American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 am

He is just empty bluster like many Presidents. With Trump you knew he's do what he said. It's what caused North Korea to back down when they realised he wasn't messing about. Now he's gone, the rhetoric is back to what it was in the bad old days.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:28 pm

New York City Council votes to remove the statue of Thomas Jefferson from City Hall.

Founding Father and principle author of the Declaration of Independence.

America destroying its history piece by piece.

Next up - George Washington.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:New York City Council votes to remove the statue of Thomas Jefferson from City Hall.

Wow. wtf?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:New York City Council votes to remove the statue of Thomas Jefferson from City Hall.

Wow. wtf?

Abraham Lincoln was against black people having equal rights. He directly opposed motions to give black people the right to vote, serve on juries, hold political office or intermarry with whites. He also suggested the idea of black people being shipped off to some far flung American colony after the civil war ended. Policies in line with Nazi Germany's Jewish policies.

Tear down his statues!
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wow. wtf?

Abraham Lincoln was against black people having equal rights. He directly opposed motions to give black people the right to vote, serve on juries, hold political office or intermarry with whites. He also suggested the idea of black people being shipped off to some far flung American colony after the civil war ended. Policies in line with Nazi Germany's Jewish policies.

Tear down his statues!

So ridiculous these days with all the fake outrage and virtue signalling.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:46 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wow. wtf?

Tear down his statues!

So ridiculous these days with all the fake outrage and virtue signalling.

Judging people by today's standards. It's a complete joke.

Even the civil war Generals like Lee and Jackson were soldiers bravely fighting for their country. They are as much a part of American history as Grant and Sherman. It's ridiculous that their statues are being removed.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Let them do it.

Its their country and obviously the people in charge don't want their American history, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

We came out of the EU because the British people didn't want to be dictated to by Brussels, I suggest we afford America the came courtesy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:07 pm

They are the Chelsea of countries (they have no history! ;) ) but now they are trying to become the MK Dons of countries by disowning their past.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Let them do it.

Its their country and obviously the people in charge don't want their American history, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

We came out of the EU because the British people didn't want to be dictated to by Brussels, I suggest we afford America the came courtesy.

Is it America though - or just the liberal 'progressive' left?

They refuse to entertain the prospect of looking at these things objectively. They just associate Jefferson with owning slaves and remove his statue based on that. No debate. No discussion. No looking at everything else he did. Even the idea of opening a debate causes people to say they don't feel safe or are offended by taking the discussion any further. The correct thing to do of course when someone says something like that would be to laugh at them and tell them to leave the room if they're that sensitive. But people fall for this nonsense and entertain it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Let them do it.

They refuse to entertain the prospect of looking at these things objectively. They just associate Jefferson with owning slaves and remove his statue based on that. No debate. No discussion. No looking at everything else he did. Even the idea of opening a debate causes people to say they don't feel safe or are offended by taking the discussion any further. The correct thing to do of course when someone says something like that would be to laugh at them and tell them to leave the room if they're that sensitive. But people fall for this nonsense and entertain it.

The New York City council was voted in by the people of NY and represent their interests. If the people living in New York are unhappy with the statue being removed they can vote in different people come next election. I really don't see why anyone should care about this.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Jedi wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Let them do it.

The New York City council was voted in by the people of NY and represent their interests. If the people living in New York are unhappy with the statue being removed they can vote in different people come next election. I really don't see why anyone should care about this.

The point is not about the process of voting. You missed the point.

The point is why would ANYONE want to have the statue removed? What kind of retarded fuckwit would support such a thing, and how has New York become a place where so many retarded fuckwits are gathered in the same place in order to vote for such fuckwittery?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:11 pm

I don't know and I don't care. It's none of my business why the people in NY want a statue removed.

I'm tired of all these media manufactured culture wars in America that are completely f***ing worthless in the grand scheme of things. You're better off watching Love* Island than arguing about this stuff. It's manufactured bullshit by the media so they can get more clicks because outrage sells. Give it two days and they will go back to CRT or some trans athlete dunking on some woman or some other irrelevant shit. Nobody really cares about this.
Last edited by Jedi on Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Jedi wrote:I don't know and I don't care. It's none of my business why the people in NY want a statue removed.

I'm tired of all these media manufactured culture wars in America that are completely f***ing worthless in the grand scheme of things. You're better off watching Lonely Island than arguing about this stuff. It's manufactured bullshit by the media so they can get more clicks because outrage sells. Give it two days and they will go back to CRT or some trans athlete dunking on some woman or some other irrelevant shit. Nobody really cares about this.

This we can agree on.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:09 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Let them do it.

That's what people have to understand though, the "liberal progressive left" have been voted in, they're in charge, the Republicans certainly aren't and the Far Left get traction by doing things THEY KNOW will piss everyone off and it becomes the talking point of the week.

As Jedi mentioned I'm done with this small minded BS, its been going on for 5 years now and they're not going to stop ......... a statue in NYC does nothing for me, I wasn't even aware of it till you bought it up.

Burn it for all I care, its not paying my bills or making my life better whether its up or down, the more they make you keep the agenda on these fringe matters in the meanwhile people are losing the real battles not taking place in the headlines.

In the meanwhile energy prices are soaring and we're in an energy crisis right now all because countries are trying to switch to electric cars by 2030.
Then there's the UK Gov planning on seeing if they can sneak another lockdown on us when we were told "As soon as we have the vaccine everything can go back to normal".

Fk the statue.

In 100 years from now when people look back at this era of society and say "These idiots spent all day arguing over race and statues" ........... I'm going to make sure I'm not one of those people they're referring to.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Let them do it.

That's what people have to understand though, the "liberal progressive left" have been voted in, they're in charge, the Republicans certainly aren't and the Far Left get traction by doing things THEY KNOW will piss everyone off and it becomes the talking point of the week.

As Jedi mentioned I'm done with this small minded BS, its been going on for 5 years now and they're not going to stop ......... a statue in NYC does nothing for me, I wasn't even aware of it till you bought it up.

Burn it for all I care, its not paying my bills or making my life better whether its up or down, the more they make you keep the agenda on these fringe matters in the meanwhile people are losing the real battles not taking place in the headlines.

In the meanwhile energy prices are soaring and we're in an energy crisis right now all because countries are trying to switch to electric cars by 2030.
Then there's the UK Gov planning on seeing if they can sneak another lockdown on us when we were told "As soon as we have the vaccine everything can go back to normal".

Fk the statue.

In 100 years from now when people look back at this era of society and say "These idiots spent all day arguing over race and statues" ........... I'm going to make sure I'm not one of those people they're referring to.

Not just the quick switch to renewable energy that's causing the price hikes. What we also have is a gradual increase in the cost of extracting oil & gas. Every year that goes by increases the amount of energy needed to produce them. If it keeps increasing at this rate we will reach a point where it's not economically viable to extract oil & gas. If that happens before we have a complete replacement we are up shit creek.

We must invest in nuclear. The govt is reluctant to build nuclear power stations because of green pressure. In the meantime we're buying more and more electricity from France, where most of it is generated in nuclear power stations.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate