not because Trump wouldn't do it, but because he can't. Because flag burning is protected by the 1st amendment of the Constitution.

If there was no Constitution, who knows what Trump would do. It's clear he sees himself as more of a ruler than a public servant.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:20 am

EliteKiller wrote:The USA is screwed up everything is now split by politics -

Tara Reade accuses Biden of Sexually assault - media response she's manipulative, deceitful, user, it's not true don't cover it.

Amy Dorris accuses Trump of Sexually assault - media response she's a hero, brave, smart, it must be true front page news.

I'm being extreme to prove a point but you get the picture - my side good your side bad - there is no middle ground.

Right there is why the USA is doomed, doesn't matter now who wins the election the losing side will never accept the result, truth and justice that now only applies to the side you support.

I think history will look back at what seems to be a very odd consolidation of Left political bias and infiltation into mainstream media, College and Uni establishments and big business.

Its a bit like how Nazi Germany did it, it got to the point that it was like a steam roller that couldn't be stopped even when people knew it wasn't a good thing.

I have my ideas on why this is and how its occurred.

Media - Most big media outlets are centered on the coasts, NY and LA, both of which are notoriously Left Wing Democrat strongholds and that has a direct influence on the media.
Now obviously there is media bias for both wings but I mainly only see Fox News vs ABC, MSBN, CNN etc along with chat shows which are all Left.

College and Uni - These establishments have typically had for years Left Wing faculty, they didn't pre the 60's if anything I would say they were Right wing but these days its become a breeding ground of faux courses and activism, not sure how this has got so out of hand that they have essentially taken over the schools but its happened.

Big business - Now this one is easy, they follow social trends and influencers because they simply see $$$ signs and with the weight of the media going Left business is scared that if they don't band wagon they'll be targeted as anti-diversity or have the fact that they own Eastern Sweat shops splashed over the presses front page.

I think all of this added together gives the Left a big machine all chugging in one direction.

The weird anomaly in all this though is the public, the silent majority seems Republican (states not population numbers) then you have swing voters who feel like they're being bullied by PC culture and don't want to be cowed like Sheep hence why even with all the actors, athletes and businesses marketing for the Left or BLM your getting election results to the opposite effect.

Tbf its a fkin headache being around in these times, its a sh*t show, at least in other time of civil unrest you more or less knew what you were fighting for but right now its a meltdown of epic proportions.
I think social media has had a lot to do with this, its engaged the public way more than the traditional Dems vs Republicans that I wish we could go back to.

Now we have armed militia and BLM squads causing havoc.

I just hope Britain never gets like that.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 am

UFGN wrote:This forum is unusable for political debate because its full of people who just want to talk bs and project their utter stupidity onto others.

Bored of it.

When the agitators f**k off or are f***ked off, maybe itll be worth putting in the effort.

Its not a f***ing school playground.

Ah yes, the radical left is strong in you.

Everyone else is stupid and they need to be shut down.

Bravo.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:There you go, it's even the Daily Mail so you can't claim "leftist media bias" for this one.

Clearly at both left-wing and right-wing protests there's idiots and arseholes who do something stupid and/ or aggressive that should rightfully be condemned, but all I see here is our resident centrists cherry-picking incidents of those on the left and using it to delegitimize an entire movement and group of people. There are plenty of examples of right-wing groups doing awful things, but you just aren't interested in seeking them out. It's all about demonizing all of those on the left using fringe examples and turning a blind eye to the actions of the right whilst claiming your enlightened centrist position.

That's the difference "Seek them out" yes you do have to seek them out, like your example which is around 3-4 months old, was it right, of course not but the events on the other side are simply out of hand.

BLM / antifia have subjected two states in particular to near martial law, Portland and Seattle, when Far Right takes over 6 city blocks for weeks then come see me.

The comparison is non-existent and all I see are the Left sided voters getting annoyed because they know they can't deny it and I'm showing video proof.

Also this is not "fringe examples" this is happening regularly, BLM riots have been going on for months, if you don't think this is what BLM has become then your in denial.

.............. so if I'm turning a blind eye to "actions of the Right" show me then, show me something where the Right are going around attacking joe public from the last 3 months.

If I'm being bias, prove it to me, because the examples I'm giving are literally falling out of the air there's so many.

Exactly correct.
Months and months of left wing extremism on show and the left wing extremists find an example of right wing extremism and shout ' Hey, look it's both sides'.
Extremism on the left and right needs to be condemned, but there is no doubt that the major problem at this time is the left. they have gone completely nuts.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:50 am

lmao

Good to see a sense of humor every now and then.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 am

LMAO wrote:

lmao

Good to see a sense of humor every now and then.

That is funny.
Trump shoving his own foot in his mouth again.
Biden's campaign could find so many of these kinds of moments to make hay with.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:08 am

As if we needed any more confirmation that the Democrats have completely abandoned the Constitution, Pelosi says the House will use 'every arrow in it's quiver' to stop the President replacing Ruth Bader Ginsberg on the SC.

Perhaps dear old Nancy should be told that the House have eff all to do with SC nominations and confirmations.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:50 am

Trump rambles about "good genes" and the "racehorse theory" in Minnesota.
Sounds like eugenics to me.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:27 am

jayramfootball wrote:
UFGN wrote:This forum is unusable for political debate because its full of people who just want to talk bs and project their utter stupidity onto others.

Bored of it.

When the agitators f**k off or are f***ked off, maybe itll be worth putting in the effort.

Bravo.

That's about the strength of it.

His efforts at shutting people down by being condescending and abusive has failed, so now he's indirectly asking the mods to ban people he disagrees with.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:25 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Bored of it.

Bravo.

His efforts at shutting people down by being condescending and abusive has failed, so now he's indirectly asking the mods to ban people he disagrees with.

Not the first time he's done it either.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:53 pm

He's completely right though. The level of discussion in this thread is shocking and i genuinely think half of the posters here (i can name names if necessary) are so far removed from reality that it's simply not worth talking to them.

And It's not that i don't want to have a reasonable discussion, but that i don't know how to with these people. Reminds me of what i said to Pat Rice recently: One of us must be completely insane because what he's saying is so far removed from what i perceive as reality that i do not even know how to engage with him. And this isn't just politics, it's more fundamental than that. It's on an epistemological level.

For example, i will lay out an argument:

Premise 1: It is anti-free speech to want to jail people for burning flags.
Premise 2: Trump said he wants to jail people for burning the flag.
Conlusion: Trump is anti-free speech.

To this i will get a response that Trump has the right to have his opinion (has nothing to do with the argument above) and that some Democrat did something so they're bad too (nothing to do with the argument above).

I also had this thing with DG where i asked the same question over and over again and he would quote it and reply going on a tangent about something that had nothing to do with the question. So i would copy paste the question again and point out that he didn't answer it and he would again reply by going on a tangent about something else. So this spanned over like 3 pages and after that i just gave up.

At the end of the day, it is a fvcking football forum and none of our politics debates have any value other than entertainment value so while i do think you're all insane i don't really mind it as long as i feel my sanity is intact.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:58 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Bored of it.

Bravo.

OK, I'm going to start calling you a paedophile in every post. Fairs?

Seeing as youre talking shit and flaming people by calling them extremists in every post, I'll do the same.

Oherwise, shut the f**k up, be an adult, and maybe people wont have a problem with you
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:56 pm

UFGN wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Bored of it.

Bravo.

OK, I'm going to start calling you a paedophile in every post. Fairs?

Seeing as youre talking shit and flaming people by calling them extremists in every post, I'll do the same.

Oherwise, shut the f**k up, be an adult, and maybe people wont have a problem with you

Stupid false equivalence.
You are an extremist because you express extremist views.
I have never expressed any views on paedophilia.

'People'? Which people?
Rather large generalisation there, don't you think?

I can tell you that there are many people who are sick to death with the extremism in politics and how it has spilled over into every day life. Those people are quite happy to call out such extremism for what it is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Jedi wrote:He's completely right though. The level of discussion in this thread is shocking and i genuinely think half of the posters here (i can name names if necessary) are so far removed from reality that it's simply not worth talking to them.

And It's not that i don't want to have a reasonable discussion, but that i don't know how to with these people. Reminds me of what i said to Pat Rice recently: One of us must be completely insane because what he's saying is so far removed from what i perceive as reality that i do not even know how to engage with him. And this isn't just politics, it's more fundamental than that. It's on an epistemological level.

For example, i will lay out an argument:

Premise 1: It is anti-free speech to want to jail people for burning flags.
Premise 2: Trump said he wants to jail people for burning the flag.
Conlusion: Trump is anti-free speech.

To this i will get a response that Trump has the right to have his opinion (has nothing to do with the argument above) and that some Democrat did something so they're bad too (nothing to do with the argument above).

I also had this thing with DG where i asked the same question over and over again and he would quote it and reply going on a tangent about something that had nothing to do with the question. So i would copy paste the question again and point out that he didn't answer it and he would again reply by going on a tangent about something else. So this spanned over like 3 pages and after that i just gave up.

At the end of the day, it is a fvcking football forum and none of our politics debates have any value other than entertainment value so while i do think you're all insane i don't really mind it as long as i feel my sanity is intact.

Your premise is incorrect.

It is not anti-free speech to want to jail people for burning the flag.
It would only become such if people were actually jailed for burining the flag.

The flag burning debate is not new - through history there have been efforts to criminalise it.

Words are not the same as action - and in this case Trump is actually excercising his free speech by saying what he wants to say on the subject.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate