American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:38 pm

I will never understand the notion of having a self-destructive weapon. It defeats any rational purpose.

If A and R play candy crush over nukes, the world won't exist, so who will be alive to chant USA! USA! USA! USA!?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CukiZeGerman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:What I don't understand about the yanks is:

One moment they yell and scream that they don't want refugees because they are all terorists etc. (the usual crap).
The next moment they hear about a chemical weapons attack and see the pictures and ask why their goverment didn't help them.

Don't they know to add 2 and 2?

I think you're grossly simplifying, and fabricating what they are "saying".

It was a gross simplification and it was supposed to be one.
Though I didn't fabricate it - a look at the American news media and twitter to see what they were thinking was pretty much enough.
The people blaming Obama for not "doing enough about Syria". Were mostly the same people screaming no to refugees and are now loudest because Obama didn't do anything about this sarin attack. (Even thougj the guy isn't even in office for ~3 months)
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

One moment they yell and scream that they don't want refugees because they are all terorists etc. (the usual crap).
The next moment they hear about a chemical weapons attack and see the pictures and ask why their goverment didn't help them.

I think you're grossly simplifying, and fabricating what they are "saying".

It was a gross simplification and it was supposed to be one.
Though I didn't fabricate it - a look at the American news media and twitter to see what they were thinking was pretty much enough.
The people blaming Obama for not "doing enough about Syria". Were mostly the same people screaming no to refugees and are now loudest because Obama didn't do anything about this sarin attack. (Even thougj the guy isn't even in office for ~3 months)

Orly? Show me anything that says "they don't want refugees because they are all terorists etc.".
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Yago wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:This crap about "gassed his own people" really irks me, they did the same media slander with Saddam Hussien when he gassed rebel Kurds encouraged by the Americans to march on Baghdad.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with using gas for the reasons stated above, its indiscriminate and a vile weapon, it should be fully condemned if not full action taken against the user but lets not go with the "own people" excuse.

Assad was probably targeting ISIS (they are in Syria remember), he didn't just attack his own Syrians randomly, ISIS is living in Syria amongst the people.

The attacked village was way beyond the front lines, nowhere near isis territory.

Syrian rebels then, hard to tell the difference these days, so many groups spread out among Syria taking and conceding territory.

Either way, yes targeting even rebels with gas is sickening, ISIS no problem but you'll always hit civilians as well so even that is a step to far.

Assasd should be removed, I've not said that before but now I am.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:59 pm

...except I've said many times that we should take in refugees because we've played a major role in the current Middle East's situation.

Not all of us Americans are the same.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Angelito » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Brandon, off-topic but generalizations are because of mentalities like these:

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-06-25.html

It's about "soccer."

(5) You can't use your hands in soccer. (Thus eliminating the danger of having to catch a fly ball.) What sets man apart from the lesser beasts, besides a soul, is that we have opposable thumbs. Our hands can hold things. Here's a great idea: Let's create a game where you're not allowed to use them!

:rofll:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... up/373680/

Pretty revealing this.

America's growing coalition of soccer fans looks a lot like the coalition that got Obama elected.

:shocked:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CukiZeGerman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Brandon wrote:Not all of us Americans are the same.

I never said you were.
Most of you are like that - not all.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Angelito wrote:I will never understand the notion of having a self-destructive weapon. It defeats any rational purpose.

If A and R play candy crush over nukes, the world won't exist, so who will be alive to chant USA! USA! USA! USA!?

The Doomsday Machine

:P
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:41 am

It's the usual PC stuff .... it was OK for the US to nuke Japan and kill 100's of 1,000's but it's not OK for someone else to use a weapon that kills a few dozen ... where's the logic in that?

All weapons kill, that's what they're made to do ... some are more brutal than others but in the end you still wind up dead ....

The use of nuclear, chemical, or standard ordnance against civilian targets is a breach of the Geneva Convention, they are legally all as bad as each other ...

Of course the main reason that the West screams louder about chemical weapons is fear .... imagine when every 'bottle of water' could in fact be a chemical weapon capable of killing 1,000's .... that's the real and genuine fear ....

Don't blame Trump for taking action, but let's at least be honest about it .... a few dead civilians in a war that's killed 1,000's that wasn't the issue .... fear at the possible spread of chemical weapons that's the issue ....

A joint statement from USA - Russia - China - UN is what's needed ....
any Country that uses chemical weapons will without warning or notice have it's military infrastructure levelled

... you don't pussyfoot around with shit like this .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:29 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Angelito wrote:I will never understand the notion of having a self-destructive weapon. It defeats any rational purpose.

The Doomsday Machine

:P

:rofll: :hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Angelito wrote:Brandon, off-topic but generalizations are because of mentalities like these:

It's about "soccer."

(5) You can't use your hands in soccer. (Thus eliminating the danger of having to catch a fly ball.) What sets man apart from the lesser beasts, besides a soul, is that we have opposable thumbs. Our hands can hold things. Here's a great idea: Let's create a game where you're not allowed to use them!

Ann Coulter is definitely a character.

In soccer, the blame is dispersed...There are no heroes, no losers, no accountability, and no child's fragile self-esteem is bruised.

Holy cow, she just described modern-day Arsenal :rofll:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Brandon wrote:

In soccer, the blame is dispersed...There are no heroes, no losers, no accountability, and no child's fragile self-esteem is bruised.

Looool
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Brandon wrote:
Angelito wrote:Brandon, off-topic but generalizations are because of mentalities like these:

It's about "soccer."

Ann should probably log on to GW and have a quick read through mine and PGs posts after a shit performance, and then maybe reconsider the "no losers, no accountability" bit

Although watching Theo and co might actually cement her opinion, come to think of it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 am

It wasn't him who gave the order, but MOAB is officially in use. f**k ISIS; hopefully, they'll become WASWAS soon.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Andrew » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Brandon wrote:

It wasn't him who gave the order, but MOAB is officially in use. f**k ISIS; hopefully, they'll become WASWAS soon.

:rolleyes:

Didn't even know there was ISIS in Afghanistan.
Whatever happened to Al Qaeda ??
Did they "officially " go out of business ?
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate