Two NYPD officers shot in the head and killed

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Two NYPD officers shot in the head and killed

Postby Cripps » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30572042

This is the guy S&W is a big fan of.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Who just so happened to shoot his girlfriend as well who is a young black woman but according to S&W .............

Salt and Wenger wrote:fair play to the guy, maybe a few more should do the same

Hmmmmm
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Cripps wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30572042

This is the guy S&W is a big fan of.

Not surprised what he did, looks like a no hoper. Saying 'look what i'm going to do' - wow, absolute t**t.

Edit - Just seen this gem

"They Take 1 of Ours... Let's Take 2 of Theirs #ShootThePolice #RIPEricGarner #RIPMike Brown," he continued before adding: "This May Be My Final Post."

'They take 1 of ours' yet puts RIP to two people in his status. :doh: :dontknow:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:54 pm

StLGooner wrote:We'll see if all those black NBA players wear t-shirts to support the dead officers. My money is on them not doing that. Which means, we know what lives really matter to them, and it's not all lives.

it's already happened lol
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Are you condoning cold blooded murder of officers of the law?

officers of the law?

lol what does someones profession have to do with whether it's right to murder them?

Way to dodge the question.

If the profession they doesn't mean anything to you, you could still answer the actual question, here I'll help you out.

Are you condoning cold blooded murder?

sometime murder is necessary tbf

me condoning it is irrelevant, i dont condone wars they still happen and thousands of innocent people are murdered in them.

As i said previously what the guy did had very little to do eric garner he's just an attention seeking whore so i'm in no way a fan of his but the 2 officers that died are no different to the thousands of 2 iraqis that have died in the last 10 years.

I'm not any more appalled by this than i am millions of other murders committed by heads of states and law enforcement.

I dont agree that only governments and law enforcement can murder when things dont go their way. If they can i see no reason why anyone else shouldnt. Both are equal.

If police officers are allowed to kill people that are unarmed and unthreatening towards them and stay out of jail, then i believe everyone should be allowed.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Who just so happened to shoot his girlfriend as well who is a young black woman but according to S&W .............

Hmmmmm

i already said on the previous page that i doubt it has anything to do with getting justice or whatever the guy just wanted attention thats it. It's the result that doesnt bother me. The guy is a bit attention starved and crazy.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yago » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

officers of the law?

lol what does someones profession have to do with whether it's right to murder them?

If the profession they doesn't mean anything to you, you could still answer the actual question, here I'll help you out.

me condoning it is irrelevant, i dont condone wars they still happen and thousands of innocent people are murdered in them.

As i said previously what the guy did had very little to do eric garner he's just an attention seeking whore so i'm in no way a fan of his but the 2 officers that died are no different to the thousands of 2 iraqis that have died in the last 10 years.

I'm not any more appalled by this than i am millions of other murders committed by heads of states and law enforcement.

I dont agree that only governments and law enforcement can murder when things dont go their way. If they can i see no reason why anyone else shouldnt. Both are equal.

If police officers are allowed to kill people that are unarmed and unthreatening towards them and stay out of jail, then i believe everyone should be allowed.

Police officers are NOT allowed to kill unarmed people. The fact someone did and got away with it because of a failure of the justice system is f***ked up. But murdering 2 people who had nothing to do with that incident, and for all we know were just good, honest people trying to do their job the best they could in order to provide for their family is not "justice". It's murder, it's appalling, and the guy's a stupid moron who should've been thrown in jail for a long time if he hadn't killed himself. It's a cry for attention from a crazy idiot who clearly had issues, and everyone condoning this should rethink their opinion until they see the light.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
StLGooner wrote:We'll see if all those black NBA players wear t-shirts to support the dead officers. My money is on them not doing that. Which means, we know what lives really matter to them, and it's not all lives.

it's already happened lol

I haven't seen anything but fair play if it has.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kronickaos » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm so sick of this shit. If it had been a white dude who did it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. In all honesty, those officers were probably a bit too complacent and mixed with this psycho f**k it created a situation where they lost their lives.

what i find interesting is that anyone thinks by killing cops it's going to "further" their cause against police not shooting people. If anything this will just make it worse
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Yago wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

officers of the law?

Police officers are NOT allowed to kill unarmed people. The fact someone did and got away with it because of a failure of the justice system is f***ked up. But murdering 2 people who had nothing to do with that incident, and for all we know were just good, honest people trying to do their job the best they could in order to provide for their family is not "justice". It's murder, it's appalling, and the guy's a stupid moron who should've been thrown in jail for a long time if he hadn't killed himself. It's a cry for attention from a crazy idiot who clearly had issues, and everyone condoning this should rethink their opinion until they see the light.

Police officers are allowed to do so in the states, a police officer can shoot or kill someone and at the worst they will lose their job. I'm not going to list individual cases you can find that out yourself. But it isnt one time, it isnt 2 there's many cases where it has happened. This isnt a rare failure in the justice system it's an inherent flaw that has been there for decades and you look at cases where police officers kill unarmed civillians you will see that they dont get convicted, so i wouldnt call it a flaw i would call it an unwritten law. Police are allowed to kill unarmed people.

As i've said before, most people are trying to provide for their family so i dont see how it has any relevance really. If that was a compelling enough reason to not kill then no one ever would be killed in wars, by police etc, but at the end of the day it isnt so i dont accept that as reason enough to feel bad. The families are unlucky yes but sometimes thats just how things are.

if police are able to kill people who are unarmed and at worst lose their jobs then i believe everyone should have this right because police should not be above the law.

Now had the guy gone an killed the officers that killed eric garner maybe there would be some change, maybe there would be a lot i dont know. But i just feel personally that killing other officers that have nothing will provide internal pressures within the police force to change. Lets be honest no one wants their lives in danger because of what their dirty colleagues are doing whilst had it been the officers involved then the dirty cops would probably be more alert for that kind of thing whilst the rest continue to turn a blind eye.

Unfortunately when your at war there are casualties and thats how i see it. A certain group of people dont feel at threat from the police so they are returning the favour.

It isnt only the gun slinging gang banging black people in america that do not feel safe it's the majority. So i see no reason why the majority of the police force shouldnt feel unsafe.

thats how it should be

if every person in my family doesnt feel safe because of what your doing then every person in your family shouldnt feel safe either.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 pm

kronickaos wrote:I'm so sick of this shit. If it had been a white dude who did it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. In all honesty, those officers were probably a bit too complacent and mixed with this psycho f**k it created a situation where they lost their lives.

what i find interesting is that anyone thinks by killing cops it's going to "further" their cause against police not shooting people. If anything this will just make it worse

i agree it will make it worse at first but eventually there will be a compromise and that's the target. Right now it's only one side that feels unsafe and it shouldnt be like that.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Tbf this sort of stuff will happen when the police force us to feel scared and fearful of them rather than feeling protected.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Can't believe people are justifying this. Wtf is wrong with the world?

Time God destroyed it all and started anew.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:Police officers are allowed to do so in the states, a police officer can shoot or kill someone and at the worst they will lose their job. I'm not going to list individual cases you can find that out yourself. But it isnt one time, it isnt 2 there's many cases where it has happened. This isnt a rare failure in the justice system it's an inherent flaw that has been there for decades and you look at cases where police officers kill unarmed civillians you will see that they dont get convicted, so i wouldnt call it a flaw i would call it an unwritten law. Police are allowed to kill unarmed people.

What? This is nonsense. That it happens more often than it should doesn't change the fact it's a failure of the justice system, not of the law. By law, police officers killing unarmed people is unjustified and thus punishable. If those officers are let off the hook, it means people are covering up for it -> Still a failure of the justice system. Corruption is a big problem, and things have to change. But, according to law, those are crimes, and people committing them are criminals. The law doesn't condone police to kill unarmed people.

As i've said before, most people are trying to provide for their family so i dont see how it has any relevance really. If that was a compelling enough reason to not kill then no one ever would be killed in wars, by police etc, but at the end of the day it isnt so i dont accept that as reason enough to feel bad. The families are unlucky yes but sometimes thats just how things are.

I was merely pointing out those officers had not provoked anything, which makes their assassinations even harsher. @the bolded, there shouldn't be any reason not to kill them needed. Not killing people should be normal.

if police are able to kill people who are unarmed and at worst lose their jobs then i believe everyone should have this right because police should not be above the law.

No, they shouldn't, and that has to be fixed. But really? X got away with it so let's all just go on a killing spree? NO. That is no solution, and it's only going to make things worse.

Now had the guy gone an killed the officers that killed eric garner maybe there would be some change, maybe there would be a lot i dont know. But i just feel personally that killing other officers that have nothing will provide internal pressures within the police force to change. Lets be honest no one wants their lives in danger because of what their dirty colleagues are doing whilst had it been the officers involved then the dirty cops would probably be more alert for that kind of thing whilst the rest continue to turn a blind eye.

No, there wouldn't. As Kronickaos said, actions like this one are only going to make things worse. The next time a cop sees a black man reaching into his pocket, he may think it's a gun and the man's another mad man coming for revenge. It's racist and stupid, but cops are going to be very tense after this. They just saw 2 of their own shot in cold blood for no reason at all.

Unfortunately when your at war there are casualties and thats how i see it. A certain group of people dont feel at threat from the police so they are returning the favour.

THIS IS NO WAR. This was an assassination of 2 innocent people.

It isnt only the gun slinging gang banging black people in america that do not feel safe it's the majority. So i see no reason why the majority of the police force shouldnt feel unsafe.

yes, that's going to make it better. Your reasoning really is starting to baffle me.

thats how it should be

if every person in my family doesnt feel safe because of what your doing then every person in your family shouldnt feel safe either.

Why did I waste my time on this? You're not at war with the police.
Yago

Postby kronickaos » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
kronickaos wrote:I'm so sick of this shit. If it had been a white dude who did it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. In all honesty, those officers were probably a bit too complacent and mixed with this psycho f**k it created a situation where they lost their lives.

i agree it will make it worse at first but eventually there will be a compromise and that's the target. Right now it's only one side that feels unsafe and it shouldnt be like that.

It's a really touchy subject over here right now. I was at an Oakland Raiders game yesterday and some of the activists hung a banner which read: "Oakland - Ferguson - LA- NYC No Love for Police" it immediately started an argument between everyone in our section. People who were just celebrating together were getting in each others faces, calling each other racists and almost coming to blows... it was pretty sad to see.

I've thought about how any of this can come to a peaceful resolution, but I can't come up with much of anything aside from a drastic overhaul of how police respond to situations, but police will say that it puts them at too much risk i'm sure. One thing I do find interesting though is that as soldiers in a foreign country we had stricter rules of engagement than police here in the states. Police have shot people just because of seeing a gun in their possession, we had to wait until we were shot at and positively identify who it was before we could shoot back. Why not give police those same rules??

Maybe if police were a bit more tactically proficient instead of rolling up within 10 feet of a kid who "might" have a gun, we'd avoid more incidents.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate