American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:26 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ok so you don't like Trump you just reveled in his tenure as President and the fact he was "trolling"?

Sorry that's even more retarded lmao

Also why don't you like Trump?

June 2018
DiamondGooner wrote:I don't like Trump as much as the next person but I smh at this petty bashing that goes on whenever he does something, its been 24rs since the summit ffs, these things take years to get done.

Why don't I like Trump?

Where should I start? it would be easier asking "What do you like about Trump"?

Aside from the way he put it on the media and Dem supporters who wouldn't accept democracy and are so childish to think you can actually cancel a sitting President.

Urhhm, not much tbf, I had some sympathy with American voters being so p*ssed off with the Republicans and Democrats that they wanted to vote in an outsider because I could relate to the way the Tories and Labour never listened to us either back then.

Urrrhm, he did stick up for UK / US trade deal ........ however, his view and bully tactics on it, I'd of rather we walked away from the whole thing, that r***rd doesn't know how to do business, he just knows how to try and bully and break the other party, for example trying to get us to sell off our medical structure to American firms ......... so no, that actually made me not like him more.

Yeah I don't really know where else to go with that, I suppose the only thing actually liked or more so enjoyed is that he took on the establishment and all the biases, all the "You can't say that" all the politically correct bs today's society and media thinks is acceptable to force on the public.

He definitely went too far with it though and was out right rambling most times, so yeah, he's mostly a bully, NY prick suit slime ball .......... but the establishment had simply stopped listening and got to arrogant, they needed a black eye.

It is what it is.

So if you think by that, that means I like Trump then so be it, weird definition of like, but whatever your comfortable with.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:28 am

"Why I don't like Trump?"

>Proceeds to write a wall of text mostly complimenting Trump.

I fear for you DG, I really do...
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:37 am

Jedi wrote:"Why I don't like Trump?"

>Proceeds to write a wall of text mostly complimenting Trump.

I fear for you DG, I really do...

What you should fear for is your eyesight.

Because I wrote "What I like about Trump" instead.

Specsavers is here for you my friend.

Tbf its actually an easier dialogue with you lot just to say that I like Trump ......... oh wait, so that's how he won the election in 2016!! Left wing intolerance again working at its finest.

It really does explain everything.

"You don't agree with me so you're a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic ..........blah blah"

Other person.

"Ok fk it I'll just go and vote for the other guy, Trump"

Certainly didn't read the "How to win friends and influence people" book did you guys?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Yes, that's the problem. For a centrist, you really like his fascistic tendencies and you can't really name too many things you dislike about him, despite the fact that he's almost objectively one of the worst presidents in the history of the US in every measurable way.

If I asked you to do the same for Joe Biden or, god forbid, Hillary Clinton, you would write novels...
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
The break down in democracy seems to have risen with the Gen Z types who basically refuse and throw a temper tantrum at any outcome they don't like and the older generations are apeing this behaviour.

Yawn.

It's either the left or young people with you.

What about all the people in 2008 hanging effigies of Obama and screaming "that nigger ain't my president"? Or what about them vandalizing property of Obama supporters? Guess that doesn't count since you can't blame the left or the younger generations.

Yawn.

You just can't accept responsibility, which is why I don't want to hear it, its always "But what about .........." with you people.

Funny thing is it doesn't change the facts, "But what about ........." isn't a defense.

You've not proven me wrong have you.

The fact that you even compared Obama's relatively hassle free term to the crap we've seen since Trump is astonishing, yes shock horror the small minority of racists don't want a black president, sure .......... what were you expecting, the red carpet from racists?

But were there riots? protests en mass? killings? .......... no, pretty much nothing bar a bit of moaning from racist folk which was ignored.

Why would I accept responsibility? I wasn't out there engaging in violence. I wasn't out there saying "not my president".

Yes shock horror that a large amount of people don't want a fascist president, sure .......... what were you expecting, the red carpet from people against fascism?

And yes, there was violence with Obama's election. The Tea Party movement was one of the biggest protests we've had this century. But as per usual, you look the other way when you can't bash the left or the younger generations.

No I don't.

I've never approved of the way racists reacted to Obama, I just pointed out it was nothing like the scenes we've seen with Trump.

Also if Trump was a "real" facist, while he was in power, what did he do that was actually facist?

.............. also you've swerved and drive miles away from the original point, my point was this has erupted as Gen Z types who think they can just cancel something if they don't like it, propped up by Democrat rhetoric talking about impeachment every week, never accepted the result of the democratic election.

"Not my president" and impeachment attempts every other week ............. and he says "We accepted it".

Sure you did.

Because you said, "The break down in democracy seems to have risen with the Gen Z types," like some on the right and the right-wing media weren't doing the same exact thing to Obama. It hasn't risen from the "Gen Z types"; it manifested in a different way.

Also loooool at you acting as if this took off with Gen Z. "my point was this has erupted as Gen Z types who think they can just cancel something if they don't like it" like the right didn't engage in cancel culture for decades before Gen Z came around politically. Jim Crow laws. McCarthyism. Voter suppression. Birtherism. Smearing Hillary for decades. Nah, the right doth protest too much, methinks.

Oh, are we playing the No True Scotsman game? Fascism only matters if you're able to turn a movement into a realized regime? Uh let's see, opposition to liberal democracy? Constantly screaming fake news? Cult of personality? Demagoguery/radical populism? Purges and attempted purges? Ultranationalism? An enemy who is both strong and weak? Anti-intellectualism? You could argue the economy question as a point against it, but not every scholar considers the economy to be a necessary tenet of fascism.

Where did I say "we accepted it"? I said I didn't engage in it. You were the one flinging around "the entire Dem base" as if everyone went along with it.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:56 am

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yes, that's the problem. For a centrist, you really like his fascistic tendencies and you can't really name too many things you dislike about him, despite the fact that he's almost objectively one of the worst presidents in the history of the US in every measurable way.

If I asked you to do the same for Joe Biden or, god forbid, Hillary Clinton, you would write novels...

Is that what it is?

Again ............ Specsavers.

This is great stuff though, because its reminding me of why half of America voted for Trump, they don't want people of your ilk in power.

Instead of having dialogue with the likes of you who can neither comprehend or understand a discussion, its easier to just embrace the other side and just go with it.

Your "denounce the soul of Trump or be labelled a Trump lover" routine, in the end yeah, I can see exactly why half of America says "Ok fk you, Team Donald Trump it is then".

I mean just talking to you even edges me that way, imagine having such poor, crippled social skills, that you drive people into the arms of your enemies just because they can't stand talking to you?

Such a skill, a back firing one but a skill none the less.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:04 am

LMAO wrote:Also loooool at you acting as if this took off with Gen Z. "my point was this has erupted as Gen Z types who think they can just cancel something if they don't like it" like the right didn't engage in cancel culture for decades before Gen Z came around politically. Jim Crow laws. McCarthyism. Voter suppression. Birtherism. Smearing Hillary for decades. Nah, the right doth protest too much, methinks.

Oh my appologies, I thought we were discussing current events, silly me.

Shall we go back to 1688 AD and discuss the consequences of the "Glorious Revolution" while we're at it?

I mean, how far back are we going ........ just so I know and can be prepared?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Is that what it is?

Again ............ Specsavers.

This is great stuff though, because its reminding me of why half of America voted for Trump, they don't want people of your ilk in power.

Instead of having dialogue with the likes of you who can neither comprehend or understand a discussion, its easier to just embrace the other side and just go with it.

Your "denounce the soul of Trump or be labelled a Trump lover" routine, in the end yeah, I can see exactly why half of America says "Ok fk you, Team Donald Trump it is then".

I mean just talking to you even edges me that way, imagine having such poor, crippled social skills, that you drive people into the arms of your enemies just because they can't stand talking to you?

Such a skill, a back firing one but a skill none the less.

1) Half of Americans didn't vote for Trump. That's just not true.

2) As for who they want in power, Democrats won complete control of every branch of the government so I don't know what you're smoking. How many elections do Democrats need to win for you to drop this moronic narrative?

3) Yes, every healthy well functioning human being should be able to denounce a fascism. We've come to the point where if you think Trump is redeemable you are a cultist. Is that extreme? Yes, but any room for pragmatism was lost the moment those people stormed the Capitol. I do not tolerate fascists or their sympathizers.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Also loooool at you acting as if this took off with Gen Z. "my point was this has erupted as Gen Z types who think they can just cancel something if they don't like it" like the right didn't engage in cancel culture for decades before Gen Z came around politically. Jim Crow laws. McCarthyism. Voter suppression. Birtherism. Smearing Hillary for decades. Nah, the right doth protest too much, methinks.

Shall we go back to 1688 AD and discuss the consequences of the "Glorious Revolution" while we're at it?

OOOOOOHHHHH current events :doh: You should've said so. Okay, if we're going for current cancel culture, the right just tried to nullify a fair and free democratic election to prevent their cult leader from losing power.

It's a little hard to get more current than this past Wednesday. Unless something has happened between then and now that I'm unaware of? Otherwise, last Wednesday seems like the currentest of events.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:02 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

OOOOOOHHHHH current events :doh: You should've said so. Okay, if we're going for current cancel culture, the right just tried to nullify a fair and free democratic election to prevent their cult leader from losing power.

It's a little hard to get more current than this past Wednesday. Unless something has happened between then and now that I'm unaware of? Otherwise, last Wednesday seems like the most relevant current event.

True .............

But it was good enough to riot and protest for Democrats, BLM and Antifia ALL OF 2020.

So what's your point, because this brings us back nicely to the original point, you've still not proven my statement wrong, all you've done is tried to pass the buck.

I never denied the Capitol Hill stuff so what have you gained ........ nothing.

American politics went tits up after 2016, who's fault was that?

"Not my President" .......Weekly impeachement attempts for 4 years, TV hosts insulting the President weekly, whether deserved or not, I've never seen such contempt shown by the media for a sitting President, Democrats doing nothing but scratching around for evidence of foul play.

But you accepted that election result, right? gottcha ........... then he moans about Capitol Hill. :doh:

You made your bed of insurrection, now lie in it and get comfy, you may have 4 years of this if the MAGA lot have learned properly from the Democrats and BLM.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:08 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It's a little hard to get more current than this past Wednesday. Unless something has happened between then and now that I'm unaware of? Otherwise, last Wednesday seems like the most relevant current event.

True .............

But it was good enough to riot and protest for Democrats, BLM and Antifia ALL OF 2020.

So what's your point, because this brings us back nicely to the original point, you've still not proven my statement wrong, all you've done is tried to pass the buck.

I never denied the Capitol Hill stuff so what have you gained ........ nothing.

American politics went tits up after 2016, who's fault was that?

"Not my President" .......Weekly impeachement attempts for 4 years, TV hosts insulting the President weekly, whether deserved or not, I've never seen such contempt shown by the media for a sitting President, Democrats doing nothing but scratching around for evidence of foul play.

But you accepted that election result, right? gottcha ........... then he moans about Capitol Hill. :doh:

And my response to that was it was a thing long before 2016, but you want to play dumb because you love to blame the left.

I never accepted that election result? viewtopic.php?p=1463713#p1463713 Sit down.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:22 am

LMAO wrote:
And my response to that was it was a thing long before 2016, but you want to play dumb because you love to blame the left.

I never accepted that election result? viewtopic.php?p=1463713#p1463713 Sit down.

What was a thing?

I don't remember non-stop rioting, people beating up Republicans in the street, TV shows and media insulting Obama every week, or the Republicans trying to impeach Obama.

So what exactly are you referring to? and spare me the Neo-Nazis being upset about a black President, duh, but they are a handful of people, not half the country running riot etc.

........... also you may have accepted the result but as is easily proven, the party and base your arguing on behalf of certainly didn't.

PS - I only "love to blame the left" because the Left for the last 5+ years have engaged in refusing to accept responsibility for their own failings.

The "What about ............" game is all I've seen for years now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:So what exactly are you referring to? and spare me the Neo-Nazis being upset about a black President, duh, but they are a handful of people, not half the country running riot etc.

What about the birther conspiracy? Was that racist? Because Trump started that...
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:

What was a thing?

I don't remember non-stop rioting, people beating up Republicans in the street, TV shows and media insulting Obama every week, or the Republicans trying to impeach Obama.

So what exactly are you referring to? and spare me the Neo-Nazis being upset about a black President, duh, but they are a handful of people, not half the country running riot etc.

........... also you may have accepted the result but as is easily proven, the party and base your arguing on behalf of certainly didn't.

PS - I only "love to blame the left" because the Left for the last 5+ years have engaged in refusing to accept responsibility for their own failings.

The "What about ............" game is all I've seen for years now.

"The break down in democracy seems to have risen with the Gen Z types"

"my point was this has erupted as Gen Z types who think they can just cancel something if they don't like it"

I answered both.

Also lol @ "TV shows and media insulting Obama every week" like Fox News didn't make a mountain out of a molehill about Obama's choice of burger condiment, his suit color, saluting a general with a coffee in his hand, playing golf (which lmao at how they excused it away for Trump), his middle name, that 'terrorist' fist jab (aka dapping Michelle up), FEMA camps, Obamacare death panels, his childhood, birtherism the pirate in the Oval Office, etc. And don't get me started on conservative talk radio like Rush Limbaugh, Dave Ramsey, Mark Levin, Michael Savage, etc. Or televangelists like Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland, Billy Graham, Jim Bakker, John Hagee, Robert Jeffress, etc. So many nonsense sCaNdALs and overreactions to every little thing Obama did.

The GOP tried to introduce articles of impeachment against Obama multiple times. People beat up Obama supporters/minorities and vandalized their property (as I've already said) and burned black churches. Also, I hope you don't just think it was left-wingers who rioted during 2020; there's plenty of evidence of right-wing groups participating, and in many cases, starting and/or escalating the violence.

You don't remember it because it wasn't spoon-fed to you on your social media or YouTube or wherever you get your news from.
Last edited by LMAO on Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 am

Jedi wrote:What about the birther conspiracy? Was that racist? Because Trump started that...

Conspiracy theories about Obama's religion appeared at least as early as his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign - yup that was Trump.

Nothing like blaming Trump for everything - even when it's so obviously bullshit

Trump is a disgusting narcissist who should never have been elected - but to pretend he's the devil and the left are all angels - just dumb.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate