Gay Marriage

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby JohnDuval » Fri May 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Le Chat wrote:Image

so someone who doesn't agree with gay marriage is a nazi now?
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 24, 2013 12:30 pm

JohnDuval wrote:

No. They are unquestionably a bigot though.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JohnDuval » Fri May 24, 2013 12:33 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
JohnDuval wrote:

seems to be the mentality of some people, if they don't go along with the way they want they are branded a bigot
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 24, 2013 12:35 pm

JohnDuval wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
JohnDuval wrote:

seems to be the mentality of some people, if they don't go along with the way they want they are branded a bigot

It's not because they don't go along with the way that people want that they get branded a bigot, it's because they're bigots that they get branded a bigot :lol:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 pm

On this issue, yes it is fair to use the word bigot.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Kyle? wrote:
Le Chat wrote:
Kyle? wrote:I disagree with this, just because it's a bit daft and opportunistic. A gay marriage devalues the concept of marriage in general, and whilst i have nothing against gay people, surely they should have been happy with a civil partnership, which is basically marriage in all but name anyway? Why feel the need to upset all the traditional marriages?

Slavery and sexism were also "traditions" should we have kept them too.

:rolleyes:

Different things entirely. Slavery is abhorrent, and thankfully we saw sense to end it, and sexism is hardly comparable.

In 2 centuries, people will be saying "marriage inequality is abhorrent, and thankfully we saw sense to end it".
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JohnDuval » Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't think gay people should be allowed to get married, civil partnership fine. If that makes me a bigot, nazi, or right wing looney then fine
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby JohnDuval » Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
Le Chat wrote:
Kyle? wrote:I disagree with this, just because it's a bit daft and opportunistic. A gay marriage devalues the concept of marriage in general, and whilst i have nothing against gay people, surely they should have been happy with a civil partnership, which is basically marriage in all but name anyway? Why feel the need to upset all the traditional marriages?

Different things entirely. Slavery is abhorrent, and thankfully we saw sense to end it, and sexism is hardly comparable.

In 2 centuries, people will be saying "marriage inequality is abhorrent, and thankfully we saw sense to end it".

You cant compare slavery with gay marriage ffs
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Kyle? » Fri May 24, 2013 12:42 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

I keep seeing the term "devalues" used...

How does Bob and Steve or Lucy and Sara getting married reduce the worth of your marriage? Your marriage, my marriage, and anyone else's marriage is what I, YOU, and THEY make out of the marriage and there's nobody in this world that can change that based on their sexual preference.

I'm thinking of the kids here. As i'm not married, and have no intention of ever getting married (i actually like having money), i'm thinking about life if someone's parents had gone batshit crazy in this scenario. If your mother had married another woman, it would be odd, and you would likely have been bullied for it. If your dad had married another guy, same scenario, same outcome.

If same sex people get married, then it's going to mess families in general up. You try explaining to an inquisitive 8 year old why 2 men are getting married, rather than the traditional male and female.

Because they love each other. Is it really that hard?

And your first point is victim blaming. The problem is that people are bullying the kid, not that the kid has same sex parents.

So what if they love each other? They're still going to ruin their kids lives anyway. The law says they can't get married, and if the House of Lords has any sense, it'll stay that way. And supporting this viewpoint doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me sensible and old fashioned.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm

JohnDuval wrote:I don't think gay people should be allowed to get married, civil partnership fine. If that makes me a bigot, nazi, or right wing looney then fine

So you admit you're a proud bigot. Your opinion is irrelevant then.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Kyle wouldnt you prefer a future where people have finally got over themselves on this issue and there is no bullying because of it?

It will stop, in time. But first there must be equality under the law. For what its worth I had a mate at school whose mum was a raving lezzer and he didnt get bullied.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 24, 2013 12:48 pm

JohnDuval wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
Le Chat wrote:

You cant compare slavery with gay marriage ffs

So compare it to mixed race marriage then. Your argument still looks just as bigoted.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Kyle? wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

I keep seeing the term "devalues" used...

How does Bob and Steve or Lucy and Sara getting married reduce the worth of your marriage? Your marriage, my marriage, and anyone else's marriage is what I, YOU, and THEY make out of the marriage and there's nobody in this world that can change that based on their sexual preference.

I'm thinking of the kids here. As i'm not married, and have no intention of ever getting married (i actually like having money), i'm thinking about life if someone's parents had gone batshit crazy in this scenario. If your mother had married another woman, it would be odd, and you would likely have been bullied for it. If your dad had married another guy, same scenario, same outcome.

If same sex people get married, then it's going to mess families in general up. You try explaining to an inquisitive 8 year old why 2 men are getting married, rather than the traditional male and female.

Because they love each other. Is it really that hard?

And your first point is victim blaming. The problem is that people are bullying the kid, not that the kid has same sex parents.

So what if they love each other? They're still going to ruin their kids lives anyway. The law says they can't get married, and if the House of Lords has any sense, it'll stay that way. And supporting this viewpoint doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me sensible and old fashioned.

+1

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby JohnDuval » Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
JohnDuval wrote:I don't think gay people should be allowed to get married, civil partnership fine. If that makes me a bigot, nazi, or right wing looney then fine

So you admit you're a proud bigot. Your opinion is irrelevant then.

According to you about half the population are bigots just because they don't support gay marriage
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Youngie » Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 pm

This act will get passed imho, I'm sure your going to just have to deal with it.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate