American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:American politics now back to normal it seems...

President Joe Biden will announce a ban on new oil and gas leases on federal lands and waters on Wednesday, according to several reports.

Biden’s decision bars any new fracking on federal lands despite his campaign promise not to ban the practice.

“I am not banning fracking. Let me say that again: I am not banning fracking,” Biden said in August 2020 during the presidential campaign. “No matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me.”

Say one thing, then do the complete opposite after the election.

For all Trump's flaws, at least he actually tried to do what he said he would.

I am actually looking forward to this.

4 years of the Dems reaping what they sewed with all the insurrection support and demeaning the President at every turn, I mean I get it to a point, he trolled the fk out of them rather unprofessionally and they wanted revenge ........... however, they opened a can of worms and now its their turn.

Yes it's funny to watch.
As he breaks all his promises it's fascinating to watch people (the same people who accused Trump of lying if even the smallest detail of a sentence gave them the opportunity to make the claim of lying), this time skew reality to pretend Biden never made the promises he breaks in the first place. :lol:
Already seeing it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:35 am

How it started:
Royal Gooner wrote:One day in and he's already undergoing an impeachment investigation! Got to be a record!

How It's going:
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:09 am

Jedi wrote:How it started:
Royal Gooner wrote:One day in and he's already undergoing an impeachment investigation! Got to be a record!

How It's going:

This is just getting pettier and pettier.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:How it started:

How It's going:

This is just getting pettier and pettier.

Funny isn't it...

Impeach Trump as President and as a private citizen ( :lol: )... for literally no valid reason...A ok.

Even suggest impeaching Biden - then, no, a duly elected Congresswoman needs to be expelled...

Radical leftists and their authoritarianism running wild.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:25 pm

What's good for the goose etc.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:29 pm

Actually, It's happening because she called for Nancy Pelosi to be executed.

I think It's not good for house representatives to say other house representatives should be murdered? Maybe bad for democracy or something like that?

She also called mass shootings "false flags" but compared to the other things she's done that's not even shocking. She's just an all around worthless heap of trash of a human.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Jedi wrote:Actually, It's happening because she called for Nancy Pelosi to be executed.

I think It's not good for house representatives to say other house representatives should be murdered? Maybe bad for democracy or something like that?

She also called mass shootings "false flags" but compared to the other things she's done that's not even shocking. She's just an all around worthless heap of trash of a human.

She seems like an unsavoury character, frankly.
She was, however, elected and has committed no crime that would preclude her from running or holding office.
Not liking who the people choose as their representative is not a solid basis for denying people their choice.

This expulsion proposal by a Democrat representative only came after she called for Biden's impeachment. It's got nothing to do with her twitter reply on Pelosi or what tweets she happed to like, otherwise the proposal would have come much earlier. CNN has just waded in to trawl through her past to find things to deflect the rationale away from what this is actually about.
This is all about quashing a challenge to power. Nothing else.

Local and state representation dies a death if that representation can be simply quashed by a judgement on high of someone's character.
The people should be the judge and that judgement has been made.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:34 am

Flag ship of Democracy,
Yea Righ !!!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:44 pm

Seeing a trend to American presidents since Carter:

Neocon - Conservative - Neoliberal - Neocon - Neoliberal - Populist - Neoliberal.

If a neocon who followed astrological advise destroyed the American middle class, the neoliberal following Bush Snr., caused the 2008 recession. Between all of 'em, two presidents were one-term folks, who ran their own schemes.

Says as much about American democracy.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:06 pm

Angelito wrote:Seeing a trend to American presidents since Carter:

Neocon - Conservative - Neoliberal - Neocon - Neoliberal - Populist - Neoliberal.

If a neocon who followed astrological advise destroyed the American middle class, the neoliberal following Bush Snr., caused the 2008 recession. Between all of 'em, two presidents were one-term folks, who ran their own schemes.

I think the last 4 years made it really clear that the POTUS doesn't actually hold much power UNLESS they go along with the establishment. In other words, people who nobody actually votes for have their hands on the tiller.
I think people were generally aware of this, but it's become blatantly obvious now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

I think the last 4 years made it really clear that the POTUS doesn't actually hold much power UNLESS they go along with the establishment. In other words, people who nobody actually votes for have their hands on the tiller.
I think people were generally aware of this, but it's become blatantly obvious now.

Anyone (like Jedi) who seems to think they give power to a guy doing a 4 year stint like on Hitlers level is fked in the head, and I've told Jedi that multiple times "But .... but .... he's going to destroy the world" mofo please. :doh:

The organisations around the President give them as much decision making as they're comfortable with, its obviously in their interest to propagate the idea that the President, chosen by the people is all powerful ............ but anyone with half a brain know's that's not the case.

You have the Executive, Legislative and the Courts, the President rules over only one of them.

When Presidents make big decisions know that they're not making them on their own, they have the backing of their cabinet and party, its not and never has been a one man show, the Pres is front and centre simply as a showman, a front man to get the party elected.

Yet Jedi is on a course of citalapram worrying over Trump, like a sucker. :doh:

"He .... he ..... he's going to build a wall!!! OMG!!!" :eek:

It would be entertaining if it wasn't so sad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:27 pm

The President has become little more than a ceremonial figurehead.

Trump tried to step outside this and got crucified.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Anyone (like Jedi) who seems to think they give power to a guy doing a 4 year stint like on Hitlers level is fked in the head, and I've told Jedi that multiple times "But .... but .... he's going to destroy the world" mofo please. :doh:

The organisations around the President give them as much decision making as they're comfortable with, its obviously in their interest to propagate the idea that the President, chosen by the people is all powerful ............ but anyone with half a brain know's that's not the case.

You have the Executive, Legislative and the Courts, the President rules over only one of them.

When Presidents make big decisions know that they're not making them on their own, they have the backing of their cabinet and party, its not and never has been a one man show, the Pres is front and centre simply as a showman, a front man to get the party elected.

Yet Jedi is on a course of citalapram worrying over Trump, like a sucker. :doh:

"He .... he ..... he's going to build a wall!!! OMG!!!" :eek:

It would be entertaining if it wasn't so sad.

The damage Donald Trump has enacted is three-fold:
1) Being completely ineffective and/or destructive when it comes to foreign policy. Under his administration, Both Russia and especially China have made incredible strides in increasing their influence over the world.
2) Being a typical neocon when it comes to legislation (e.g. lowering taxes for the rich and gutting healthcare)
3) Militarizing the Republican base and bringing fascists and conspiracy lunatics like Qanon into the forefront.

I think that the 3rd part is by far the worst part and will be the hardest to counteract. No matter what power you think the neocons and traditional elites have they're now forced into an uneasy collaboration with open fascists who are calling for the execution of prominent Democrats and believe forest fires are started by Jewish space lasers.

Phil71 wrote:The President has become little more than a ceremonial figurehead.

Trump tried to step outside this and got crucified.

Being banned on Twitter isn't crucifixion. In a different country, you get a firing squad for what happened at the Capitol.

Although he absolutely deserves a terrible fate, rest assured, he will live out the rest of his days in luxury on one of his resorts and will remain more powerful than everyone on this forum combined. If that's crucifixion I want to be crucified.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:41 am

Jedi wrote:The damage Donald Trump has enacted is three-fold:
1) Being completely ineffective and/or destructive when it comes to foreign policy. Under his administration, Both Russia and especially China have made incredible strides in increasing their influence over the world.
2) Being a typical neocon when it comes to legislation (e.g. lowering taxes for the rich and gutting healthcare)
3) Militarizing the Republican base and bringing fascists and conspiracy lunatics like Qanon into the forefront.

I think that the 3rd part is by far the worst part and will be the hardest to counteract. No matter what power you think the neocons and traditional elites have they're now forced into an uneasy collaboration with open fascists who are calling for the execution of prominent Democrats and believe forest fires are started by Jewish space lasers.

If you think Qanon types just suddenly popped up out of nowhere because of Trump then again ............ your fked in the head.
He may of made them loud and proud but quite frankly these people already existed prior to 4 yrs ago.
I'd also add the Democrats and their base releasing the Far Left Communists onto the streets also made Qanon types loud and proud.

But tbf all those things you listed are nothing compared to the Clintons and Bushes murdering thousands of people and decimating countries all over the Middle East for next to fk all but oil and target practice.
Babies and women being slaughtered so on behalf of the people of the Middle East I'm sure they were grateful for Trumps benevolent reign quite frankly.

You talking about taxes and Qanon bs just shows the shallowness of your political view, while mine are more in the bigger picture, actual lives of innocent human beings.

Clintons and Bushes acted like angels but slaughtered thousands of innocent people, Trump acted like an A-hole and killed no one via his direct orders.

............. who should we really prefer in that instance?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:If you think Qanon types just suddenly popped up out of nowhere because of Trump then again ............ your fked in the head.
He may of made them loud and proud but quite frankly these people already existed prior to 4 yrs ago.
I'd also add the Democrats and their base releasing the Far Left Communists onto the streets also made Qanon types loud and proud.

This just shows you still don't even know what Qanon is. It literally began in 2017 on 4chan and Donald Trump is the focal point of the theory. It doesn't work without him and it didn't exist before the original post on 4chan in October 2017.

You could have avoided embarrassing yourself again if you spent approx. 30 seconds googling "What is Qanon" but no, you're so arrogant that you're going to pretend you know what you're talking about and also call me "fked in the head" while spouting absolute nonsense.

But tbf all those things you listed are nothing compared to the Clintons and Bushes murdering thousands of people and decimating countries all over the Middle East for next to fk all but oil and target practice.
Babies and women being slaughtered so on behalf of the people of the Middle East I'm sure they were grateful for Trumps benevolent reign quite frankly.

You talking about taxes and Qanon bs just shows the shallowness of your political view, while mine are more in the bigger picture, actual lives of innocent human beings.

Clintons and Bushes acted like angels but slaughtered thousands of innocent people, Trump acted like an A-hole and killed no one via his direct orders.

............. who should we really prefer in that instance?

Anytime I hear someone defend Trump's foreign policy I immediately know I can disregard anything they have to say because you either have to be incredibly ignorant or a liar to defend his catastrophic record.

I've lived through a bombarding that Bill Clinton ordered so I don't need to hear your virtue signaling about American interventionism. You're a sucker for populism so you bought into Trump's rhetoric of "bring back the troops and stop endless wars" even though he didn't do any of that, but what did he do? Let's look at the record:

1) He ruined the deal with Iran for absolutely no reason and went with the "maximum pressure" strategy which won't work and will eventually lead to war if Biden doesn't change course and salvage the Iran deal. Let's not forget he also assassinated Soleimani escalating the conflict with Iran and straining the relationship with Iraq. He's basically been Netanyahu's lapdog.

2) He covered for the Saudis when they killed Kashoggi, and kept funneling them weapons for their ongoing genocide in Yemen. When pushed about it, he said "we get jobs from the relationship" basically putting a price tag on the lives of innocent Yemeni children. But "Trump says a lot of things" so what did Trump actually do? When bipartisan legislation to stop the support for the Saudis passed and ended up on his desk, he VETOED it, opting to continue supporting the conflict despite both the Republicans and the Democrats being against it.

3) Backstabbing the Kurds. Arguably the worst thing he's done in office. The Kurds were close US allies and they were one of the main reasons ISIS was defeated. He told them to disarm their border with Turkey to ease the tensions. Turkey, by the way, hates Kurds and views them as terrorists, but the Kurds believed their ally and they did as the US asked. As soon as they were done disarming, Donald Trump, under the guise of "bringing back the troops" moved the US military from northern Syria while also taking their guns, leaving the Kurdish population completely defenseless to Turkish state-funded terror groups.

What followed was the most extensive list of human rights abuses and war crimes you could imagine. They raped, they bombed hospitals, they would kill people, take their bodies, and sell them back to their families if they wanted to bury them. There are, of course, UN certified reports which documented over 150 war crimes committed.

But did he at least "bring the troops back"? No, he simply moved them to bases in Iraq and later redeployed them back in northern Syria near the oil fields. When asked about it, Donald Trump said Turkey needed to "clean out" the area. Even the staunchest anti-war people came out against this withdrawal.

Furthermore, John Bolton gave details about meetings with Erdogan where Trump would cave to Turkey because he couldn't understand the difference between Iraqi Kurds and Syrian Kurds. He thought they were all part of the PKK.

5) Under his term, he deployed 14,000 more troops in the Middle East. It doesn't make sense at all if you listen to his rhetoric but he doesn't care about it. He just said it because he thought it was the popular thing to say.

6) He left the Paris agreement. One of the best examples of Trump's inability to work with the international community on one of the most pressing issues of our time.

7) He withdrew from the INF treaty which was the nuclear disarmament treaty with Russia.

8) He gutted the relationship with NATO allies and made a big deal about the % of GDP nonsense completely missing the point of the alliance. This is why we now have Merkel and Macron talking about an "EU army".

9) He was absolutely pathetic on North Korea. He not only met with Kim Jong Un twice but he gave him a massive concession, which was stopping the joint military drills - for absolutely nothing in return. These drills were integral for South Korean security. It's just an all-around dumb situation, as he gave Kim free 4 years to develop nukes and now Biden will have to deal with that mess. Expect a missile test in the next few months.

10) He tried to topple Maduro in Venezuela but failed. He reversed course on Obama's attempt to normalize relations with Cuba and went back to the old "maximum pressure" policy which, again, will never work.

11) Before running for president, he voiced his support for both the Iraq war and the war in Libya, although he likes to pretend he didn't.

11) Last but not the least, drone strikes have SKYROCKETED under the Trump presidency. He also revoked the Obama-era rule which gave transparency to drone strikes. He even dropped the "Mother of all bombs" in Afghanistan.

...but I guess we can pretend none of this happened because he said in his speeches that he wants to end the wars.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate