American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: 2016 American Presidential Election

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Like I've said in this topic many times, no way is a Republican getting the White House for the foreseeable future. From candidates believing the Bible should hold ultimate authority in the lawmaking of America to those who think the people should decide (even though more than 2/3 of America is in favor of same-sex marriage, so the advocates for putting the issue to a vote would lose anyway). These dimwits just don't know when to give up. They make the UK's right-wing politicians look sane in comparison.

Some golden quotes from Republican candidates after today's same-sex marriage ruling:

Bobby Jindal (current governor of Louisiana): [The Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage] will pave the way for an all out assault against the religious freedom rights of Christians who disagree with this decision. The Supreme Court decision today conveniently and not surprisingly follows public opinion polls, and tramples on states' rights that were once protected by the 10th Amendment of the Constitution. Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that."

Mike Huckabee (former governor of Arkansas): "I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch. We must resist and reject judicial tyranny, not retreat."

Rick Santorum (former Pennsylvania senator): "Today, five unelected judges redefined the foundational unit of society. Now it is the people's turn to speak. Now is the people's opportunity respond because the future of the institution of marriage is too important to not have a public debate. The Court is one of three co-equal branches of government and, just as they have in cases from Dred Scott to Plessy, the Court has an imperfect track record."

Scott Walker (current governor of Wisconsin): "As a result of this decision, the only alternative left for the American people is to support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to reaffirm the ability of the states to continue to define marriage."

Rick Perry (current governor of Texas): "I am disappointed the Supreme Court today chose to change the centuries old definition of marriage as between one man and one woman. I’m a firm believer in traditional marriage, and I also believe the 10th Amendment leaves it to each state to decide this issue. I fundamentally disagree with the court rewriting the law and assaulting the 10th Amendment. Our founding fathers did not intend for the judicial branch to legislate from the bench, and as president, I would appoint strict Constitutional conservatives who will apply the law as written."

Marco Rubio (Florida senator): "This decision short-circuits the political process that has been underway on the state level for years. While I disagree with this decision, we live in a republic and must abide by the law. As we look ahead, it must be a priority of the next president to nominate judges and justices committed to applying the Constitution as written and originally understood."

Chris Christie (current governor of New Jersey): "I agree with Justice - Chief Justice Roberts. As you know, that this is something that should be decided by the people and not by, I think he called them, five lawyers. I agree with that, I've said that before as to our Supreme Court. That this is something that shouldn't be decided by a group of lawyers, but should be decided by the people."
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Well consider the Republicans do control just enough of the state legislatures (though touch and go on a few) to put through a constitutional amendment.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Mike Huckabee (former governor of Arkansas): "I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch. We must resist and reject judicial tyranny, not retreat[/b]

:rofll:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Angelito » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:14 am

Brandon wrote:
UFGN wrote:Which republican is most likely to win the nomination?

I honestly have no idea. There are like 5 candidates tied at 10% of party support. But tbh, it doesn't matter: there could be the second coming of Dwight D. Eisenhower, but I don't think he would stop Hillary at this point. The Republican candidate will be there to make up the numbers. With Americans becoming ever more liberal, I can't see the antiquated Republican party getting a candidate voted into the Presidency for the foreseeable future unless it drastically changes its policies to better mirror the times we find ourselves in.

From my experiences, my generation (Millennials) and the majority of my parents' generation (Generation X) believe the Democrats are the modern party and the Republicans are the party of our grandparents/great-grandparents.

^
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:52 am

Will there be a USA in ten to twelve years time if social conservatism is truly finished? Some states will consider seceding from what I have read and if Texas goes first and it works out for them then it could be a testing time.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Will there be a USA in ten to twelve years time if social conservatism is truly finished? Some states will consider seceding from what I have read and if Texas goes first and it works out for them then it could be a testing time.

It seems that it might be more a case of a weak generation of politicians on both sides. How else can you explain a shithouse full of extreme republicans, and Jebb Bush, (lol), versus Hillary Clinton? Hillary is hated by the Right and I can't imagine a Democratic Party with plenty of strong candidates would choose her, because she could alienate floating voters.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Leody » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 pm

I hate the way this is shaping up... I'd rather have an ape in office than any of the current candidates from either party.

Hillary is such a backhanded snake of a person it's disgusting. She is the embodiment of everything I hate about politicians. "Oh, I didn't know it was illegal to conduct State business on my personal phone, and oops, I just deleted all my emails yesterday, sorry..."

2004 Hillary: Marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I

Yesterday Hillary: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/stat ... 8023290884 And she's changed her profile imagery to the rainbow stuff.

And now she'll say her opinion "evolved"

Don't misunderstand, I'm pro-equality, but she clearly just changes with the popular public opinion and thinks we're all fools. Probably better than any Republican though... sadly. Like picking between cancer and AIDS. And both parties are 70% the same. :BangHead:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maradonna » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Leody wrote:I hate the way this is shaping up... I'd rather have an ape in office than any of the current candidates from either party.

Hillary is such a backhanded snake of a person it's disgusting. She is the embodiment of everything I hate about politicians. "Oh, I didn't know it was illegal to conduct State business on my personal phone, and oops, I just deleted all my emails yesterday, sorry..."

that sound like any politician that i know.
democratic party slogan should be:
"just listen to the guys we are running against"

i know hillary is not an appealing candidate, but look at the bigger picture, its not about if she is a phony, its about the apparatus that is going to goverment, the president is 80% PR, the important thing is the numbers on the congress, and the machine and the ideas that he would bring to the table.
go democratic, save a third world country from oppression.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CukiZeGerman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Leody wrote:I hate the way this is shaping up... I'd rather have an ape in office than any of the current candidates from either party.

Yesterday Hillary: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/stat ... 8023290884 And she's changed her profile imagery to the rainbow stuff.

Don't misunderstand, I'm pro-equality, but she clearly just changes with the popular public opinion and thinks we're all fools. Probably better than any Republican though... sadly. Like picking between cancer and AIDS. And both parties are 70% the same. :BangHead:

Not to mention that Hildog has another big advantage - she is female.
Say anything against her and the feminazis turn the whole thing into something sexist.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:

i know hillary is not an appealing candidate, but look at the bigger picture, its not about if she is a phony, its about the apparatus that is going to goverment, the president is 80% PR, the important thing is the numbers on the congress, and the machine and the ideas that he would bring to the table.

Yeah I realize it's the game, not the player... but doesn't make it any easier to swallow. It's the large corporations and special interest groups that really run this country and the politicians are just puppets whose actions are paid for with "campaign donations."
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maradonna » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Leody wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:

Yeah I realize it's the game, not the player... but doesn't make it any easier to swallow. It's the large corporations and special interest groups that really run this country and the politicians are just puppets whose actions are paid for with "campaign donations."

that s true as well.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:16 pm

But imo, the Democrats are better suited to run things instead of the Republicans. They're the lesser of the two evils even though like has been said in here, the corporations are the ones who really run things. America isn't truly a democracy; it's evolved into more of a corporatocracy.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:42 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:

Not to mention that Hildog has another big advantage - she is female.
Say anything against her and the feminazis turn the whole thing into something sexist.

It worked with Obama's supporters playing the race card last time. Republicans better choose Carson then because race card beats gender card in US elections.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
It worked with Obama's supporters playing the race card last time. Republicans better choose Carson then because race card beats gender card in US elections.

Yes, Obama only won because he played the race card - it's not like he was a better candidate than McCain or Romney. :rolleyes:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Yes, Obama only won because he played the race card - it's not like he was a better candidate than McCain or Romney. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying he played it I am saying that his supporters did. Besides, looking at the statistics and you can see how it made its influence. After all, considering America how else could someone with the middle name Hussain beat a perceived war hero?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate