American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 am

UFGN wrote:Just a general observation

Countries which over-use the word "democratic" tend to be anything but

(eg; Democratic Peoples Republic of etc etc)

USA uses the word "freedom" a hell of a lot

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 am

I know I've said I want us out of the Middle East, but I have no problem with launching an airstrike to send a message. Gassing your own people (well anyone tbh) is beyond disgusting and reprehensible.

Imagine somehow after Syria (and maybe NK in the near future), us, China, and Russia get on roughly the same page, completely altering the geopolitical landscape as a new axis of power is formed. What a time to be alive. :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: :dontknow:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pudpop » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:52 am

Never understood why people care more about chemical weapons than normal weapons
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:01 am

For the same reason nuclear weapons are taboo: they're indiscriminate and more likely than conventional weapons to have lingering effects on a population.

Note: I don't agree with opening fire on your own population, regardless of method, nor do I agree with war in general. Also, I'd rather be shot and bleed out than (slowly) poisoned.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:43 am

Glad Trump did this. He needs to bomb Syria and destroy Iran, for the middle East to have peace. Have no mercy on the dictators and the people who support them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:07 am

If Hillary had done this, Trump supporters would be saying "see, told you she's a warmonger"
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:54 am

This crap about "gassed his own people" really irks me, they did the same media slander with Saddam Hussien when he gassed rebel Kurds encouraged by the Americans to march on Baghdad.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with using gas for the reasons stated above, its indiscriminate and a vile weapon, it should be fully condemned if not full action taken against the user but lets not go with the "own people" excuse.

Assad was probably targeting ISIS (they are in Syria remember), he didn't just attack his own Syrians randomly, ISIS is living in Syria amongst the people.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:This crap about "gassed his own people" really irks me, they did the same media slander with Saddam Hussien when he gassed rebel Kurds encouraged by the Americans to march on Baghdad.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with using gas for the reasons stated above, its indiscriminate and a vile weapon, it should be fully condemned if not full action taken against the user but lets not go with the "own people" excuse.

Assad was probably targeting ISIS (they are in Syria remember), he didn't just attack his own Syrians randomly, ISIS is living in Syria amongst the people.

Why do you think it was ISIS? According to all news outlets (except Russian & Syrian state), the targets were Syrian rebels. The Russian's claim it was Syrian rebels whom carried out the attack, not ISIS.

I've seen the videos, anybody who wants to know why chemical attacks are any worse than conventional weapons should take a look themselves.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 am

UFGN wrote:If Hillary had done this, Trump supporters would be saying "see, told you she's a warmonger"

Funny......I see on social media a lot of Hilary supporters claiming this air strike is proof Trump wants to kill all muslims.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:28 am

What I don't understand is that most military grade weapons are made by some company or other.... Its not like the Army has it's own factory

So who is making these disgusting weapons?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Yago » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This crap about "gassed his own people" really irks me, they did the same media slander with Saddam Hussien when he gassed rebel Kurds encouraged by the Americans to march on Baghdad.

The attacked village was way beyond the front lines, nowhere near isis territory.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Zedie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 pm

UFGN wrote:What I don't understand is that most military grade weapons are made by some company or other.... Its not like the Army has it's own factory

Britain/America/Russia are the top 3 arms manufacturers in the world iirc. While they may not supply the actual bombs with the chemicals live and armed, they probably supply the standard missile and delivery system which can be modified to carry chemicals.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:47 pm

UFGN wrote:What I don't understand is that most military grade weapons are made by some company or other.... Its not like the Army has it's own factory

The chemicals will be made in Syria itself, Sarin gas is extremely easy to make. It doesn't need a high tech delivery system to blanket an area easily. It takes a tiny amount of inhalation of the chemical to be 100% lethal. Put it this way, Nazi Germany invented it, and feared to use it. That's how nasty it is.

Sadam Hussein's regime produced both the gas and delivery system used to kill Kurds in the 80's. A Japanese cult also produced the gas in sufficient quantity, with a cheap delivery system to attack the metro in Tokyo in the 90's.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CukiZeGerman » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:08 pm

What I don't understand about the yanks is:

One moment they yell and scream that they don't want refugees because they are all terorists etc. (the usual crap).
The next moment they hear about a chemical weapons attack and see the pictures and ask why their goverment didn't help them.

Don't they know to add 2 and 2?
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:30 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:What I don't understand about the yanks is:

One moment they yell and scream that they don't want refugees because they are all terorists etc. (the usual crap).
The next moment they hear about a chemical weapons attack and see the pictures and ask why their goverment didn't help them.

Don't they know to add 2 and 2?

I think you're grossly simplifying, and fabricating what they are "saying".
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate