Was Ched Evans correctly convicted in the first place?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Ched Evans, guilty or not guilty of rape?

Guilty
27%
Not Guilty
73%

Total votes : 15

Re: Was Ched Evans correctly convicted in the first place?

Postby Trina » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 am

Héctor24 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:he wouldnt be able to pick his life back up if he was a plumber or office worker tbf

its why i'm more sympathetic towards men that have been accused of rape than i am the people doing the accusing. A rape accusation can ruine a mans life whilst well on the other side yes it could do if you were raped by someone with aids or something but it's not really likely.

What the actual f**k? Are you absolutely utterly mad?

Rape ruins the life of people, you don't get over rape. It affects you even years down the line. This is bullshit

being falsley accused is worse imo. It does more tangible damage to peoples lifes. I dont really care about the feelings part. You can always get over feelings not being able to get a job and the damage done to families is far worse than post truamatic stress.

Would i rather be raped or falsley convicted of rape?

certainly raped.

Complete idiot. Im sure women who have been raped would be really impressed seeing a post like this.

It's not a few feelings and they can get over it, its the rest of their life that is ruined.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:28 am

Same old Salt and Wenger.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Trina wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:he wouldnt be able to pick his life back up if he was a plumber or office worker tbf

its why i'm more sympathetic towards men that have been accused of rape than i am the people doing the accusing. A rape accusation can ruine a mans life whilst well on the other side yes it could do if you were raped by someone with aids or something but it's not really likely.

Rape ruins the life of people, you don't get over rape. It affects you even years down the line. This is bullshit

being falsley accused is worse imo. It does more tangible damage to peoples lifes. I dont really care about the feelings part. You can always get over feelings not being able to get a job and the damage done to families is far worse than post truamatic stress.

certainly raped.

Complete idiot. Im sure women who have been raped would be really impressed seeing a post like this.

It's not a few feelings and they can get over it, its the rest of their life that is ruined.

the bolded part is completely irrelevant i'm sure people who have been falsey convicted of rape will be impressed.

I'm not sure why you believe only women can be raped what about the thousands of men that get raped in prisons? they get over it. I dont really care about hurt feelings anyway not being able to get a job for the rest of your life is far worse than being sad on it's own.

also please follow your rules

Flaming

Flaming is basically abusing members either on the forum or via PM. It is not tolerated and will result in your removal from the site. We do operate a warning system, whereby one offence will generally get you a ticking off, but further offences will trigger warnings to a maximum of three.

can we not have adult conversations without throwing around insults
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:39 pm

LOL!

Men find it as hard or even harder to get over it, precisely because of attitudes like yours

Ffs, forget rape, even abuse survivors take years upon years to GET OVER IT.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 pm

UFGN wrote:Look im not siding with this Hector idiot, just pointing out that accused is not the same as guilty.

Completely agree with that too, false accusations can be damaging.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:00 pm

let me ask people a question is being raped worse than going out to war and being left disabled? Is it even worse than going to war? These are mental traumas that we're willing to push people towards and it's pretty much accepted in this society.

Rape is bad dont get me wrong but people act like it's even worse than being murdered. If there was an unusually high rate of suicide for victims then i would understand however there isnt. Rape victims get more support than soldiers we send out to battle. I'm sorry but if i got raped as a woman i know i would get all the support in the world. As a man maybe it would be different however if i was falsely convicted of rape.

1. i would go to jail
2. i would probably be f***ked up in jail and probably raped as well
3. I wouldnt be able to get a job when i came out
4. I would probably be alienated from a lot of friends and family.
5. Oh yeah and the whole time i would feel sad too

There's no comparison in my opinion, i certainly would rahter be raped than falsely convicted.

If people disagree outline why in the detail that i've given. Not oh that sounds so ridiculous. Or x or y is really sad you should be ashamed. Construct an argument.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Maradonna » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Trina wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

certainly raped.

it is an unpleasent topic but your reaction its very uncalled for, specially coming from our supreme leader.
He made a very politically incorrect remark, but his point still stands, Rape accusation can absolutely ruin a person life, its such an sensible topic that i suggest not to discuss it unless we made it clear that every single woman should be heard and protected, that womans are in inferiority of strengh and opportunities and that justice is never enough reparation, still the point remains, A had a case in my school, a 15 years old girl accused a guy from my class (17 Years old) of gang raping her, when we all knew that she was absolutely on board with the idea and she loved it, she was doing it in revenge because he "cheated" her afterwards. the guy had to change schools and eventually moved away.
As an outsider i can tell by been a daily reader of many british pappers, you guys trow the term to easly, everything is rape, and everyone is a rapist. and its not that simple.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maradonna » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Héctor24 wrote:lRape is bad dont get me wrong but people act like it's even worse than being murdered..

and this is why your rethoric is anywhere near ready to discuss this serious topic.
either that our you are just a sad human being.
Rape can be worse than been murdered, much worse.
you have no idea whatsoever.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maradonna » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Héctor24 wrote:l

There's no comparison in my opinion, i certainly would rahter be raped than falsely convicted.

a clown and an internet personality, im done with you.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Maradonna wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:lRape is bad dont get me wrong but people act like it's even worse than being murdered..

and this is why your rethoric is anywhere near ready to discuss this serious topic.
either that our you are just a sad human being.
Rape can be worse than been murdered, much worse.
you have no idea whatsoever.

it depends which perspective you lookat it from i guess. Maybe if people only consider themselves being raped could be worst than being murdered (especially if you have a preference for not living). However i doubt anyone would say that they would rather their family member be murdered than raped.
Last edited by Héctor24 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Maradonna wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:l

a clown and an internet personality, im done with you.

falsely convicted of rape is what i meant to say.
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Héctor24 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:16 pm

just an example how it can ruin someones life
Héctor24
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Maradonna wrote:
Trina wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

certainly raped.

it is an unpleasent topic but your reaction its very uncalled for, specially coming from our supreme leader.
He made a very politically incorrect remark, but his point still stands, Rape accusation can absolutely ruin a person life, its such an sensible topic that i suggest not to discuss it unless we made it clear that every single woman should be heard and protected, that womans are in inferiority of strengh and opportunities and that justice is never enough reparation, still the point remains, A had a case in my school, a 15 years old girl accused a guy from my class (17 Years old) of gang raping her, when we all knew that she was absolutely on board with the idea and she loved it, she was doing it in revenge because he "cheated" her afterwards. the guy had to change schools and eventually moved away.
As an outsider i can tell by been a daily reader of many british pappers, you guys trow the term to easly, everything is rape, and everyone is a rapist. and its not that simple.

Have to say I agree with a lot of this.

I have never experienced being raped/being accused of raping but they both are very serious matters, if I'm honest both would destroy me equally. One has hideous mental affects, the other also but not as detrimental but if you actually are convicted then your life is pretty much over.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:17 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Anyway, I think he did rape her

One of them was not convicted. Why? Because she gave consent to him earlier.

On the other hand, she never consented to Evans. Let's see what happens, but I trust the jury, they know more than we do. A lot of the stuff that we do know was specifically leaked out by Evans and Co to make themselves look innocent

WTF HAVE I JUST READ.

They were having a threesome. Ched said she said 'Yes', she 'doesn't remember'.

The jury ruled that she was too drunk for her 'Yes' to count but it counted for the other guy having sex with her which is what all the fuss is about.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Trina » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Maradonna wrote:
Trina wrote:
Héctor24 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

certainly raped.

Where did I mention about false accusations?

I didn't because I totally agree it can also ruin a persons life.

For someone to say I would rather be raped is a cruel and ridiculous comment. Unless you have been through rape you can not say how easy it is to get over.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate