American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm

Surely there is a difference though? Biden said Trump had no plan with covid and he has one. Why hasn't he told anyone his plan yet? When will it be in place?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
If YOU are going to be out in public, why not just protect yourself and not be so concerned with what others are doing?

I have no problem at all with someone not wearing a mask.

I'm not worried about myself, I'm young and healthy.

But I still wear a mask because I'm considerate.

Some people only think about themselves I guess.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Biden has been in office three weeks and covid still exists?

Unacceptable.

They all know It's bullshit. The only reason that was posted was precisely to provoke this reply so that they can go "OH BUT YOU BLAMED TRUMP" ignoring that he had a full year and 3 waves of Covid and couldn't even say that people should wear masks.

Even worse: he made it a point not to wear masks.

It became a political statement.

What is wrong with not wearing a mask?
I see many people out and about without masks.
Don't give it a second thought - if I was concerned I would stay indoors or go out with two masks on.
If you are really really concerned you can always buy yourself a hazmat suit.

It's common sense. In many parts of the world, people have been habituated to wearing masks due to pollution. In major restaurants in countries like South Korea and Japan, chefs and kitchen workers mostly put on masks and wear gloves so as to not contaminate the dish they're preparing.

Problem with America was politicking the usage of masks like it were some attack on freedom and liberty. It's really not.

Wearing a mask in public places is just being decent and caring for others. People wear masks when they have common cold in some parts of the world as to reduce chances of transmission.

Republicans largely turned it into some jingoistic issue. And, it didn't help that Dr Fauci spread false propaganda at the onset, no matter what his motivation was.

Trump failed big time in his Covid response. He didn't have to do much. He could have still galvanized his base by turning this virus as an attack on America, whereby Americans "beat the enemy," again by wearing masks and ensuring that fellow Americans are safe.

He made it a molehill of a problem. Seeing how close the election was, he'd have won it comfortably if he just pretended to be rational and empathetic. You have to remember that Biden largely won because he was against Trump as opposed to his own credentials and charisma as a leader. Might not have worked against politicians like Obama and Bill Clinton, who were supremely charismatic and eloquent. But Biden? He won on the strength of being a Dem who was running against Trump.

Trump and the Republicans gave ammo to the Dems by being stupid on the face of a pandemic.

It's a trifle issue. It was and is.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:13 pm

Angelito wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Biden has been in office three weeks and covid still exists?

Unacceptable.

They all know It's bullshit. The only reason that was posted was precisely to provoke this reply so that they can go "OH BUT YOU BLAMED TRUMP" ignoring that he had a full year and 3 waves of Covid and couldn't even say that people should wear masks.

Even worse: he made it a point not to wear masks.

It became a political statement.

What is wrong with not wearing a mask?
I see many people out and about without masks.
Don't give it a second thought - if I was concerned I would stay indoors or go out with two masks on.
If you are really really concerned you can always buy yourself a hazmat suit.

It's common sense. In many parts of the world, people have been habituated to wearing masks due to pollution. In major restaurants in countries like South Korea and Japan, chefs and kitchen workers mostly put on masks and wear gloves so as to not contaminate the dish they're preparing.

Problem with America was politicking the usage of masks like it were some attack on freedom and liberty. It's really not.

Wearing a mask in public places is just being decent and caring for others. People wear masks when they have common cold in some parts of the world as to reduce chances of transmission.

Republicans largely turned it into some jingoistic issue. And, it didn't help that Dr Fauci spread false propaganda at the onset, no matter what his motivation was.

Trump failed big time in his Covid response. He didn't have to do much. He could have still galvanized his base by turning this virus as an attack on America, whereby Americans "beat the enemy," again by wearing masks and ensuring that fellow Americans are safe.

He made it a molehill of a problem. Seeing how close the election was, he'd have won it comfortably if he just pretended to be rational and empathetic. You have to remember that Biden largely won because he was against Trump as opposed to his own credentials and charisma as a leader. Might not have worked against politicians like Obama and Bill Clinton, who were supremely charismatic and eloquent. But Biden? He won on the strength of being a Dem who was running against Trump.

Trump and the Republicans gave ammo to the Dems by being stupid on the face of a pandemic.

It's a trifle issue. It was and is.

I didn't ask what was wrong with wearing a mask.
I asked what was wrong with NOT wearing a mask.

In my mind both decisions an individual chooses to make are completely fine.

If I am concerned - or any other individual is concerned - about going out or mixing with others then there are varying levels of precautions I, or anyone else, can take. It requires no effort of anyone else and no demands of anyone else.

There is never any need to worry about what precautions others are taking - every tool a person needs is available in order to fully manage their own risk. Wear a mask if you want, don't if you don't want to. If you are so risk adverse that you fret about going out, don't go out, or get one of these.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:08 pm

Masks don't even work anyway. One of the reasons I won't wear one (aside of the fact I'm exempt anyway)

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1249930072838098947
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:54 pm

@Jayram

How is every tool available? You think it is economically viable for every person who wants to protect themselves to buy a f***ing hazmat suit because you refuse to wear a piece of cloth over your face? That's the argument you're going with?

Going by your logic, I assume you would also bite the bullet and agree it is completely reasonable for me to put on a blindfold and walk down the street swinging a Katana? After all, pedestrians can simply take precautionary measures to avoid me - they can make sure they stay at a safe distance or they can even stay at home. It is not my fault they're scared of being cut down by the blade.

While we're at it, should we also legalize drunk driving? If people don't want to risk being killed by a drunk driver, they can avoid traffick and take precautionary measures. We can't possibly impede on the right of someone to drive while under the influence just because there's a possibility others might be put at risk.

And since you think it is your right not to wear a mask, do you also think it is my right not to wear any piece of clothing then? Should i be allowed to just go on a bus naked with my nuts hanging?

Royal Gooner wrote:Masks don't even work anyway. One of the reasons I won't wear one (aside of the fact I'm exempt anyway)

ah yes

This guy saying this in April knows more than every center for disease control of every single country in the world. They're just bored so they're making us wear masks as a fashion statement or something? What kind of insane conspiracy theory are you even proposing to explain why the whole world has been wearing masks for months now?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:31 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Surely there is a difference though? Biden said Trump had no plan with covid and he has one. Why hasn't he told anyone his plan yet? When will it be in place?

He doesn't need to ........... he's a Democrat.

Accountability is not part of the job description.

Isn't it highly worrying the cabal between the mainstream media and the Left? its causing an imbalance of parity and fairness in the political system.

if the mainstream media including the Tech and online app giants back the Left to the hilt and demonises conservatives ........ that's not democratically fair is it?

People are losing their jobs and all sorts because of this.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:08 am

Jedi wrote:This guy saying this in April knows more than every center for disease control of every single country in the world. They're just bored so they're making us wear masks as a fashion statement or something? What kind of insane conspiracy theory are you even proposing to explain why the whole world has been wearing masks for months now?

Because people like to hide their selfishness and desire to not be told what to do in the name of freedom and personal liberty.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Jedi wrote:@Jayram

How is every tool available? You think it is economically viable for every person who wants to protect themselves to buy a f***ing hazmat suit because you refuse to wear a piece of cloth over your face? That's the argument you're going with?

Going by your logic, I assume you would also bite the bullet and agree it is completely reasonable for me to put on a blindfold and walk down the street swinging a Katana? After all, pedestrians can simply take precautionary measures to avoid me - they can make sure they stay at a safe distance or they can even stay at home. It is not my fault they're scared of being cut down by the blade.

While we're at it, should we also legalize drunk driving? If people don't want to risk being killed by a drunk driver, they can avoid traffick and take precautionary measures. We can't possibly impede on the right of someone to drive while under the influence just because there's a possibility others might be put at risk.

And since you think it is your right not to wear a mask, do you also think it is my right not to wear any piece of clothing then? Should i be allowed to just go on a bus naked with my nuts hanging?

Royal Gooner wrote:Masks don't even work anyway. One of the reasons I won't wear one (aside of the fact I'm exempt anyway)

ah yes

This guy saying this in April knows more than every center for disease control of every single country in the world. They're just bored so they're making us wear masks as a fashion statement or something? What kind of insane conspiracy theory are you even proposing to explain why the whole world has been wearing masks for months now?

Every tool is available to you. For complete security, you can stay indoors. Alternatively, wander around in a hazmat suit as I said. They cost about 40 quid. You can also buy complete mask protection with filters for about 30 quid. I'd suggest you wear some rubber gloves too just to be sure... quite cheap. When you get in, shower immediately and wash down any surfaces you have touched.
All in your own control - no need for you to tell anyone else what to do.

Your extreme comparisons are nonsense...unless you are are so extreme in your views you think that not wearing a mask outdoors is attempted murder (as with swinging a katana randomly) or public indecency like hanging your nuts out on a bus.

I could make up some ridiculous extremist crap too - why don't we ban all public gatherings forever...after all people die of the common cold and flu.. best to be sure right?

As for me wearing a mask - i will do so if I enter an establishment where the owner of that establishment requests it. That is the owners decision. Otherwise no. Anything longer than having to wear a mask than a couple of minutes - no way.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:33 pm

Callum wrote:
Jedi wrote:This guy saying this in April knows more than every center for disease control of every single country in the world. They're just bored so they're making us wear masks as a fashion statement or something? What kind of insane conspiracy theory are you even proposing to explain why the whole world has been wearing masks for months now?

Because people like to hide their selfishness and desire to not be told what to do in the name of freedom and personal liberty.

I'll read that sentence again whenever I need a chuckle.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby gooney » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:04 am

Wait is ted Cruz really selling us the idea that his 10 and 12 year old daughters suggested we should go to cancun as some of our friends are and ted and his ugly wife was like hmmm that’s and interesting idea?

This man is the biggest weasel out there, the fact that he kept fighting for and kissing the ass of a man that called his ugly wife and his dad murderer says everything about him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 am

gooney wrote:Wait is ted Cruz really selling us the idea that his 10 and 12 year old daughters suggested we should go to cancun as some of our friends are and ted and his ugly wife was like hmmm that’s and interesting idea?

This man is the biggest weasel out there, the fact that he kept fighting for and kissing the ass of a man that called his ugly wife and his dad murderer says everything about him

Yep.

He is truly spineless.

A man who won't doesn't even defend his family.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:32 am

Nearly 100,000 dead from the virus in Bidens first month.
Meanwhile, he's said there is nothing he can do. Given up already. Not very inspiring.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:28 am

jayramfootball wrote:Nearly 100,000 dead from the virus in Bidens first month.
Meanwhile, he's said there is nothing he can do. Given up already. Not very inspiring.

Yes, he's waving the white flag and giving up already. Might as well step down as President tbh.

President Biden has finalized deals to buy 200 million more COVID-19 vaccine doses from Pfizer and Moderna by the end of July, increasing the likelihood of delivering on his promise to have all Americans inoculated by mid-summer.

Biden announced the latest deals, which are part of a plan he unveiled two weeks ago, during remarks made at the National Institutes of Health on Thursday.

"We've now purchased enough vaccine supplies to vaccinate all Americans," Biden said. "Now we're working to get those vaccines into the arms of millions of people."

Additionally, Biden said, Pfizer and Moderna have agreed to expedite the delivery of 100 million doses each by a month — moving them up to May instead of June.

"That's a month faster," Biden said. "That means lives will be saved."

The new orders of the vaccines come on top of doses that are already scheduled to be delivered by the two companies in March.

"That means we're now on track to have enough supply for 300 million Americans."

The aggressive push to increase the supply of hard-to-come by lifesaving injections is part of the "around the clock work" of the new administration and the nation's leading health care officials, he said.

Article continues after sponsor message

"In just three weeks we've deployed over 1,000 federal staff at vaccination sites around the country," Biden added.

Among the many setbacks his administration faced upon entering office and taking the reins of the pandemic, the president noted he was misled about the true supply of vaccines obtained by the Trump administration.

"My predecessor, to be very blunt about it, did not do his job," Biden said. "We won't have everything fixed for a while. But we're going to fix it."

Biden added: "What I was upset with was not having all the facts that were available to the last outfit. We were under the distinct impression there were significantly more vaccines available to begin to be distributed."

Even more relief may come from Johnson & Johnson, which has developed a vaccine that can inoculate recipients with a single dose. That company is prepared to deliver 100 million more doses upon authorization from the Food and Drug Administration.

But serious question: what do you want Biden to do about a virus that has been spreading for over a year?

Do you want him to lockdown the entire country or what?

A virus is a virus, it's not like when car companies have malfunctions or food distributors find E. coli and can just recall products that have been sent out.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:28 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:But serious question: what do you want Biden to do about a virus that has been spreading for over a year?

Do you want him to lockdown the entire country or what?

A virus is a virus, it's not like when car companies have malfunctions or food distributors find E. coli and can just recall products that have been sent out.

Biden's problem is the months of bullshit - do you remember all these accusations

Trump failed to close the borders - yet the first thing Biden has done is open the borders further

Trump ordered vaccines not approved by the FDA - yet first thing Biden does is order an extra 200m doses of vaccines not yet approved by the FDA

Trump didn't use the central government Federal resources - yet the first thing Biden does is give State Governors emergency powers to make local State decisions.

and the biggest lie of them all

We started from zero there was no vaccine policy - yet Trump had funded research and ordered 300m doses of vaccines under development (a policy which Biden opposed at the time)

Sure it's all politics, when in opposition blame the guy in power, but now Biden is in power so the buck stops with him, blaming Trump will get very old very quickly .... if it hasn't already.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate