Who will you vote for in 2015?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Who will you vote for in 2015?

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Callum wrote:I might get hammered for saying this, but I see UKIP as a wolf in sheep's clothing. In their manifesto, they claim to "recognise the numerous threats to British identity and culture", which just reeks of xenophobia, and their 31% flat tax on income over £11,500 would constitute as huge tax cuts for the rich. They also reject the idea of climate change and calls for renewable energy, whilst many of their members are in support of reintroducing capital punishment.

Not a fan.

Nowt wrong with a bit of casual xenophobia.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Not sure but here are my current opinion on the options

Conservative: I don't consider their time in parliament to be as bad as people make out. I disagree with a lot of their policies (bedroom tax, workfare, some changes to health and education for example) and despite agreeing that benefits need to be reformed I hate the parties rhetoric and the rhetoric of their papers against benefit claimants so much that it almost makes me want to dismiss them entirely. However they have not screwed the low income families completely like many people were fearing and have done some good things like raising the tax threshold and stopping the fuel increase. The jury is out though and I am not inclined to vote for them yet, I will see what happens over the next year or two.

Labour: I have never voted for them and am not quite sure on what their policies are at the moment but I am sure they will be more vocal in the next year or two. They are most likely to be an anti vote if I do vote for them. While I consider the coalition to be mostly reasonable so far I know the conservatives are capable of making some absolute zinger moves which I would hate and some of their policies I dislike now like privatisation of parts of the NHS could have worse consequences than I thought and leave me wroth with the party. In either case a vote for labour could remove them from power and may lead to a reversal of policy so it is an option. It would have to take a lot though as Milliband as PM fills me with 0 confidence.

Lib Dems: Voted for them a couple of times and I understand why they formed a coalition government and don't hold it against them. However most of the parties supporters do and most are now ex supporters. All the gains over the years gone and the Lib Dems will fade to nothing in the next election. I would be happy to vote for them again if their election policies reflect their previous ones but it will not be to any effect.

UKIP: I love watching Farage on youtube but that is it. I would not vote for them as I don't like their policies and am turned off by their rhetoric. On another note I would not vote for any party whose name is based on one policy, even if I agree with that policy and in this case especially when it is not a policy I agree with.

Greens: I don't even think there is a greens representative in my borough.

Not vote: I have not voted before and is my most likely course of action at the moment. Especially as my borough is a set in stone labour seat. I would be much more inclined to vote if we had proportional representation (I still hold the Tories anti PR campaign against them) but right now I see no real point. It will really depends on how I am feeling on the day.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Youngie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Good post Rev.

I like you have voted Lib dem in previous elections. I find what they did regarding tuition fee's shocking though. I think its going to take them a long time to recover from that. Students were the foundation of that party and they've blown it. It also scares me that they are the most EU friendlily party. They would push us further into federalism imho.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Miss Arsenal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Le Chat wrote:Good post Rev.

I like you have voted Lib dem in previous elections. I find what they did regarding tuition fee's shocking though. I think its going to take them a long time to recover from that. Students were the foundation of that party and they've blown it. It also scares me that they are the most EU friendlily party. They would push us further into federalism imho.

Yes, they are the most EU friendly party who came first in a by-election in Eastleigh, with UKIP, arguably the most Anti-EU party coming in second. So what does that say about UKIP? They are currently nothing other than a protest vote against the Tories because they are not right-wing enough and until they decide to have more policies that just closet racism and Euro scepticism, they will continue to be just a protest vote. Farage like so many politicians talks a good game, but when you pick apart all the jargon he spews, you seen realise UKIP are a single issue party.

It’s kind of ironic that I’ll be studying Political Science come September and I absolutely hate every single politician out there!
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Youngie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Miss Arsenal wrote:Yes, they are the most EU friendly party who came first in a by-election in Eastleigh, with UKIP, arguably the most Anti-EU party coming in second. So what does that say about UKIP?

For somebody who will be studying political science at uni there is a lesson you could learn right here and now.

UKIP on the day won the most votes, the only thing that beat UKIP in the by election is the postal vote. The Lib dems called a swift by election ensuring other parties would not have a lot of time to go out and canvass for votes. The Lib dems share of the vote was down 14.48%, UKIP's went up 24.2%

The lib dems held that seat with a massive majority, they held the seat for nearly 20 years. It was being billed as a two horse race between the Conservatives and the Lib dems, with UKIP not standing a chance. Yet once the final votes were in UKIP were a mere 1000~ votes behind. The genral consensus about the result was that there was only one true winner in that by election, UKIP

UKIP on the Rise

:Peace:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Youngie on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:40 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
gzagee wrote:I don't play along in politricks...

Same here.

It doesn't matter who gets in, your f***ked either way.

ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:16 pm

The Lib Dems have alienated all the students and the fact that they broke a pledge to vote against tuition fees means that they are not going to ever be in government again so they're going to try and push every one of their policies onto the British people. That being said, people don't want what they offer anyway (AV, Lords reform etc.) You can't blame them for being pro-EU because their leader is Dutch.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

The Lib Dems have alienated all the students and the fact that they broke a pledge to vote against tuition fees means that they are not going to ever be in government again so they're going to try and push every one of their policies onto the British people. That being said, people don't want what they offer anyway (AV, Lords reform etc.) You can't blame them for being pro-EU because their leader is Dutch.

I was all for AV i didn't see them ever getting it though, David Cameron isn't that stupid. I 100% agree with you the lib dems are going to struggle for quite a while after what they've done under Cleggy. They are going to a spurs a collapse big time when it comes to the 2015 election.

Its all about the county council elections in may, if UKIP can get a good number of councilers they'll give themselves a good foundation when it comes to the general election in 2015.

:pray:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Jay22 wrote:So, which party is the conservative one and which is liberal in Britain? Are there any moderate ones in the picture as well?

Im reliably informed by someone who has lived in both countries that the entire mainstream political spectrum in Britain fits within the political boundries of your Democratic Party. We have nothing as far to the right as your Republicans, except for two small right-wing parties who dont have a single MP between them.

Apparently that view is generally accepted by politcal caommentators.
Last edited by UFGN on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Youngie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:44 pm

If Ukip get that many votes I will buy a Spurs Shirt and wear it to an Rrsenal match.

It just wont happen.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Youngie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:52 pm

UFGN wrote:If Ukip get that many votes I will buy a Spurs Shirt and wear it to an Arsenal match. (I shall hold you to this)

It just wont happen.

Read all about it - http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

It could very well happen. The company who run this poll (Opinium) are political experts. I'd be getting to the shops and be buying a spurs shirt if i were you.

;)
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Le Chat wrote:
UFGN wrote:If Ukip get that many votes I will buy a Spurs Shirt and wear it to an Arsenal match. (I shall hold you to this)

It just wont happen.

It could very well happen. The company who run this poll (Opinium) are political experts. I'd be getting to the shops and be buying a spurs shirt if i were you.

;)

I tell you what I will change the terms of my commitment. If they poll 17 per cent or above I will donate £100 to goonersworld. My money is safe as houses.

UFGN

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm

I actually thought the Lib Dems were alright until they betrayed their own members, sided with the Tories for very little gain for their own and propped David Cameron up for a term. Nick Clegg has set them back decades, almost like he was a Tory plant all along.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Youngie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
Le Chat wrote:

It just wont happen.

;)

I tell you what I will change the terms of my commitment. If they poll 17 per cent or above I will donate £100 to goonersworld. My money is safe as houses.

Well let me change the percentage then ------- 15%

Only 2% off :dontknow:

Do we have a deal

:contract:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate