A British woman, sentenced to death for drug smuggling

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

A British woman, sentenced to death for drug smuggling

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:48 am

A British woman, sentenced to death for drug smuggling in Bali, has written to the UK government asking for legal help or funding for an appeal.

Well as far as I am concerned you pay your money and take your chances, I wonder if she would have given away some of the money she would have got for smuggling all those drugs?? I have no sympathy at all for drug smugglers, they reap the rewards they should take the consequences and shut the fook up with the moaning when they get caught. :crybaby:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Re: A British woman, sentenced to death for drug smuggling

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:41 am

She made her (death) bed, she'll have to lie in it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:57 pm

If you decide to smuggle drugs in a country which has the death sentence for smuggling drugs, then you just might end up getting executed.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:She made her (death) bed, she'll have to lie in it.

Awks.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Bionic Mosquito » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:50 pm

I agree with all of the above but you do get cases where drugs are planted to get them through customs. If she is really guilty, no problem, she made the decision and got caught, tough. What if she is not guilty? My daughter recently travelled from Bali to Australia, she was in Bali for about 3 weeks, she could have had drugs planted in her belongings, it happens! I need to know more about this case to make a fair judgement!
Bionic Mosquito
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:29 pm

You would think if your going to make a career out of crime you'd do it in countries where the punishment is 3-5 like here not death via hanging.

Bad career move imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Bionic Mosquito wrote:I agree with all of the above but you do get cases where drugs are planted to get them through customs. If she is really guilty, no problem, she made the decision and got caught, tough. What if she is not guilty? My daughter recently travelled from Bali to Australia, she was in Bali for about 3 weeks, she could have had drugs planted in her belongings, it happens! I need to know more about this case to make a fair judgement!

Yup happens regularly in these countries by people who work on the airports. Problem is that it's very, very hard to prove unless caught on video.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Apollo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Jeez, do they have a population problem or something in Bali?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Cripps » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:28 pm

No sympathy here. She knew the law.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Zenith wrote:
Bionic Mosquito wrote:I agree with all of the above but you do get cases where drugs are planted to get them through customs. If she is really guilty, no problem, she made the decision and got caught, tough. What if she is not guilty? My daughter recently travelled from Bali to Australia, she was in Bali for about 3 weeks, she could have had drugs planted in her belongings, it happens! I need to know more about this case to make a fair judgement!

Yup happens regularly in these countries by people who work on the airports. Problem is that it's very, very hard to prove unless caught on video.

Another major flaw with this idea is that it puts a loophole in the law, any drug dealer could exploit that and every person who gets caught in this situation is always using this as the excuse anywayz.

The outright punishment is ludicrous and stone age thats the problem.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby arsebandit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Capital punishment is not a deterrent, whether it be hanging, beheading or death by moureen... She knew the risk & CHOSE to take it...
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 am

Our new president is very strict. No pardon for drug dealing, corruption and terrorism. Personally I agree with him. 50 people die everyday for drug related causes in Indonesia.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:22 am

Wow, aren't you lot just a bunch of c*nts!

... and I f*cking mean that!

The law and sentence is what should be in debate here, not whether or not she deserves to be punished. You can be as liberal as you want about drug use, but there's a whole minefield of moral debating that goes along with it, it would all take too long to delve into.

The issue of capital punishment however, that's as clear cut as you an get... this woman doesn't deserve to lose her life for what she's done. And if you think she does ("well ya know, she knew the law" and all that bullshit) then your lack of compassion sickens me. You're just another desensitised drone like so many others. Shall we look into other ridiculously harsh punishments around the world and treat it with the same "well that's the law".

Un-f*cking-believable!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:43 am

^ No one said she deserved to die?

Just that she knew the consequences and now has to face up to it. You reap what you sow and all that.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:13 am

Est83 wrote:Wow, aren't you lot just a bunch of c*nts!

... and I f*cking mean that!

The law and sentence is what should be in debate here, not whether or not she deserves to be punished. You can be as liberal as you want about drug use, but there's a whole minefield of moral debating that goes along with it, it would all take too long to delve into.

The issue of capital punishment however, that's as clear cut as you an get... this woman doesn't deserve to lose her life for what she's done. And if you think she does ("well ya know, she knew the law" and all that bullshit) then your lack of compassion sickens me. You're just another desensitised drone like so many others. Shall we look into other ridiculously harsh punishments around the world and treat it with the same "well that's the law".

Un-f*cking-believable!

I strongly oppose the death penalty, but I have little sympathy for someone who appears to have gone out of their way to smuggle drugs in a country which she must have known executes drug smugglers. The drug trade results in hundreds of deaths both through murder and overdoses so hence the harsh punishment. Not saying its right, but you can see the logic behind it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Next

Return to The Big Debate