American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu May 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Face it the only way that California could go independent is if they did a UDI like Rhodesia did and hope that President Trump gets enough pressure on him not to use military force against fellow Americans
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yago » Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Greg Gianforte (R) just won the special election i Montana. He's also known as the guy who hit a journalist for asking a question that annoyed him, and he has some very interesting views:
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:24 am

Trump withdraws the US from the Paris Climate agreement.

He essentially just said "f**k the world".
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:53 am

Musk refuses to go down with Trump's sinking ship since Musk has his rockets. Even the Disney CEO is abandoning Trump's Council, but there comes a point where enough is enough.

At least states, cities, and companies are saying, "f**k you," to Trump:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/climate/american-cities-climate-standards.html?_r=0
:clap:

I don't understand the absolute lack of critical thinking from the Dunce-in-Chief. Even Exxon and Conoco support the Paris Accord ffs

Syria is in the middle of a civil war, and Nicaragua thinks the agreement isn't strict enough. Imagine a world where the U.S.—not North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or some bullshit like that—is the only country with a shitty ass reason to back out :BangHead:

At least a new President can reverse this decision in 2021 before the U.S. officially backs out *crosses fingers hoping 30% aren't dumb enough to vote for Trump again in 2020 but knows most will be le sigh*
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Brandon wrote:

Musk refuses to go down with Trump's sinking ship since Musk has his rockets. Even the Disney CEO is abandoning Trump's Council, but there comes a point where enough is enough.

At least states, cities, and companies are saying, "f**k you," to Trump:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/climate/american-cities-climate-standards.html?_r=0
:clap:

I don't understand the absolute lack of critical thinking from the Dunce-in-Chief. Even Exxon and Conoco support the Paris Accord ffs

Syria is in the middle of a civil war, and Nicaragua thinks the agreement isn't strict enough. Imagine a world where the U.S.—not North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or some bullshit like that—is the only country with a shitty ass reason to back out :BangHead:

At least a new President can reverse this decision in 2021 before the U.S. officially backs out *crosses fingers hoping 30% aren't dumb enough to vote for Trump again in 2020 but knows most will be le sigh*

sorry but his paris accord wasn't good for the U.S.

The Paris climate accord is simply the latest example of Washington entering an agreement that disadvantages the U.S., leaving American workers who I love and taxpayers to absorb the cost in terms of lost jobs and lower wages and vastly diminished economic production. Thus, as of today, the U.S. will cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris accord and the draconian and financial economic burdens the agreement imposes on our country.

This includes ending the implementation of the Nationally Determined Contribution and, very importantly, the Green Climate Fund, which is costing the U.S. a vast fortune.

Compliance with the terms of the Paris Accord and the onerous energy restrictions it has placed on the United States could cost America as much as 2.7 million lost jobs by 2025 according to the National Economic Research Associates. This includes 440,000 fewer manufacturing jobs -- not what we need -- believe me, this is not what we need -- including automobile jobs, and the further decimation of vital American industries on which countless communities rely. They rely for so much, and we would be giving them so little
-- Trump

this accord is better for other countries than for the U.S. period. it's a redistribution of wealth from the U.S. to those other countries. plus, trump backed out, yes, but said their are going to be negotiations to make it a deal that is fair to the U.S.

I don't see how this is a bad decision. oh sure, it surely sounds bad because the media wants to paint this as trump not caring about the worlds climate, etc. that's a bunch of hog wash.

as the wall street journal said
The reality is that withdrawing is in America's economic interest and won't matter much to the climate.

in addition to all this, the U.S. still has some of the most stringent emission laws in the world.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yago » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 pm

get f***ked with your retarded views
Yago

Postby 22-0 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 pm

it was a big globalist scam its good he pulled out.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yago » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:21 pm

I understand why UFGN got sick of this. Please ban this troll mods.
Yago

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Yago wrote:get f***ked with your retarded views

argument ad hominem.

but you can kindly go f**k yourself
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:43 pm

22-0 wrote:it was a big globalist scam its good he pulled out.

yep, fewer words to convey the main point. well said.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Again if people do not maintain civility this thread will be locked. If you do not like someone's views ignore or respond without insults or name calling unless you want to invite a warning.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:20 pm

my apologies, but I'm not going to have someone say my views are retarded when in actuality, they make complete sense.

millions of americans would lose their jobs, but other countries like india, and iran....would get paid by the USA to reduce their carbon emissions. also, America would have to reduce their carbon footprint by 20 percent, but china doesn't have to reduce theirs at all. so in reducing the carbon footprint, the US would be reducing their energy and in turn having to pay other countries to reduce their footprint.....how is that even fair and the loss of jobs along with revenue just doesn't make sense.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:22 pm

coach8smallball wrote:my apologies, but I'm not going to have someone say my views are retarded when in actuality, they make complete sense.

millions of americans would lose their jobs, but other countries like india, and iran....would get paid by the USA to reduce their carbon emissions. also, America would have to reduce their carbon footprint by 20 percent, but china doesn't have to reduce theirs at all. so in reducing the carbon footprint, the US would be reducing their energy and in turn having to pay other countries to reduce their footprint.....how is that even fair and the loss of jobs along with revenue just doesn't make sense.

No point talking politics on this forums its mostly blue pilled liberals that will just hate on you for having a different viewpoint.

22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm

22-0 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:my apologies, but I'm not going to have someone say my views are retarded when in actuality, they make complete sense.

No point talking politics on this forums its mostly blue pilled liberals that will just hate on you for having a different viewpoint.

sad to see, but oh well. and that pic is another topic that could discussed ad nauseam.....good ole killary
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yago » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Again if people do not maintain civility this thread will be locked. If you do not like someone's views ignore or respond without insults or name calling unless you want to invite a warning.

Alright, I guess I'll strop trying to educate gooners. Quitting this thread for good.

And saying climate change isn't real isn't a view, it's just a sign of being a moron.
Yago

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate