Gay Marriage

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby LMAO » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:51 am

Maradonaitis wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Brandon wrote:I can't speak for the rest of the world, but all of this discrimination in America (from slavery to racial discrimination to race mixing to gay marriage) comes directly from interpretations of the Bible. Here, people have used the Bible—and continue to do so—to justify their bigotry for all the aforementioned discriminations, as well as others not mentioned. It has nothing to do with tribal traditions or any of that stuff. When you use your holy book, your god, and Christianity to justify an action, it's most definitely concerning religion. It's about religion, it's always been about religion, and it will continue to be about religion until the last religious person ceases to exist in America.

no, i can justify pederasty with anthropology, that does not make anthropology sick, im the one that is sick.


What does this have to do with people using their religion to justify their bigotry? In America, people straight up come out and say their religion doesn't accept gay marriage. No amount of mental masturbation you engage in is going to change the fact that here in America, it revolves around religious beliefs.

and btw this phrase: and it will continue to be about religion until the last religious person ceases to exist in America
is fascist.


lol. No, it's not. That comes nowhere near the definition of fascism.

religious people is not going to go away by magic, someone would have to do something about it.


I'm not advocating for the extermination of religious people Hitler style. I personally don't care if people are religious so long as they keep their religious beliefs out of the secular sphere (i.e., government and public life).

I'm simply making an observation that religious bigotry won't go away until there are no more religious people. No more, no less.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:51 am

That isis flag at the Pride Parade was actually icons of butt plugs and dildos.

Top kek.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:14 am

Why are they stopping people going to pride? Seems quite discriminating from gay people doesn't it. Quite confusing to me.
Image
User avatar
Yorkyblue
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19249
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Why are they stopping people going to pride? Seems quite discriminating from gay people doesn't it. Quite confusing to me.


Maybe because the organisers knew it was a stunt by a largely racist and prejudiced political party to appear less so while still actually being so.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19765
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 am

Are racist people not allowed to be gay?
Image
User avatar
Yorkyblue
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19249
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:42 am

LGBT organisations are rightly suspicious of organisations that may not have the intetests of gay people and equal rights at heart.

Things change over the years, the Police and armed forces now take part for example, but I think UKIP, with several members who have very recently been cought making racist and intolerant comments, including about HIV patients, should not be at Pride.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19765
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:46 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Why are they stopping people going to pride? Seems quite discriminating from gay people doesn't it. Quite confusing to me.


Hypocrisy. Promotes inclusivity yet refuses to allow those who might have an off chance of slightly not agreeing with them.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9047
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Git » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:50 am

They have the right to not agree with them. Do they have a right to not agree with them on a day that they're celebrating their right to be gay without persecution? No.
MML
User avatar
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11825
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:55 am
Location: West Sussex, UK

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:29 am

Brandon wrote:
UFGN wrote:Lots of stars and stripes at LONDON pride today

Im here

Im queer

And im drinking beer


I saw on CNN earlier that some dude was there with an ISIS flag. f***ing shame

But other than that cünt, I hope it was a great day for everyone involved.


Not sure if you actually saw the flag, but it was a pisstake... it was covered in dildos, not Arabic. Image
Our specialist in failure can f**k off
If you support this fraud and still think you're an Arsenal fan, you're wrong
User avatar
ThereIsBearCüm
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15430
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Straya

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby LMAO » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Brandon wrote:
UFGN wrote:Lots of stars and stripes at LONDON pride today

Im here

Im queer

And im drinking beer


I saw on CNN earlier that some dude was there with an ISIS flag. f***ing shame

But other than that cünt, I hope it was a great day for everyone involved.


Not sure if you actually saw the flag, but it was a pisstake... it was covered in dildos, not Arabic. Image


:redface: I just saw it from far off

In that case, LOOOOOOOL that's hilarious. Kuddos to that comedic genius :rofll:
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby VCC » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:51 am

UFGN wrote:Ukip W****rs turned up at Pride despite being told to stay away

Not welcome at Pride

Not welcome in London

Not welcome in our country

BUT GAY GOONER CONTINGENT WAS THERE COMPLETE WITH BANNERS

:goal1:

well done to them :) :)
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8308
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby 22-0 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:52 am

thats a buttplug
User avatar
22-0
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3705
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby VCC » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:32 am

22-0 wrote:thats a buttplug

you plugged your what :dontknow:
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8308
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:I think he's making the point that there is more than Leviticus against it.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 for example.



That is still religion.

lol canonical texts are not religion.
you are very messed up.
you read the texts as a fundamentalist yet you complain about fundamentalism
Harris is a walking contradiction, dont take that road.



Listen. You just aren't getting what I'm saying. Who gave you the authority to define what religion is? Who are you to think that you know what the text mean and say and how to interpret them? All I'm saying is, that some people in this world don't have a valid reason to oppose gay marriage, and they only do so because of what their religion tells them. They can't come up with any better excuse instead of "because god said so", you can't argue that. Whether you want to call it religion or not is besides my whole point.

And you need to open up your mind a bit, and stop assuming that just because I am a fan of Sam Harris that I live and breathe everything he says. I have a mind of my own, I don't live but what Sam writes in his blogs or books. So stop with your childish narrow minded accusations about what you assume I think and believe.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35691
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Callum wrote:I just don't get why people give a shit so much. How does two blokes getting married affect your life in any negative way?

f***ing old, bigoted c*nts


This is why I'm so proud of the Founding Fathers for having the foresight to know that separation of church and state would be best for America. Can't believe these f***ers are still trying to put their outdated holy book in secular law. f**k your marriage ideals because marriage =/= Christian values, and marriage was a thing wayyyyy before religion came about. Also, I love how they get so riled up about little things like gay marriage when they don't have a problem themselves eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabric clothing. Bunch of cherrypicking asswipes.

Good thing their influence is dwindling by the day. First the Confederate flag. Then Obamacare. Now gay marriage. It's certainly been a week of utter fails for them. When will they learn that they're fighting a losing battle?

it is not about religion, its about tribal tradition.
Its about fearing what it is unknown.
This is great on so many levels because it was a very conservative supreme court that voted for it.
The Reagan/Nixon ideology that poisoned the south is finally being cleaned.
Next elections are critical.
As i always said to the americans that i know.
"you hold the destiny of the entire planet when you vote for president" if you vote "correctly" it impacts on the entire world population.
hopefully hillary gets elected.
it would be terrible to have another bush for 4 years again.
f**k republicans
f**k them hard.



Fearing what is unknown is probably part of why religions were created. So yes, it is definitely about religion, because if it didn’t have that specific part in Leviticus we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

just no,
if you wanna know about what religion is and how religion works you dont go and ask to a neuroscientist (i know you are a Harris lover) you go to Harvard divinity school.



You're not even making sense, this has nothing to do with that. :dizzy:

yes it does, you put canonical text as the major force of why gay people where persecuted.
when you ignore that even some christian sects were practicising same sex marriage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelphopoiesis
by blaming persecution on religion we are just ignoring reality.
reality is that, as religion justifys hate, also science does:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

again, blaming religion on why same sex marrage was not legal in the USA is a very unsophisticated way of analizing the situation, is the easy way out.
The manual was 130 pages long and listed 106 mental disorders.[14] These included several categories of "personality disturbance", generally distinguished from "neurosis" (nervousness, egodystonic).[15] In 1952, the APA listed homosexuality in the DSM as a sociopathic personality disturbance. Homosexuality: A Psychoanalytic Study of Male Homosexuals, a large-scale 1962 study of homosexuality, was used to justify inclusion of the disorder as a supposed pathological hidden fear of the opposite sex caused by traumatic parent–child relationships. This view was widely influential in the medical profession.

you dont see anyone claiming science is the reason why homosexuals where persecuted.

Religion is not the enemy.
neither is science. they are just lenguages to describe the human experience.



You're just making a bunch of assumptions that are all wrong based off a sentence or two. My point is that there are other factors, but to say that religion isn't one of them is ignorant.

ignorant is taking a cannonical text that was written 2000 years ago and take it literally.
you are just as ignorant as a fundamentalist.



I'm not that one doing that, I'm saying they are the ones doing that you dumb f**k!!! Know you're f***ing argument before you open your idiotic mouth. FFS!!! :BangHead: :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35691
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEXBot [Crawler], Yago and 1 guest