North Korea

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

North Korea

Postby gzagee » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 am

Provocation or posturing?

Outlier or rogue state?

Shoould their threats be considered serious or just bravado?

And why aren't the US/UK and UN talking about dispelling the threat of WMDs and bringing down Kim Jong Un??????
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: North Korea

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 am

I would say the only countries they are a legitimate threat to are South Korea and themselves. Really have no idea if it's just bravado or they do intend to do as they say, but if hypothetically they actually launched a nuke sophisticated enough for transcontinental flight, it would be intercepted. Still a nuke going off anywhere isn't good.

The problem with trying to do anything proactive are the civilians. As mad as their leadership regime appears to be, invading the country would be a terrible idea in my opinion.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I think for once the USA is doing the right thing. In conflict management you are tought to let someone whose angry just shout until they run out of steam.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Lol
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Massa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:13 pm

:rofll:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Japan and South Korea (and maybe anyone who lives in Guam) are the only ones who should be worried at all. Apparently their missiles can barely (and even that's if they're very luck) reach Australia, and even if they do all they can do is hit the top end... no one lives there. Apart from from Japan and South Korea, they don't really have anyone within that range who they'd be pissed enough at to nuke.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:47 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Japan and South Korea (and maybe anyone who lives in Guam) are the only ones who should be worried at all. Apparently their missiles can barely (and even that's if they're very luck) reach Australia, and even if they do all they can do is hit the top end... no one lives there. Apart from from Japan and South Korea, they don't really have anyone within that range who they'd be pissed enough at to nuke.

Seems like they might be able to hit all of Alaska and northern Australia (Darwin could be in trouble)... maybe :dontknow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17399847

Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby m4lcs67 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:53 pm

He is a very dangerous person. Surely he must know that if he started with nuclear weapons North Korea and also South Korea would be wiped from the face of the planet along with a good portion of the surrounding countries. Nuclear fall-out is not a respecter of borders. While this nutcase and his generals are tucked up in a nice comfy nuclear bunker the rest of his people can go to hell. The Chinese could do with keeping their heads as well, otherwise we could have a very serious problem indeed.
The man is a colossal idiot with his finger on the button. While he is sabre rattling, all it will take is one mistake and there will be hell to pay.
Malc
m4lcs67
Michael Thomas

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:06 pm

To be honest, he just acts like he has been let loose in daddy's office and been allowed to play on the main computer while throwing a tantrum because he can't get into the safe.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:To be honest, he just acts like he has been let loose in daddy's office and been allowed to play on the main computer while throwing a tantrum because he can't get into the safe.

I don't think its him, he's the puppet for the population to follow. Experts believe its his aunt (Kim Kyong-hui) she was Kim jong il's sister. She looks like the boss in this recent photo. :hiding:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... power.html
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Dont think anything will happen. The Korea saga has been going on for years now.
I'd be very suprised if they were really that dumb to do anything, they have no chance.

If it would really go to serious war, I dont think our world economy will be in serious trouble
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Le Chat wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:To be honest, he just acts like he has been let loose in daddy's office and been allowed to play on the main computer while throwing a tantrum because he can't get into the safe.

I don't think its him, he's the puppet for the population to follow. Experts believe its his aunt (Kim Kyong-hui) she was Kim jong il's sister. She looks like the boss in this recent photo. :hiding:

Is it me being daft but doesn't she look suspiciously like Kim Jong-Il in drag?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Le Chat wrote:

Is it me being daft but doesn't she look suspiciously like Kim Jong-Il in drag?

Well she is his sister. Relatives have been know to look alike ;)
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm

North Korea have a history of grandiose bluffs but if an emergency UN security council session is suddenly called then things may be more imminent than they seem.

I just cannot believe how they are going on, it is as embarrassing and pathetic as it is frightening. How any countries government can behave like that is beyond me.

China is the key, they are North Korea's historic friend but their economy is so tightly tied to the US that a war between them is one of the last things they need. If things look like they are about to go I wonder if China would consider invading NK itself, deposing the regime and creating a puppet for themselves, I know the western world will raise eyebrows but that is surely better than a nuclear war where major powers are obliged by treaty to jump in.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to The Big Debate