Gay Marriage

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Gay Marriage

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:48 pm

http://uk.businessinsider.com/scott-wal ... z3eBY9jK2y

The fightback begins. The further right are so furious this week after losing this battle and the confederate flag being made illegal.

This is a good ruling, Russia next?............nah.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:http://uk.businessinsider.com/scott-walker-calls-for-marriage-amendment-to-constitution-2015-6?r=US#ixzz3eBY9jK2y

The fightback begins. The further right are so furious this week after losing this battle and the confederate flag being made illegal.

This is a good ruling, Russia next?............nah.

dont forget obamacare.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

I just don't get why people give a shit so much. How does two blokes getting married affect your life in any negative way?

f***ing old, bigoted c*nts
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Don't really give a shit.

Well done for them.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Jackson » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Well yeah, but even if you're an obc I don't see how you can square opposition with basic fairness, equality etc. (And Cripps, you should give a shit because people who curtail freedom for one lot of people will do it to another lot of people if they get away with it)
And here's to you Mathieu Flamini
Arsene loves you more than you will ever know (wo, wo, wo, wo)
Jackson
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Rural Murica

Opposed to gay marriage, actually have by laws hundreds of years old that make it legal to marry your livestock.

mkay.

Amazed it took this long to get over it tbf, but at least they got there.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Callum wrote:I just don't get why people give a shit so much. How does two blokes getting married affect your life in any negative way?

This is why I'm so proud of the Founding Fathers for having the foresight to know that separation of church and state would ultimately be best for America. Can't believe these f***ers are still trying to put their outdated holy book in secular law. f**k your marriage ideals because marriage =/= Christian values, and marriage was a thing wayyyyy before religion came about. Also, I love how they get so riled up about little things like gay marriage when they don't have a problem themselves eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabric clothing. Bunch of cherrypicking asswipes.

Good thing their influence is dwindling by the day. First the Confederate flag. Then Obamacare. Now gay marriage. It's certainly been a week of utter fails for them. When will they learn that they're fighting a losing battle?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Maradonna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Brandon wrote:
Callum wrote:I just don't get why people give a shit so much. How does two blokes getting married affect your life in any negative way?

This is why I'm so proud of the Founding Fathers for having the foresight to know that separation of church and state would be best for America. Can't believe these f***ers are still trying to put their outdated holy book in secular law. f**k your marriage ideals because marriage =/= Christian values, and marriage was a thing wayyyyy before religion came about. Also, I love how they get so riled up about little things like gay marriage when they don't have a problem themselves eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabric clothing. Bunch of cherrypicking asswipes.

Good thing their influence is dwindling by the day. First the Confederate flag. Then Obamacare. Now gay marriage. It's certainly been a week of utter fails for them. When will they learn that they're fighting a losing battle?

it is not about religion, its about tribal tradition.
Its about fearing what it is unknown.
This is great on so many levels because it was a very conservative supreme court that voted for it.
The Reagan/Nixon ideology that poisoned the south is finally being cleaned.
Next elections are critical.
As i always said to the americans that i know.
"you hold the destiny of the entire planet when you vote for president" if you vote "correctly" it impacts on the entire world population.
hopefully hillary gets elected.
it would be terrible to have another bush for 4 years again.
f**k republicans
f**k them hard.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:30 pm

To reiterate what Brandon just said, marriage has been in existence since before every current major religion, so to block gay marriage on religious grounds is baseless.

I made the same point earlier on in this thread and went head to head on a radio phone in with some evangelical Christian t**t using the same argument a couple of years ago.

Equality has to be total. I'm going to London Pride tomorrow with a colleague who is old enough to remember when being gay was illegal and having to dodge the police like a criminal. Against that recent history there is no room for having a sense of humour about this shit or waiting for bigoted c**** to slowly get over themselves.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Can I point out that the first amendment was only put in because all the states had different denominations of Christianity as their main religion so they did that to avoid promoting one branch over another.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
Brandon wrote:

This is why I'm so proud of the Founding Fathers for having the foresight to know that separation of church and state would be best for America. Can't believe these f***ers are still trying to put their outdated holy book in secular law. f**k your marriage ideals because marriage =/= Christian values, and marriage was a thing wayyyyy before religion came about. Also, I love how they get so riled up about little things like gay marriage when they don't have a problem themselves eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabric clothing. Bunch of cherrypicking asswipes.

This is great on so many levels because it was a very conservative supreme court that voted for it.
"you hold the destiny of the entire planet when you vote for president" if you vote "correctly" it impacts on the entire world population.
f**k republicans
f**k them hard.

Fearing what is unknown is probably part of why religions were created. So yes, it is definitely about religion, because if it didn’t have that specific part in Leviticus we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maradonna » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:12 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Brandon wrote:

f**k republicans
f**k them hard.

Fearing what is unknown is probably part of why religions were created. So yes, it is definitely about religion, because if it didn’t have that specific part in Leviticus we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

just no,
if you wanna know about what religion is and how religion works you dont go and ask to a neuroscientist (i know you are a Harris lover) you go to Harvard divinity school.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:
Brandon wrote:

f**k republicans
f**k them hard.

just no,
if you wanna know about what religion is and how religion works you dont go and ask to a neuroscientist (i know you are a Harris lover) you go to Harvard divinity school.

You're not even making sense, this has nothing to do with that. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:19 pm

I think he's making the point that there is more than Leviticus against it.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 for example.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I think he's making the point that there is more than Leviticus against it.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 for example.

That is still religion.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate