North Korea

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: North Korea

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:If things look like they are about to go I wonder if China would consider invading NK itself, deposing the regime and creating a puppet for themselves, I know the western world will raise eyebrows but that is surely better than a nuclear war where major powers are obliged by treaty to jump in.

Always thought it would be the Americans who would invade. But i think your right China is probably the only foreign power that could keep the state stable. Caucasian nations invading Asian lands would not look to pretty and would be hard to swallow in the east. The question is are china willing to take that risk, surely Russia should come out from the cold and do bit more to resolve this. There wouldn't even be a north Korea if it wasn't for Russia
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 pm

1950's NZ had troops in Korea seems history always repeats I don't think he will do anything he wants to be a big player and do as the big boys do,truth is it would be suicide to act out on his verbal shite
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm

I really think if it got too hot China could end the situation with one phone call. "Thats enough, back off or else".

I hope China have the common sense to put an end to this if it becomes necessary. Its in no-ones interest for a nuclear power to be threatened like the US is being threatened..

That map also poses an interesting scinario.... If NK did fire a nuke at Alaska would the Russians shoot it down?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 pm

They wouldn't even need to, China or Japan could.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Git » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm

All hot air.

No country is stupid enough to start a nuclear war.

Yet.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm

UFGN wrote:I really think if it got too hot China could end the situation with one phone call. "Thats enough, back off or else".

UFGN your on the money as per usual

I think China is the main player in this game of risk. My opinion is that this is a good way for them to test the resolve of the international community namely the US. They get to have a mock run on US actions towards a rouge eastern state. I feel if China were truly threatened by this they could squash it in a heart beat. They might lets its run its cause and gage some reaction

:dontknow:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 am

Apparently they've set their sights on Japan now.
Point to note: should anyone try and invade Pyangyong just remember there's a small army of 1 million fanatical soldiers waiting to greet them.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:16 pm

gzagee wrote:Apparently they've set their sights on Japan now.
Point to note: should anyone try and invade Pyangyong just remember there's a small army of 1 million fanatical soldiers waiting to greet them.

I'd be willing to bet that there would be a good number willing to defect if given the chance.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Git » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Not so sure.

These guys have probably been brainwashed from birth.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Git wrote:Not so sure.

These guys have probably been brainwashed from birth.

Very true, however, I watched a few documentaries about NK, and there were a few detractors that mentioned many North Koreans want to leave, they're just too afraid to say so for fear of being put into a prison camp.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Big Debate