American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:37 pm

I thought I'd start hating Biden once he got into office but I can't lie, he's been brilliant so far. A few wrinkles here and there (like cancelling the pipeline) but other than that he's on the road to be the GOAT US president.

Also this:

What a fantastic answer. I'm so glad he's not caving to the delusional progressives who want to make the working class pay off the college debt of the top 5% earners
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm

I'm sorry to go on but this is really important to me. The other portion is a lot of people don't know how to register. Not everybody in the community, in the hispanic and the African American community, particularly in rural areas that are distant and or inner city districts know how to use, know how to get online to determine how to get in line for that covid vaccination so I've, we're also committed to spend a billion dollars on public education to help people figure out how they can get in it.

Way to go Joe. Blacks and Hispanics don't know hoe to use the internet.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 pm

Jedi wrote:I thought I'd start hating Biden once he got into office but I can't lie, he's been brilliant so far. A few wrinkles here and there (like cancelling the pipeline) but other than that he's on the road to be the GOAT US president.

Also this:

What a fantastic answer. I'm so glad he's not caving to the delusional progressives who want to make the working class pay off the college debt of the top 5% earners

How short sighted of you.

Punish bright kids from broke families just so you can "get at rich kids" who won't feel the hot dog being thrown down the hallway.

Seriously you need to look at yourself, these short sighted answers of yours are highly concerning speaking to your lack of solution or lateral thinking or even empathy.

Your entire premise is wrong.

How about ............ cancel student debt for all kids who come from familes who earn less than $80k per annum? hell I'd even be satisfied with familes who earn less than $60k combined.

Two birds, one stone.

Rich kids or Middle class families still pay while the poorest families don't.

That is a real answer / tool to combat inherited poverty, what your suggesting leaves them with nothing while rich kids still have all the inherited advantages.

Such a light bulb moment, took me 10 secs to work that out. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Tbf to Biden after watching the video he referred to something similar, but he now has to go and enact it ........... talk is cheap.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:I thought I'd start hating Biden once he got into office but I can't lie, he's been brilliant so far. A few wrinkles here and there (like cancelling the pipeline) but other than that he's on the road to be the GOAT US president.

Also this:

EDIT: Tbf to Biden after watching the video he referred to something similar, but he now has to go and enact it ........... talk is cheap.

So you're just waffling and you actually agree It's a good answer then. Glad we agree! :Peace:
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:29 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Biden has been in office three weeks and covid still exists?

Unacceptable.

It's only taken 3 weeks for the entire world to know Biden is an unmitigated disaster.
He's a bumbling old codger - he's actually likely to have no power anyway, so it's not really his fault. He's just there to fall asleep in his chair during the day watching repeats for Bonanza.

Ok but I was addressing the people who are criticizing him because he's been in office less than a month and hasn't extinguished a virus that has been rampant for a year.

It's like people thought he could snap his fingers like Thanos and covid would disappear.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Unacceptable.

It's only taken 3 weeks for the entire world to know Biden is an unmitigated disaster.
He's a bumbling old codger - he's actually likely to have no power anyway, so it's not really his fault. He's just there to fall asleep in his chair during the day watching repeats for Bonanza.

Ok but I was addressing the people who are criticizing him because he's been in office less than a month and hasn't extinguished a virus that has been rampant for a year.

It's like people thought he could snap his fingers like Thanos and covid would disappear.

.............. its the Dem supporters who created this false narrative against Trump though.

Dems made the stick, now everyones getting beaten with it.

Tbf i'm actually dissapointed, things have gotten quiet against Biden this week, he should be getting an impeachment every week and being hung up for not curing Cancer and solving the hole in the Ozone layer.

So many problems and not one solution yet from this guy, why is he doing nothing?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:.............. its the Dem supporters who created this false narrative against Trump though.

That's becase Trump was in charge when the pandemic hit and his handling of it was a shit show.

He even knew about the severittof the virus but chose not to let the public know. Disgraveful.

This is tantamount to a new manager taking over from someone who ran a club into the ground and giving the new manager stick because he hasn't turned the club around after a month in charge.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Unacceptable.

They all know It's bullshit. The only reason that was posted was precisely to provoke this reply so that they can go "OH BUT YOU BLAMED TRUMP" ignoring that he had a full year and 3 waves of Covid and couldn't even say that people should wear masks.

It's not worth engaging in a good-faith discussion with these people. The only solution is to act like a WUM or completely ignore them. They're deeply delusional individuals who are far too disengaged from the real world.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:50 pm

Jedi wrote:

Unacceptable.

They all know It's bullshit. The only reason that was posted was precisely to provoke this reply so that they can go "OH BUT YOU BLAMED TRUMP" ignoring that he had a full year and 3 waves of Covid and couldn't even say that people should wear masks.

Even worse: he made it a point not to wear masks.

It became a political statement.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:17 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.............. its the Dem supporters who created this false narrative against Trump though.

That's becase Trump was in charge when the pandemic hit and his handling of it was a shit show.

He even knew about the severittof the virus but chose not to let the public know. Disgraveful.

This is tantamount to a new manager taking over from someone who ran a club into the ground and giving the new manager stick because he hasn't turned the club around after a month in charge.

Vaccine produced in record time - his critics said it wasn't possible.
It's the vaccine that will get us through this and for that we have various leaders to thank - Trump being one of them.
Biden should be focused on ensuring that vaccine is rolled out at speed instead of blabbing on about masks.
Ordinarily, I would say the President can walk and chew gum at the same time, but this is Biden we are talking about.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:20 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Unacceptable.

What is wrong with not wearing a mask?
I see many people out and about without masks.
Don't give it a second thought - if I was concerned I would stay indoors or go out with two masks on.
If you are really really concerned you can always buy yourself a hazmat suit.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:23 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Unacceptable.

.............. its the Dem supporters who created this false narrative against Trump though.

Dems made the stick, now everyones getting beaten with it.

Tbf i'm actually dissapointed, things have gotten quiet against Biden this week, he should be getting an impeachment every week and being hung up for not curing Cancer and solving the hole in the Ozone layer.

So many problems and not one solution yet from this guy, why is he doing nothing?

He's probably being medicated to stop him drooling or falling asleep when they wheel him out for TV appearances - or to sign off on anything China wants.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:04 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Unacceptable.

It increases the chances of the virus being spread?

If you're going to be out in public why would you maximize the chances of contamination?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:32 am

Also this:

:rofll: :rofll:
You can't help yourself.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:34 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Unacceptable.

It increases the chances of the virus being spread?

If you're going to be out in public why would you maximize the chances of contamination?

If YOU are going to be out in public, why not just protect yourself and not be so concerned with what others are doing?

I have no problem at all with someone not wearing a mask.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate