Real men

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Real men

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:57 pm

JohnGooner wrote:
VCC wrote:
JohnGooner wrote:Toy soldier, aye? Kronickaos is a Yank, I haven't the slightest bit of idea what they feel about the term, but as. Brit officer, how about you lot tell me why you used this term?

And as far as 'anybody can pull a trigger', certainly, can you pull a trigger while being faced with one yourself? When my mates were bombed when we were shaking hands with children (yeah, takes a coward to hide behind kids, but these are the kind of cowards we face in Afghan) and we had to do everything possible to get the injured and the dead out of there, was it an 'everybody can pull a trigger' situation? How about when a few of these terrorists were hanging a 6 year old boy?
I'm not even going to put myself into this, but I buried enough mates and family members to keep this country free for them to be called 'toy soldiers'.

good for you there is a war on the streets of most cities,people dont get to go home from it,gans street thugs maffia all after a drug trade mostly,i get pissed off when governments will deploy troups to sort some other countries problems,yet over look what some people have to put up with in thier back yard.but then the arms trade is worth alot of money to these governments aye,like i said good for you but you inlisted to do a job and you should,but when you get to go home think of the poor bastard in YOUR country that dont get to go home from their shit meighborhood that plays russian roulette getting the kids to school.there aint nothing like getting shot at in your OWN HOME,you can join in for safty lasts awhile but when you take the colours off it gets real interesting.

I don't know where you're from, but as dangerous as some places are in Britain (in certain cities at least, and our London is definitely one of them), it's still nothing like what you're describing (which sounds a bit like a gangsta movie). We're not in Afghan out of the niceness of our hearts, we're there to stop a regime that was founding the bombing of our country. If you have any problem with killings, certainly bombing a bus and an underground train full of defenceless people shpuld be on top your list.
When I get to go home,do you mean every 7 days from guarding duty in the palace, every two months from one of our overseas territories/Europe or after 6 months in Afghan? Obviously only asking because you seem hell bent on making it sound like I'm working 9-5 in a new and clean office and then I of course 'go home all safe and sound while the poor guys on the streets die'.
Are you suggesting losing in your life in a war is less than getting shot at your home? By all means, prove you're not a keyboard warrior and come meet a few wifes and parents who lost their husbands/children.

mate you have no idea,i didnt say you worked 9-5 in an office but i did say you inlisted to do a job,i aint no rambo but i know what i have seen,and most cities in the western world have exactly what i have described at varrying degres,where i live is not as bad as a majority of places,people here lose loved ones too i have burried mates too,key board warrior no survivor yes PTSD comes from the streets to
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby kronickaos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 pm

JohnGooner wrote:Toy soldier, aye? Kronickaos is a Yank, I haven't the slightest bit of idea what they feel about the term, but as. Brit officer, how about you lot tell me why you used this term?

And as far as 'anybody can pull a trigger', certainly, can you pull a trigger while being faced with one yourself? When my mates were bombed when we were shaking hands with children (yeah, takes a coward to hide behind kids, but these are the kind of cowards we face in Afghan) and we had to do everything possible to get the injured and the dead out of there, was it an 'everybody can pull a trigger' situation? How about when a few of these terrorists were hanging a 6 year old boy?
I'm not even going to put myself into this, but I buried enough mates and family members to keep this country free for them to be called 'toy soldiers'.

Mate I'm from San Francisco which is liberal heaven. I've had people call me a murderer and tell me to f*ck off and die. Some bloke insinuating we're "toy soldiers" on the internet really doesn't get me wound up. We know what we do and have done, regardless of what someone posting on football forum types.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby JohnGooner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

Hear hear mate, I suppose I want people to back up their words. Otherwise it sounds like they think it's cool to think the west is murdering the poor Afghans.
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

kronickaos wrote:

Mate I'm from San Francisco which is liberal heaven. I've had people call me a murderer and tell me to f*ck off and die. Some bloke insinuating we're "toy soldiers" on the internet really doesn't get me wound up. We know what we do and have done, regardless of what someone posting on football forum types.

exactly,you are doing your job,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JohnGooner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 pm

And every job is the same, isn't it? Doctors and door to door salemen, for example, can both be tar with the same brush?
And since it's only a job, could you do it?
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TheArsenalPost » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 pm

Any job where you put your life on the line on a daily basis gets my respect.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 pm

JohnGooner wrote:And every job is the same, isn't it? Doctors and door to door salemen, for example, can both be tar with the same brush?
And since it's only a job, could you do it?

mate put ya f***ing ego aside i am not even going to go there in what i have done or havnt done FFS,you inlisted to do a job many dont get to serve in warfare you have,well done you,i have said good for you and f***ing mean that,what i have said but your ego over looked it was governments of this world are quick to step into such places with little regard to what happens in their back yard,now unless you are a politition also i would think that aint your problem,could i do the job YES in my own back yard. i wonder what peoples vocations are that have been party to mass shootings are they all soldiers i think not normal people who take their kids to school not to come home,its a f***ing wide world try looking out of the fuckinh square,and stay safe you are doing a good job.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby kronickaos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 pm

VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

Haha you slag it off like it's no big deal. We went out to Taliban controlled areas with Seal Team 7, took control of an area, built an outpost, and then sat there taking fire on a daily basis for 4 months until it was handed over to an Army Ranger unit. Please tell me ANY other job where you face mortar, AK-47, RPG, and RPK fire on a daily to semi-daily basis...
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:33 pm

kronickaos wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

Haha you slag it off like it's no big deal. We went out to Taliban controlled areas with Seal Team 7, took control of an area, built an outpost, and then sat there taking fire on a daily basis for 4 months until it was handed over to an Army Ranger unit. Please tell me ANY other job where you face mortar, AK-47, RPG, and RPK fire on a daily to semi-daily basis...

its your f***ing job you want to be a real man ok,YOU ARE A f***ing REAL MAN happy now.could you take care of two interlectually handicaped kids for over forty years on your own,is that man not a real man either.dont need to be shot at or shoot people to be a real man,i would say how that effects you or how you use the experience should you survive makes the man IMO
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheArsenalPost » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm

VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

its your f***ing job you want to be a real man ok,YOU ARE A f***ing REAL MAN happy now.could you take care of two interlectually handicaped kids for over forty years on your own,is that man not a real man either.dont need to be shot at or shoot people to be a real man,i would say how that effects you or how you use the experience should you survive makes the man IMO

I don't think they are defining "men" as only those who are in war situations. Just that their job is hard.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:37 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

I don't think they are defining "men" as only those who are in war situations. Just that their job is hard.

Exactly. VCC you're acting as if they are saying you can only possibly be a real man if you go to war.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kronickaos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm

VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

Calm down mate, it's not that serious. A real man is a man who takes care of his shit, whether it be taking care of handicapped kids, adopting a kid that isn't his, providing for his family, or eating steak and not wearing skinny jeans :D
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

Exactly. VCC you're acting as if they are saying you can only possibly be a real man if you go to war.

you all have the wrong end of the f***ing stick or i cant explain myself,they are doing their job,hard job AT WAR TIME i agree,HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY KUDOS TO THEM.the point i tried making but got grossly overlooked is why not sort the shit in their own dung heaps first and that comesback to governments.would you guys bear arms in a civil war in your own country not picking just currious to see if that would have a different mindset for you taking up arms
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 pm

VCC wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
VCC wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

you all have the wrong end of the f***ing stick or i cant explain myself,they are doing their job,hard job AT WAR TIME i agree,HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY KUDOS TO THEM.the point i tried making but got grossly overlooked is why not sort the shit in their own dung heaps first and that comesback to governments.would you guys bear arms in a civil war in your own country not picking just currious to see if that would have a different mindset for you taking up arms

We're talking about what it takes to be a real man, not politics.

And yes, it is hard to read your comments because they read like a bunch of run on sentences.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm

well a real man to me is the one that devotes his time and energy to his loved ones.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate