American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:When she says 'shut this party down' was that a function for a purpose or was it just random people sitting down and having drinks/food?

That was just a normal evening in a restaurant that the mob happened to come across, no special occasion., as you could see all those diners were seperate.

DG youve proven time and time again that youre not interested in real issues beyond whats currently being shown to you

Everyone on here has condemned BLM yet you carry on harping on about them because thats whats on your SM feeds.

Meanwhile, in the US the residents of the worlds richest country are held hostage by medical insurance companies, and in the UK the poor are queueing up at food banks and being denied shelter by local councils

This is the stark cost of right wing government. That is my motivation to support left wing alternatives to this disgusting bunch of Etonian W****rs. You ask me why do I criticise the fact theyre all from the same schools? If you need to ask the question, you are not thinking clearly

Once again, that is the system we prefer.

We have the same thing in the US, it's Harvard and Yale and those Universities have given us Obama, the Clintons, the Bush clan. Biden on the other hand barely made the grade at the University of Delaware. Yes people of privilege get their spawn into good schools, good schools tend to produce good graduates who tend to do well in business and politics. Is it fair? f**k no. It is life. Life's disadvantages are to be overcome. As are advantages in far too many cases.

So lets say Biden wins and the left gets total control as they had under the first couple years of Obama. What exactly would you think might actually change? Universal health care? Not a chance. Universal income? Ditto. Racial "equality "? What measures? Illegal immigration made legal? Dream on.

You remind me of the song that goes "tax the rich, feed the poor until there are no rich no more". The next verse should be "but who will feed the poor after?".
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 pm

Re healthcare, yeah theres been a lot of disingenuous bs spun about UHC in the states, but I think people arent that stupid. Given a well planned programme I'm sure theyd get behind it

I don't think you have a clue about how a market based healthcare system works much less how our Social Security and Medicare/Medicare systems actually work. I do know that you have no idea what most US voters think.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:34 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Jedi wrote:
You guys are the ones supporting Trump's anti-free speech rhetoric, attacking private companies because their athletes are voicing their opinion.

FFS dude. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and silencing them. Which planet is Serbia on anyway?

Trump has many times called for NFL to fire players that kneel and his pressure (pressure from the state) forced NFL to institute a policy which barred players from kneeling during the anthem. This, other than fundamentally being anti-free speech, also broke U.S. Code, Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 11, Section 227 titled:
Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

Trump is also on record saying he wants people to be punished with jail time if they burn the flag.

He is an anti-free speech president - there's no two ways about it.

You do not understand the US system it seems. Presidents have the same rights of expression and to opinion as anyone else does. Be it Obama or Trump, their opinions do not carry the weight of law nor do they represent the "state". We have a three pillared system that makes up the Federalist "state" and 50 actual states. Nobody speaks for all.

Trump may well think that, that does not give him the power to act on it.

I just cited your law and it disagrees with you so i couldn't fvcking care less what you think.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Jedi wrote:
Jedi wrote:
You guys are the ones supporting Trump's anti-free speech rhetoric, attacking private companies because their athletes are voicing their opinion.

FFS dude. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and silencing them. Which planet is Serbia on anyway?

Trump has many times called for NFL to fire players that kneel and his pressure (pressure from the state) forced NFL to institute a policy which barred players from kneeling during the anthem. This, other than fundamentally being anti-free speech, also broke U.S. Code, Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 11, Section 227 titled:
Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

Trump is also on record saying he wants people to be punished with jail time if they burn the flag.

He is an anti-free speech president - there's no two ways about it.

You do not understand the US system it seems. Presidents have the same rights of expression and to opinion as anyone else does. Be it Obama or Trump, their opinions do not carry the weight of law nor do they represent the "state". We have a three pillared system that makes up the Federalist "state" and 50 actual states. Nobody speaks for all.

Trump may well think that, that does not give him the power to act on it.

I just cited your law and it disagrees with you so i couldn't fvcking care less what you think.

OK then by your misinterpretation of US Code Obama needs to jailed along side Trump. This Sec 227 BS only came into vogue by the left three years ago. You fell right in line eh?

I suggest you review Sect 227 in context, it is to do with corruption and governmental influence. It does not nor could it Constitutionally prohibit some one from exercising their First Amendment rights. Here is a prime example. The Dems from Pelosi to Obama constantly speak out against the Trump Organization. Politically motivated folks in government trying to influence a private entity. Hmmmmm.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Nice whataboutism, didn't ask, though.

We're talking about Trump. Flinging shit at the other side doesn't absolve him. Try again.

Also irrespective of whether or not he broke the law, it's still anti-free speech in principle. As are his cries to expand libel laws. As are his calls to jail people who burn the flag.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:16 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:When she says 'shut this party down' was that a function for a purpose or was it just random people sitting down and having drinks/food?

That was just a normal evening in a restaurant that the mob happened to come across, no special occasion., as you could see all those diners were seperate.

DG youve proven time and time again that youre not interested in real issues beyond whats currently being shown to you

Everyone on here has condemned BLM yet you carry on harping on about them because thats whats on your SM feeds.

Meanwhile, in the US the residents of the worlds richest country are held hostage by medical insurance companies, and in the UK the poor are queueing up at food banks and being denied shelter by local councils

This is the stark cost of right wing government. That is my motivation to support left wing alternatives to this disgusting bunch of Etonian W****rs. You ask me why do I criticise the fact theyre all from the same schools? If you need to ask the question, you are not thinking clearly

Once again, that is the system we prefer.

We have the same thing in the US, it's Harvard and Yale and those Universities have given us Obama, the Clintons, the Bush clan. Biden on the other hand barely made the grade at the University of Delaware. Yes people of privilege get their spawn into good schools, good schools tend to produce good graduates who tend to do well in business and politics. Is it fair? f**k no. It is life. Life's disadvantages are to be overcome. As are advantages in far too many cases.

So lets say Biden wins and the left gets total control as they had under the first couple years of Obama. What exactly would you think might actually change? Universal health care? Not a chance. Universal income? Ditto. Racial "equality "? What measures? Illegal immigration made legal? Dream on.

You remind me of the song that goes "tax the rich, feed the poor until there are no rich no more". The next verse should be "but who will feed the poor after?".

The US has been brainwashed into fearing UHC by special interests and insurance companies who spend millions on advertising

The right have utterly failed America. Your politics has left your country with citizens bankrupted by medical bills, at the mercy of a barbaric judicial system, and with pathetic employment rights.

Silly quips and bs nationalism is all youve got by way of reply
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Trump is definitely against institutional criticism from media and business sure but your comment about the NFL is BS.

The NFL are a private org and have been putting up with their employees kneeling in protest for over a year now.

If they are live, playing a game, it is their right as an employer to tell their employees not to practice protest during a game so your constitutional example is a complete crock.

That's like me refusing to do my job because I'm busy protesting.

If athletes want to protest, do it on their own damn time, not using their profession whilst on the clock on a live broadcast, that is not a public platform, its privately scheduled air time that their employer is paying them to play a game, when they're off the clock they can do what they want.

But it wasn't the NFL that had the problem with the kneeling, it was Trump. The only reason the rule that barred players from doing it was put in place was because of pressure from Trump and his supporters. That's all he does. Creates a random enemy and baits people into an "us vs. them" situation to activate his base and his supporters buy it every time.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:27 pm

Jedi wrote:Nice whataboutism, didn't ask, though.

We're talking about Trump. Flinging shit at the other side doesn't absolve him. Try again.

Also irrespective of whether or not he broke the law, it's still anti-free speech in principle. As are his cries to expand libel laws. As are his calls to jail people who burn the flag.

Not slinging shit, just pointing out that you are wrong and gave an example of why. Now if we were to go with the insane application of Sec 227 as the left has tried to make a case for against Trump ( (a) Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity)...then the example I cited would be far more liable to result in the DEMS being prosecuted right?

Ah...anti free speech in principle. How does that work exactly? The man can say as many idiotic things as he wishes, not a crime in the US. I understand that he does not always think statements through. The problem with the Dems and you on the left take an issue such as kneeling which is an overt political act which you support and then try to criminalize someone opposing it. That sir is how totalitarian regimes work ffs. In our representative democracy seek to be informed and then we vote as per the Constitution. And everyone knows about Trump, warts and all.
Last edited by Pat Rice in Short Shorts on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:32 pm

But it wasn't the NFL that had the problem with the kneeling, it was Trump. The only reason the rule that barred players from doing it was put in place was because of pressure from Trump and his supporters. That's all he does. Creates a random enemy and baits people into an "us vs. them" situation to activate his base and his supporters buy it every time.

No, it was average middle America Americans as well as Trump. Rather condescending of you (and the left which makes a habit of it) to claim Trump leads anyone by the nose. He was elected because people agreed with him, he represented their views.

The NFL had no problem with it until it cost them $$$$ and conversely their players got in a huff. Now they are f***ked as their ratings are down 30% due to BLM nonsense.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:36 pm

The US has been brainwashed into fearing UHC by special interests and insurance companies who spend millions on advertising

The right have utterly failed America. Your politics has left your country with citizens bankrupted by medical bills, at the mercy of a barbaric judicial system, and with pathetic employment rights.

No, we do not "fear" it we oppose it.

You are such a drama queen about issues you don't comprehend.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:51 pm

What you mean is YOU oppose is because it suits your "f**k you I got mine" attitude

America fears it because UHC has been demonised by paid talking heads and millions upon millions of dollars of lobbying from the health insurance industry. I comprehend that perfectly well.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 pm

UFGN wrote:Youre argument re the Dems is basically, I like ham sandwiches but this sandwich shop has stopped selling them..... so instead of buying a cheese sandwich im going to go and eat a steaming dog turd

Re healthcare, yeah theres been a lot of disingenuous bs spun about UHC in the states, but I think people arent that stupid. Given a well planned programme I'm sure theyd get behind it

I just can't get behind self-sabotage, if I were American I'd have to look at the day to day politics that would effect my life if I were going to vote but I'm not American so I can only comment as a bystander and apart from Trump being an ego maniac who plays decency way to close for comfort, what is it about Republican day to day policies that makes them so abhorant?

Talking of self sabotage, they bridled at candidates like Gabbard who they could of built up and instead went for this .............
Now if your trying to convince people to vote Democrat, you have to do better than this, and don't say "Well he's not Trump" that is simply not good enough.

The montage is from 28 secs in, this man is not medically fit to be a President.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:02 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Ah...anti free speech in principle. How does that work exactly?

Works rather simple. The president says he wants people who burn the flag to be jailed for 1 year therefore the president is anti-free speech. What part of that isn't clear to you?

The man can say as many idiotic things as he wishes, not a crime in the US. I understand that he does not always think statements through. The problem with the Dems and you on the left take an issue such as kneeling which is an overt political act which you support and then try to criminalize someone opposing it. That sir is how totalitarian regimes work ffs. In our representative democracy seek to be informed and then we vote as per the Constitution. And everyone knows about Trump, warts and all.
Whataboutism.

Again, you have no defense for Trump so you're forced to attack the other side because you'd rather explode than admit I'm right.

So, try again. The topic is Trump and his stances on free speech. Not the radical left, not Biden, not BLM, not anything else. TRUMP and FREE SPEECH.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 am

UFGN wrote:

What you mean is YOU oppose is because it suits your "f**k you I got mine" attitude

America fears it because UHC has been demonised by paid talking heads and millions upon millions of dollars of lobbying from the health insurance industry. I comprehend that perfectly well.

No what I mean is what I said. There is a reason the majority including union membership oppose Medicare for all and why Biden has backed away from it.

Who do you think benefited the most from Obamacare? The insurance industry.

Their is very little advertising for Health Insurance per say. Most is for Medicare gap insurance.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:17 am

The president says he wants people who burn the flag to be jailed for 1 year therefore the president is anti-free speech. What part of that isn't clear to you?

So in principle the man can't express his opinion? I don't agree with him nor does the SC. But in "principle" might not be a bad thing to get the malcontents dealt with! Just joking! I will give you one point. But we both know it will never go beyond political rhetoric which it is.

The man can say as many idiotic things as he wishes, not a crime in the US. I understand that he does not always think statements through. The problem with the Dems and you on the left take an issue such as kneeling which is an overt political act which you support and then try to criminalize someone opposing it. That sir is how totalitarian regimes work ffs. In our representative democracy seek to be informed and then we vote as per the Constitution. And everyone knows about Trump, warts and all.

Whataboutism.

Again, you have no defense for Trump so you're forced to attack the other side because you'd rather explode than admit I'm right.

No you missed my point by a mile. If they can't beat him at the polls try to criminalize him. That is what the whole Sec 227 argument that you copied from Huffington was about as was impeachment. That sir is totalitarianism.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate