American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:30 pm

UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Dennis Rodman of all people talked to Kim Jong before any politician from the US ever did. So congrats Trump, you did something that Rodman did a year or so before you.

He wasn't in power then so what could he do :dontknow:

I don't think Rodman was either

Rodman didn't go on a political trip, he went to help the N Korean's basketball team. so no, Rodman "spoke" to Kim Jong but didn't do so in any political capacity, so Trump is still the first politician/president to do so.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zedie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Dennis Rodman of all people talked to Kim Jong before any politician from the US ever did. So congrats Trump, you did something that Rodman did a year or so before you.

Rodman didn't go on a political trip, he went to help the N Korean's basketball team. so no, Rodman "spoke" to Kim Jong but didn't do so in any political capacity, so Trump is still the first politician/president to do so.

And what did he speak about? Denuclearisation.

And what's happened since then? The Pentagon have confirmed an increase in nuclear production in N Korea, while trumps visit has given air to a dictator all for a media op.

What do you actually believe he has achieved by going to NK? Do you even know what specific demands trump put to them?

You dont, because they literally didn't talk about any tangible measurable outcomes or actions ffs.

Trump is a f***ing clown of the highest order.

Apparently the EU is America's no.1 foe.

Russia haven't done anything to warrant a bad word from trump.

He's literally caging children and separating families including some American citizens.

He's not said shit about the 12 Russian operatives who have been conclusively found to have meddled in the election.

You speak up for a puppet whose only goal is to enrich himself while selling a generations long bond down the river to please his master.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

And what's happened since then? The Pentagon have confirmed an increase in nuclear production in N Korea, while trumps visit has given air to a dictator all for a media op.

What do you actually believe he has achieved by going to NK? Do you even know what specific demands trump put to them?

You dont, because they literally didn't talk about any tangible measurable outcomes or actions ffs.

He's literally caging children and separating families including some American citizens.

He's not said shit about the 12 Russian operatives who have been conclusively found to have meddled in the election.

You speak up for a puppet whose only goal is to enrich himself while selling a generations long bond down the river to please his master.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:18 pm

The ever increasing protectionist policies of Trump could well lead to the USA leaving NATO.

I think he’ll get in for another term too. There’s nobody appearing on the Democrat side to challenge him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Phil71 wrote:The ever increasing protectionist policies of Trump could well lead to the USA leaving NATO.

I think he’ll get in for another term too. There’s nobody appearing on the Democrat side to challenge him.

I can see Bernie winning in 2020. Or anyone who could press him on not "draining the swamp" but instead letting it fester even further with his cabinet appointments. Also the Russia stuff looks pretty bad.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The ever increasing protectionist policies of Trump could well lead to the USA leaving NATO.

I can see Bernie winning in 2020. Or anyone who could press him on not "draining the swamp" but instead letting it fester even further with his cabinet appointments. Also the Russia stuff looks pretty bad.

Bernie Sanders would be 79 by the time he was sworn in.

It’s just far too old.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Joe Biden would have been a much better challenger for Trump than Hillary Clinton. He pulled out of the nominations because his son had died. But he too would be 78 come 2020.

I think they should start priming someone like Andrew Cuomo.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:Joe Biden would have been a much better challenger for Trump than Hillary Clinton. He pulled out of the nominations because his son had died. But he too would be 78 come 2020.

I think the election will be decided in the democratic primaries. If the party pushes another corporate democrat that nobody wants i can see Trump winning it again. On the other hand, if someone like Bernie or another social democrat goes to the general election they win, but i doubt that will happen.

Hillary 2020 genuinely wouldn't surprise me. I can see the democrats pushing a narrative how she got cheated out of the presidency by the Russian hacking and how she's coming for what's rightfully her's because SHE is a WOMAN, with a VAGINA.

Too early to tell, hope for the best.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Joe Biden would have been a much better challenger for Trump than Hillary Clinton. He pulled out of the nominations because his son had died. But he too would be 78 come 2020.

I think the election will be decided in the democratic primaries. If the party pushes another corporate democrat that nobody wants i can see Trump winning it again. On the other hand, if someone like Bernie or another social democrat goes to the general election they win, but i doubt that will happen.

Hillary 2020 genuinely wouldn't surprise me. I can see the democrats pushing a narrative how she got cheated out of the presidency by the Russian hacking and how she's coming for what's rightfully her's because SHE is a WOMAN, with a VAGINA.

Hillary scores zero in the likeability stakes.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yago » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

you're talking bollocks
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Cuomo looks like a decent shout to me. A New Yorker, a successful Governor, the right age.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Yago wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

you're talking bollocks

care to elaborate?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:14 am

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
UFGN wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Yawn. Take off your rose tinted glasses. Trump is an ass, but in no way is he as bad as the super biased media makes out. He is unorthodox, he is brash, he has foot in mouth disease, but I like him - for the most part.

And the more his every word is overly scrutinised and the more he is forced to adhere to scrutiny that other presidents have not had to, the more he will continue to do what he does. The more I will laugh at every butthurt placard waving protestor who is bent out of place.

Putin is a don! Trump recognises that, no need to have Russia as an enemy when you don't need to! Conclusive proof of what??? We followed the fuckwit war mongering pricks in America into a War on Terror, to find weapins of mass destruction those arseholes in the Pentagon or wherever they are said existed. Bush stood on numerous stages and declared they were there and he had seen the proof!

Tony Blair lied to the British public and said the same thing. So do me a favour bloke!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 am

And you are running off your mouth about Russia meddling in the US elections, well stop meddling in other country's politics if you don't like it. Countless countries have had America meddle in their shit. Live by the sword you die by the sword.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate