Ched Evans, rehabilitation of criminals etc

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Ched Evans, rehabilitation of criminals etc

Postby Zedie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:47 am

Money.

Sponsors start threatening to pull out.

Who wants to be the chairman that brought a club tumbling down because they decided to make a stand for a convicted sex offender.

"We may not have a club anymore, but we sure showed the boo boys".

Doubt it.

Choose the club or some bloke? Yeah, Laters Ched.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 am

Maybe some non-league club like Barnet might be interested, money plays less of a part outside the football league.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby squiggle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:25 am

Some people are too sure he's innocent. There are miscarriages of justice but plenty of people protest their innocence when they're guilty as hell.

In general I'm very much in favour of rehabilitation, but there are exceptions. I wouldn't want a police officer convicted of brutality to continue being a police officer (except perhaps behind a desk). Would I want a convicted rapist having his name sung by children? I'd be pretty uncomfortable with it.

But if he's innocent? (I'm reminded of the Alan Partridge sketch:

'ALAN: Well, with the greatest respect, the police are hardly likely to arrest him if he's innocent, are they?

NICK: With slightly less respect, haven't you heard of wrongful arrest?

ALAN: No.

NICK: Guildford four, Birmingham six -

ALAN: Well, yes, but that's different. Now, they are innocent.'
)

If he's innocent he certainly hasn't helped himself by not distancing himself from suporters who have, apparently, been harassing the woman in question. And from a brief look at his site, some parts of it seem a little unconvincing. The bit about the 'win big' tweets, for example, which says 'All of the above is entirely accurate and whilst it does not in any way confirm the meaning of the ‘win big tweets’, one could perhaps draw their own conclusions. Well, what conclusions? How was she going to get money from a conviction? We're meant to infer something negative but we're not really given much reason to do so.
‘Sometimes I watch Match of the Day to see how we’ve been perceived. It’s better to watch it with the sound turned down.’
squiggle
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:19 am

He has done exactly that though and said they are not his supporters and he doesn't condone their actions :dontknow:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby squiggle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:38 am

When did he first do that, though? Was it only yesterday? Because that would be a bit late.

It's quite possible that I've missed a previous statement, though. I haven't been following it too closely because it's all too depressing.
‘Sometimes I watch Match of the Day to see how we’ve been perceived. It’s better to watch it with the sound turned down.’
squiggle
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:22 pm

nope yesterday is correct.

hadn't seen the twitter stuff myself tbh so dunno when people started abusing the girl in favour of ched and can't comment whether it's too late or not. i've lost interest after the threats to oldham making them pussy out, hope he gets a club because this is all just ridiculous now and there shouldn't be a huge issue. just needs a club with money will to sacrifice some sponsorship to get a decent lower league striker.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Bring him home! Id welcome him back.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AAIRE99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Mesüt wrote:This apology thing still makes me laugh, say he did rape her and then goes 'I'm sorry' would that make it any better? :D

Not even at you billo because I've seen it in the paper reports and discussions about it, I just don't get why people are like 'he hasn't apologised' as if it would be so much better had he done so. Obviously an innocent man shouldn't apologise so it's fair enough he hasn't if he's telling the truth.

NP mate, im just saying he needs some good f***ing PR the guy doesn't f***ing help himself he should have been grovling or at least issuing a statement like he did yesterday as soon as he was out of jail. I accept most your points Mesut but he has been 100% badly advised here. There are murderers signing for other clubs.

Yorky makes a good point, he has an appeal. Thinking about it Yorky does it matter? I think that falls under being pig headed. He needs to recover his life as best he can he is where he is and all. his appeal plays f**k all part in his future tbf maybe if he decides to go into coaching.
Last edited by AAIRE99 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby AAIRE99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I should also add that nothing has been said about Courtney Meppen-Walter who joined Carlisle a year ago after being released from prison for killing someone.

This just gets better and better will someone please get Loose Women off the f***ing TV at once. Enough and enough.

Jesus f***ing Christ. Lee Hughes and the f***ing Ice Pick Killer what next? Bundy for Stoke?
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby AAIRE99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:05 pm

Guys, I think we should start a petition or sign one on Cheds behalf here, who the f**k are these 60K muppets signing a petition to keep him out of football when they know nothing. Anyone got a link post it im in.

This case is f***ing absurd. Id expect to see this kind of shit in Ireland tbh. Not in the f***ing UK. Its a f***ing farce.

How the f**k does Ched Evans ever need to rape anyone? If she said no hed just walk off and laugh.
It reminds of RVP being accused of rape, remember that guys? he played for Arsenal back then.

The poor girl was actually vilified, I don't even think he stood trial over it.
For the record I remember laughing at that floozy reading what she said about RVP.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby AAIRE99 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Guys, I think we should start a petition or sign one on Cheds behalf here, who the f**k are these 60K muppets signing a petition to keep him out of football when they know nothing. Anyone got a link post it im in.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Il be honest here. I don't care enough, well I don't care at all whether he has a club or not to sign a petition. He was shit anyway and now he's shit with baggage. Not a good combo.

Saying that, if a club wants him then get him. Don't chicken out cos of a few mindless thugs.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby squiggle » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:59 am

Yorkyblue wrote:I should also add that nothing has been said about Courtney Meppen-Walter who joined Carlisle a year ago after being released from prison for killing someone.

But there is a difference in that Courtney Meppen-Walter accidentally killed two people while behaving in a criminally reckless way. Chad Evans - if you believe that he's guilty - didn't accidentally rape anyone. I think it's the accidental part that's the difference (rightly or wrongly).
squiggle
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:01 am

Well either way it was accidental cause she consented but was too drunk to mean it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:09 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Well either way it was accidental cause she consented but was too drunk to mean it.

i cant believe this is the world we live in

:rofll:
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate