Should Fox hunting be made legal again in the UK? Discuss

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Should Fox hunting be made legal again in the UK? Discus

Postby Callum » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:29 pm

I despise this right-wing rhetoric where they don't even have the balls to just come out and admit truthfully why they're against something. They say fox hunting should be allowed to control the population but really it's about going on a jolly with your mates and partaking in a blood sport to get off on. It's the same with gay marriage - the debate is that it "tarnishes the tradition" of marriage but really it's about a bunch of close-minded idiots who feel the need to deprive others of happiness just because the thought of two blokes going at it makes them uncomfortable.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Callum wrote:I despise this right-wing rhetoric where they don't even have the balls to just come out and admit truthfully why they're against something. They say fox hunting should be allowed to control the population but really it's about going on a jolly with your mates and partaking in a blood sport to get off on. It's the same with gay marriage - the debate is that it "tarnishes the tradition" of marriage but really it's about a bunch of close-minded idiots who feel the need to deprive others of happiness just because the thought of two blokes going at it makes them uncomfortable.

This. If you have to hide your motives as to why you believe something, then it's pretty clear that you know it's wrong and you should probably think about changing your mind.

RE: gay marriage, my favourite cop out is the "but that's what the dictionary says!" argument. Our prime minister trotted that one out and you could almost feel half the country facepalm at that very moment.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:foxes being chased before they die is irrelevant. It's not as if they know they're going to die during the chase they just react on instincts and run.

http://www.animalethics.org.uk/foxhunting.html

Claim: Hunted foxes my die even when they are not killed directly by a hunt. Some foxes may be too exhausted to recover and subsequent lack of hunting success leads to a downward spiral of starvation, susceptibility to disease and an early death.

Claim: Foxes escaping the hounds after a long chase may die from stress long after the hunt

thats why we need to make sure more dogs are allowed on hunts then this scenario is less likely
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:56 pm

No1Fan wrote:
. Some foxes may be too exhausted to recover and subsequent lack of hunting success leads to a downward spiral of starvation, susceptibility to disease and an early death.

Claim: Foxes escaping the hounds after a long chase may die from stress long after the hunt

thats why we need to make sure more dogs are allowed on hunts then this scenario is less likely

It's even less likely if you don't hunt them.

Lol.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:foxes being chased before they die is irrelevant. It's not as if they know they're going to die during the chase they just react on instincts and run.

http://www.animalethics.org.uk/foxhunting.html

Claim: Hunted foxes my die even when they are not killed directly by a hunt. Some foxes may be too exhausted to recover and subsequent lack of hunting success leads to a downward spiral of starvation, susceptibility to disease and an early death.

:lol:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:42 am

Dr Hansom Davidoff wrote:Can we introduce "Incompetent manager hunting" instead

How about Tory hunting?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby UFGN » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:06 am

Est83 wrote:

How about Tory hunting?

Fukinel the money I would pay, and the weapons I would use......

:cloud9:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Callum » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm

UFGN wrote:
Est83 wrote:

How about Tory hunting?

Fukinel the money I would pay, and the weapons I would use......

:cloud9:

Dildos.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:15 pm

:grin:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby badup » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:57 am

Wait, so in the UK a "hunt" means you get a pack of dogs to chase an animal down and maul it to death?

How the hell is that humane?

Disclaimer: I'm from the USA and I hunt. I've never seen dogs used as the method for killing an animal however, and I eat all the game I kill.
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:22 am

badup wrote:Wait, so in the UK a "hunt" means you get a pack of dogs to chase an animal down and maul it to death?

How the hell is that humane?

Disclaimer: I'm from the USA and I hunt. I've never seen dogs used as the method for killing an animal however, and I eat all the game I kill.

Its a relic of a bygone era that is still clung to by a tiny minority of disgusting individuals, who are almost all right wing conservatives and most of whom are rich.

They try to claim that fox hunting is needed and that it is humane. Obvious lies but they dont have the guts to just admit they enjoy having animals ripped to pieces in the name of sport.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby badup » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 am

I guess I don't understand how unleashing dogs to kill an animal even constitutes hunting.

That sounds like some shit you'd see in the Roman Colosseum.
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 pm

badup wrote:I guess I don't understand how unleashing dogs to kill an animal even constitutes hunting.

That sounds like some shit you'd see in the Roman Colosseum.

look at it more as pest control

it's easier to understand that way

i guess mouse traps should be illegalised too because they often do not kill instantly( unlike the pack of dogs) and they often leave the mouse in significant pain, and left to starve to death.

Also gassing cockroaches should be illegal too, definitely not humane.

People like to prioritize the importance of certain animals but as long as they arent mine or anyone elses pet or property they're all the same to me. Rats cockroaches foxes.

If you can have farm cats that deal with rodents i see no reason why you cannot have hounds that deal with foxes.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Redsky1 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:40 pm

I personally think that fox hunting is a very cruel sport against a lovely animal like foxes, and yes I strongly believe that fox hunting should be made illegal.
Redsky1
Liam Brady

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Thank God for the SNP
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to The Big Debate