American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Yes, if anyone buys into the Dems trying to "improve voter access" is not being remotely objective. Voting is a right but also a responsibility. Freedom is just a generation away from disappearing to paraphrase Reagan. We are witnessing that very threat before our eyes. I care who wins based on policy , but the paramount issue has to be fairness because every fraudulent vote cancels out a legitimate one. That becomes a civil rights issue. The left banters on about civil rights while scheming to deny civil rights. FFS, the Dems are taking dives all over the pitch and their supporters cheer it on.

Just to be clear, you are saying this with a straight face, yes?

And based on omission, you are insinuating that the GOP—and by extension, the right—is for fighting for fairness, yes?

Given you found ground to object to my position on voter fraud by "omission" can I assume you found the actual content to be correct? From your response it sounds like your ox was gored so you resorted to projection to find a way to respond.

I oppose any threat to democracy as I thought I made clear. Currently that threat is voter fraud and that is undeniably a left wing problem. If I omitted the GOP in my post it was because it is not the GOP who is trying to make voter fraud far more easy. As in football we have to have to have boundaries and rules that ensure fairness. It is perhaps the biggest civil rights issue of the day. It is not a party issue, but in this day of media manufactured TDS and the threat Trump poses to the DC establishment, (both GOP and DEMs ie the political class and the corrupt status quo) watering down of election procedures that open the door to fraudulent elections. I am not OK with district gerrymandering by the GOP or DEMs, I am not OK with ballot harvesting. I am not OK with "early voting" as votes are cast a month or more before the elections and those votes cannot be recalled if one candidate is exposed or an event happens that would change that voters mind. I am not OK with district judges making insanely political rulings that would allow LATE votes to be counted. That is why we have an election day. I am not even OK with electronic voting, we need to use paper ballots in person or by established absentee ballots. Fair uncorrupted voting is the basis of any democratic system, as such it is very foundation of the nation and our liberty. It is a sacred responsibility and has to be protected at all cost.

So to make it clear as to what I have seen happen, the play book and it is not new, they have been on this for at least thirty years that I have been aware of by the Progressives and now by the mainstream Dem party which has become a Progressive party and all that entails. The Dems work towards loosening voting procedures while making the claim that the GOP is trying to suppress voting. It is a political ploy intended to play to the liberal leaning folks who tend to view the world through a more emotional lense than Conservatives who tend to be more objective in such matters. We have all seen, and you have even made mention that 'poor black people can't manage to get to a polling station'...talk about condescension and using a supposedly inept (according to the left) demographic. We heard the same argument made here in MT by Bullock about the reservations. Yet in truth reservation residents are perhaps the most mobile of of citizens most having addresses on the reservations yet especially the younger folks spend much of their time in Billings. Bullock was called out by the Crow leadership for trying to use them and making them sound like some remote Amazonian tribe that has little contact with civilization. Today we see the left using Covid as an excuse to f**k with elections. Jane Fonda confirmed what any objective person knows. You know it, but can you admit it?

Clearly this election will devolve into chaos given all these idiotic parameters, and sadly I suspect that is by design. If Trump wins the left will claim he is not legitimate yet again. If Biden wins we will not know it for a month and the left will claim Trump is not leaving peacefully, they have been setting that table for a year now. It will make Florida's hang chad BS look like children's book written by AOC. (Now you have to admit that was a good line given her one failed venture into business!)

So can you with a straight face say that when listening to the likes of Pelosi and her ilk that you nod in agreement and simply think they are on a mission from God? Do you not agree that any instance of voter fraud is a travesty that cancels out legitimate votes and thus is a civil rights issue?

Au contraire, I found the content bunk. You wrote a lot without offering evidence of massive commitments of fraud. If the left and the Dems engage in it as you claim, then let's see the proof. All you've done is put forth conjecture for something that should be easily proveable.

I'll repeat myself because you seem to have missed the numerous occasions I've said it before: I don't agree with fraud and think all instances should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But, I also don't see where fraud is this massive problem the right makes it out to be. I'd bet there's been fewer than (a very generous) 5,000 cases since the 2000 election. More than 1,000,000,000 votes have been cast since then. That's 0.000005% of all votes. If you think that's a massive problem, then I'd love to hear your views on the risk of being injured by a toilet (about a 0.0001% chance) :lol:

When did I say that about black people? I said black (and other ethnic minority or poor or urban) areas (in red states) have a more difficult time voting due to the closing of thousands of polling sites since the 2013 SCOTUS ruling compared to white and middle class or greater areas. If you don't think that's voter suppression, then that's a problem for someone who preaches fairness.

Why would I, an atheist, think anyone was on a mission from God? That'd be hella weird if I did think that.

I predict we'll know the election by 23:30 EST on Election Day. If Biden is leading by decent margins in Pennsylvania, Florida, or Ohio, then the race can be called, and we'll all get to go to bed early.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 am

Remember that time there was all that hullabaloo about the Flynn unmasking situation and PRISS was trying to convince us it was a huge scandal and I said it was a nothingburger Hail Mary from the right?

The Washington Post: ‘Unmasking’ probe commissioned by Barr concludes without charges or any public report

If the WaPo is paywalled or blocked: Fox News: 'Unmasking' investigation closes without report or charges: report

:lol:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 am

LMAO wrote:Remember that time there was all that hullabaloo about the Flynn unmasking situation and PRISS was trying to convince us it was a huge scandal and I said it was a nothingburger Hail Mary from the right?

The Washington Post: ‘Unmasking’ probe commissioned by Barr concludes without charges or any public report

If the WaPo is paywalled or blocked: Fox News: 'Unmasking' investigation closes without report or charges: report

It's a duplicate effort.
The unmasking and the motivations for doing so are part of the Durham investigation.
IF there was wrongdoing in the Russia Hoax then it's the Durham investigation that will report on it.

I would have thought that everyone - regardless of political persuasion - would be very concerned about the unmasking of individuals at scale whose conversations were collected as part of a spying operation.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:Remember that time there was all that hullabaloo about the Flynn unmasking situation and PRISS was trying to convince us it was a huge scandal and I said it was a nothingburger Hail Mary from the right?

It's a duplicate effort.
The unmasking and the motivations for doing so are part of the Durham investigation.
IF there was wrongdoing in the Russia Hoax then it's the Durham investigation that will report on it.

I would have thought that everyone - regardless of political persuasion - would be very concerned about the unmasking of individuals at scale whose conversations were collected as part of a spying operation.

If it was a duplicate effort, then why did Barr commission the unmasking probe a year after the Durham investigation started?

I don't see what the big problem with unmasking is. It's similar to the days of yore before we could sync our contacts; when you got a new phone and one of your friends texted you but you didn't know their number by heart and didn't have their number programmed, you'd reply, "New phone, who dis?" And then, you'd find out who it was because that was important information. Nothing sinister or underhanded about it. For Americans who get unmasked, it's the chance we take should we talk to foreigners or foreign agents on the radar of foreign intelligence.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 pm

LMAO wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It's a duplicate effort.

If it was a duplicate effort, then why did Barr commission the unmasking probe a year after the Durham investigation started?

I don't see what the big problem with unmasking is. It's similar to the days of yore before we could sync our contacts; when you got a new phone and one of your friends texted you but you didn't know their number by heart and didn't have their number programmed, you'd reply, "New phone, who dis?" And then, you'd find out who it was because that was important information. Nothing sinister or underhanded about it. For Americans who get unmasked, it's the chance we take should we talk to foreigners or foreign agents on the radar of foreign intelligence.

Wait what? Talking to foreigners means you have to accept you might be spied on??
Unmasking should never be a question in the first place - we shouldn't even have massive govt data centres collecting our phone call information - texts and calls, data usage.

As for Durham's investigation it has expanded since it started.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:18 am

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It's a duplicate effort.

Wait what? Talking to foreigners means you have to accept you might be spied on??
Unmasking should never be a question in the first place - we shouldn't even have massive govt data centres collecting our phone call information - texts and calls, data usage.

As for Durham's investigation it has expanded since it started.

I mean, you don't have to accept it, but it's going to happen regardless if an American talks to a foreigner who's on a foreign intelligence target list :dontknow:

I do agree that we should be more in control of our data (from both the government and private companies), but it's not that difficult to use encryption if privacy is a concern.

I doubt the Durham probe is going to produce anything earth-shattering. Probably a few slaps on the wrist for three-initialism agents for improper conduct but nothing major on the big fish.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Just waiting for LMAO and others to wade into the Biden emails and the subsequent media coverup.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yago » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:07 pm

I'm just laughing at republicans just now discovering the Hillary tactics don't work on Biden. Pathetic effort.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Yago wrote:I'm just laughing at republicans just now discovering the Hillary tactics don't work on Biden. Pathetic effort.

Could you please try to explain what you think you know? Please try.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Just waiting for LMAO and others to wade into the Biden emails and the subsequent media coverup.

This just confirms what I've said before that the media that matters is very Left bias.

People have tried to deny it but its obvious, it even makes sense considering the Democrats are strongest on the coasts (LA, NY) and the surrounding areas where these companies are based (Facebook, Google, Youtube) around Silicon valley, all the students that end up working for them etc are all Left leaning people.

Even Spotify employees are trying to censor Joe Rogans show, these communists just hate open dialogue, even if parts of that dialogue are inaccurate it is peoples constitunional right to say whatever they want.

If you were going to regulate speech to facts only .......... then what would you do with the fkin Church? or any religion?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown ... c29d696fc6
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 pm

The liberals here—your thoughts on Amy Coney Barrett?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Just waiting for LMAO and others to wade into the Biden emails and the subsequent media coverup.

What, you're not going to comment on how wrong you were about the unmasking? Just going to conveniently skip over that news?

Also, why would I care about Russian disinformation, especially Russian disinformation for someone who isn't on the ballot?

Does it hurt knowing your entire world is crashing down around you and we're witnessing the last gasps of an administration barreling toward the end?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Angelito wrote:The liberals here—your thoughts on Amy Coney Barrett?

You mean Justice Handmaid?

She'll be irrelevant in a year after Biden expands the SCOTUS.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:40 pm

LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:The liberals here—your thoughts on Amy Coney Barrett?

You mean Justice Handmaid?

She'll be irrelevant in a year after Biden expands the SCOTUS.

I hate everything about the way the US Supreme Court is picked but I honestly think Biden will and should even out the numbers

Having the president pick judges is not the way to hold power to account. IMO let Biden do what hes going to do, then you need constitutional change to find a new way of picking Justices

I would suggest Justices nominated by the other Justices as follows

1) An interim arrangement (which would last decades) which would see an equal number of the current justices picked by republican and democrat presidents, appoint a new justice. If the political numbers are uneven at the time, justices nominated by the over-represented party would draw lots to decide who sits out the process

2) Once the number of Justices selected as above reaches a pre agreed number, say seven or eight, then moving forward only they would appoint new Justices
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
VCC wrote:Welcome back PRISS
Btw what is pheasant like to eat, and why do I have visions of side by sides and Tweed hats

Very tasty and healthy. Not like watered down store bought chicken, enough of the wild to know it is wild.

We don't do the posh driven hunts, simply a good dog or two and nice stroll through the cover wearing orange. We flush them and hopefully hold the proper lead. Very blue collar, a very rural American tradition. It is both sport and a harvest. Pheasants on average live to two years or less before succumbing to various ends. Weather, predators, road kill etc. Given the sexes are easy to distinguish it is only legal ( more of a tradition than science based) to shoot cock birds. The dogs flush them all and most commonly you or hunting partner will call out "hen" when it is a hen or "rooster" when it is a cock. Then you hear either "good shot" or "f**k me how did I miss that one"!

As for weaponry, my choice is a forty year old Benelli over under in 12 gauge that was my first decent shotgun purchase and will go to a daughter when I kick the bucket.

Do you ever hunt those feral hogs?

We don't have them here in MT. More of a Southern thing.

A friend of mine has a place in Sussex and he has the wild boars causing trouble.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate