Vladimir Putin's speech

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Vladimir Putin's speech

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 pm

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/10 ... g-roberts/

Just came across this speech Putin gave in a political meeting recently. Really it deserved attention from the media but naturally we heard nothing.

If you have a bit of time it is well worth a read. He certainly does not seem to be the person that the western media make him out to be nor for that matter, Russia.

His criticisms of the western elite seem reasonable and his desire for a new system of co-operation which works for all sounds like just the sort of thing we need in the current climate.

Any thought? Enlightened leadership or all deception?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Vladimir Putin's speech

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

I spoke to a woman at work who is Russian Latvian about him a few weeks back.

I asked her a straightforward question; is he a de facto dictator?

She explained that no, he is genuinely very popular, and although his methods are anti democratic, that popularity remains.

I wasn't entirely convinced because imo if you are genuinely popular why would you be so controlling and vicious to your political opponents?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:20 pm

He allows gays to be treated as second hand citizens in his country and even has laws to support doing so. Doesn't sound like a good guy, but hey maybe that is just more of the western media hype.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:He allows gays to be treated as second hand citizens in his country and even has laws to support doing so. Doesn't sound like a good guy, but hey maybe that is just more of the western media hype.

No I think thats genuine, not western propaganda.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:09 pm

UFGN wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:He allows gays to be treated as second hand citizens in his country and even has laws to support doing so. Doesn't sound like a good guy, but hey maybe that is just more of the western media hype.

I watched a documentary about how gays are treated there. Absolutely disgusting!! :(
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:34 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I watched a documentary about how gays are treated there. Absolutely disgusting!! :(

no difference with the majority of third world countries.
When you are on a genre identity situation, thats when you really REALLY suffer.
Genre identity it's probably the most marginalized group in today's society. Transgender population in my country had a Life expectancy of 30 something, and you can find probably the same statistic in every single country in the world.
This needs to be addressed ASAP.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:47 pm

The whole democracy mumbo-jumbo won't allow Russia to get back to America in terms of super power, so I can understand where Putin is coming from. He's not a dictator but like China - he wants stability to ensure Russia gets back to its heydays. Russia is still the 2nd most powerful nation in the world (arguable with China, especially due to China's economic growth) and the Western ideal certainly doesn't apply to Russia, even though the minorities may believe that they are being suppressed. Personally, I feel bad for them, but in this political tug-off war - the casualties will always be there.

From what I know, the majority of Russians seem to be happy under Putin. The "one size fits all," formula of the West is definitely ringing the wrong bells in people's head.

Maradonaitis wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

When you are on a genre identity situation, thats when you really REALLY suffer.
Genre identity it's probably the most marginalized group in today's society. Transgender population in my country had a Life expectancy of 30 something, and you can find probably the same statistic in every single country in the world.

The whole notion of classifying countries as first, second, and third world is obsolete today. Gone are the days of NATO and the Communist Bloc. Yes, the common notion means that third world countries are the poorer, underdeveloped, backward nations, but it's just a loose term now a days.

On LGBT issues, ummm, Thailand is considered the world capital for transgender people and it's Third World. Nepal is the same - but it has legalized same-sex marriage when giants like India and China haven't been able to iirc.

So, it's not just "third world vs. first world," when it comes to LGBT; the majority of the people in the world seem to find them "queer," and it's still considered a taboo in many parts of the world. Just look at the so called human rights capital of the world and the nation that sells freedom - America. LGBT is a MAJOR issue and when it comes to that, human rights seem to take another turn.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Angelito wrote:The whole democracy mumbo-jumbo won't allow Russia to get back to America in terms of super power, so I can understand where Putin is coming from. He's not a dictator but like China - he wants stability to ensure Russia gets back to its heydays. Russia is still the 2nd most powerful nation in the world (arguable with China, especially due to China's economic growth) and the Western ideal certainly doesn't apply to Russia, even though the minorities may believe that they are being suppressed. Personally, I feel bad for them, but in this political tug-off war - the casualties will always be there.

From what I know, the majority of Russians seem to be happy under Putin. The "one size fits all," formula of the West is definitely ringing the wrong bells in people's head.

Maradonaitis wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

The whole notion of classifying countries as first, second, and third world is obsolete today. Gone are the days of NATO and the Communist Bloc. Yes, the common notion means that third world countries are the poorer, underdeveloped, backward nations, but it's just a loose term now a days.

On LGBT issues, ummm, Thailand is considered the world capital for transgender people and it's Third World. Nepal is the same - but it has legalized same-sex marriage when giants like India and China haven't been able to iirc.

So, it's not just "third world vs. first world," when it comes to LGBT; the majority of the people in the world seem to find them "queer," and it's still considered a taboo in many parts of the world. Just look at the so called human rights capital of the world and the nation that sells freedom - America. LGBT is a MAJOR issue and when it comes to that, human rights seem to take another turn.

But we don't treat them anywhere near as bad as Russia does. We have our issues, but they're slowly getting better and it's widely more accepted each and every day.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:05 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
Angelito wrote:The whole democracy mumbo-jumbo won't allow Russia to get back to America in terms of super power, so I can understand where Putin is coming from. He's not a dictator but like China - he wants stability to ensure Russia gets back to its heydays. Russia is still the 2nd most powerful nation in the world (arguable with China, especially due to China's economic growth) and the Western ideal certainly doesn't apply to Russia, even though the minorities may believe that they are being suppressed. Personally, I feel bad for them, but in this political tug-off war - the casualties will always be there.

Maradonaitis wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

But we don't treat them anywhere near as bad as Russia does. We have our issues, but they're slowly getting better and it's widely more accepted each and every day.

good post Angelito, and you are right, i was just trying to point that a gay man/woman has a relative easy life comparing with a transgender person, and thats where the main focus should be.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:11 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:

Maradonaitis wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I know that, mate.

That's why I said that those minorities are casualties in a political war and whether America wants to be part of it or not - it sure as hell does - the casualties will continue because the aim for Russia is to get back to the "two world" era - not brick by brick, but at least in terms of being able to dictate terms again.

In this "survival of the fittest," mentality - somebody has to pay.

Even when you look at Japan, which is considered westernized totally these days and is only in the East geographically, LGBT people flock to America from Japan because it's easier to live in America as homosexuals than in Japan. America is relatively liberal as compared to a Russia or a China, but it's also the "upholder" of human rights and freedom, and when conservative countries like Thailand and Nepal have embraced LGBT societies, USA still lags behind.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby uvrays » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:15 am

He is Bad.....ass

Nah seriously, he is terrible.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 am

Angelito wrote:The whole democracy mumbo-jumbo won't allow Russia to get back to America in terms of super power, so I can understand where Putin is coming from. He's not a dictator but like China - he wants stability to ensure Russia gets back to its heydays.

Russia and China back away from democracy because they realise what its true purpose is and its not to give you or me the vote its to allow corruption into the choice of who runs the country.

There is a reason why America try to push democracy on every country they invade in case no ones noticed Germany and France don't seem to give a sh*t what model a country uses but the US and the UK ............

The reason for that is because America essentially controls the money market / capitalism via Wall Street which tbf takes its initial orders from The City of London.

America already has dented Russia by attacking their economy, becoming a democracy leaves Russia open for an all out takeover.

Democracy is a tool to make you and I think we have a choice but unless you haven't noticed there are only ever two realistic choices Democrats / Republican or Conservative / Labour.

So is that really choice? when for example both parties serve the same masters, we have a central bank, there is only one real ruler and its not the politicians who sit in office for a maximum of 4 years till election time.

What system do you know would really hand over the keys to the kingdom to a new personality every 4 years? Presidents and Prime ministers are commercial court jesters trained to make you think they are virtuous, pious, sincere people who lead you to a better life ........... I'll ask you this, how many years have we been told we will get a vote on the EU? no what your supposed to do is have your vote and shut up.

Minor things change, nothing they can't revoke next election anyway.

The last time there was a president who was either to stupid or was never told his real station was John .F. Kennedy, a good man .......... but not a bright one.

They tried to palm it off in the JFK movie that he was assassinated due to not going to Vietnam, BS, they could of got to Nam in 4 years with the next President, what's the rush? they want a war they'd of got one.
No what he did was tried to print a new currency that didn't owe interest to the Federal Reserve to eventually pay off the interest from the Dollar and reboot the currency under Government control .............. = dead JFK.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:01 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:The whole democracy mumbo-jumbo won't allow Russia to get back to America in terms of super power, so I can understand where Putin is coming from. He's not a dictator but like China - he wants stability to ensure Russia gets back to its heydays.

Russia and China back away from democracy because they realise what its true purpose is and its not to give you or me the vote its to allow corruption into the choice of who runs the country.

There is a reason why America try to push democracy on every country they invade in case no ones noticed Germany and France don't seem to give a sh*t what model a country uses but the US and the UK ............

The reason for that is because America essentially controls the money market / capitalism via Wall Street which tbf takes its initial orders from The City of London.

America already has dented Russia by attacking their economy, becoming a democracy leaves Russia open for an all out takeover.

Democracy is a tool to make you and I think we have a choice but unless you haven't noticed there are only ever two realistic choices Democrats / Republican or Conservative / Labour.

So is that really choice? when for example both parties serve the same masters, we have a central bank, there is only one real ruler and its not the politicians who sit in office for a maximum of 4 years till election time.

What system do you know would really hand over the keys to the kingdom to a new personality every 4 years? Presidents and Prime ministers are commercial court jesters trained to make you think they are virtuous, pious, sincere people who lead you to a better life ........... I'll ask you this, how many years have we been told we will get a vote on the EU? no what your supposed to do is have your vote and shut up.

Minor things change, nothing they can't revoke next election anyway.

The last time there was a president who was either to stupid or was never told his real station was John .F. Kennedy, a good man .......... but not a bright one.

They tried to palm it off in the JFK movie that he was assassinated due to not going to Vietnam, BS, they could of got to Nam in 4 years with the next President, what's the rush? they want a war they'd of got one.
No what he did was tried to print a new currency that didn't owe interest to the Federal Reserve to eventually pay off the interest from the Dollar and reboot the currency under Government control .............. = dead JFK.

completely agree with this

the whole democracy notion is the biggest joke there is when only the parties that are supported by a rich few can ever get the exposure to win an election. In reality the same forces are in charge and no matter who's in power the background forces are the ones who control things through lobbying and other political activities.

If politics was ever intended to represent the people groups would be able to pool to hire lobbyists and lobbyists would be able to accept contingency payments. Instead the way things are lobbying is only available to the very wealthy corporations and to anyone else else who wants their voices to be heard have to go to council meetings or whatever and pray that the people in power decide to listen to them.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to The Big Debate