The NHS

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: The NHS

Postby Trina » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Thinking Rev? Its happening mate.

Is there any chance of a u turn?

I know this may sound dramatic but I think the decision to close it is criminal. People will suffer and many will die who might have been saved in emergencies as the new "local" hospital will not be able to cope.

I read on the BBC earlier they have until 1st Feb to review the report and make a decision.

It seems to be happening all over the country. This is from my local..
THOUSANDS more emergency patients could be treated at Pinderfields Hospital under plans to make it the district’s only full A&E department.

Only full A&E department is just a complete joke. They can't handle what they have already so how they can cope with another 2 hospitals patients being transferred to them is just beyond me!

The reorganisation is expected to save millions of pounds at Mid Yorkshire, which faces a £26m deficit at the end of the financial year.

But an executive summary released ahead of Thursday’s meeting said the preferred option would need capital funding of almost £38.5m by 2016-17.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby sd477667 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 am

Hospital closures are to do with silly PFI deals that happened under Labour, nothing to do with Tories (or Liberals). Lewisham being a prime example, it is all down to Labour and nobody else.

You can't go back to the old fashioned way as the Unions will demand far too much money for doing very little (as that is what they do). Privatisation (started under Labour) should work but alas greed cocks it up.

People are moaning about the cost of HS2, but did you know the Defence budget had exactly the same sized black hole created by Labour, that is just how crap they were.

Anybody voting Labour should be sectioned as they clearly are stark raving mad based on the mess Labour left the country in.
sd477667
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby sd477667 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21358905

a prime example, it is not politicians or lack of funds that create this, just crap staff

why no doctors have been struck off is mind blowing
sd477667
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Est83 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Historically the Tories live for privatisation, you can't pretend that they wouldn't be trying to find ways of privatising the NHS had the PFI contracts not already been there... there's talk of privatising the MET afterall. Gotta love those OxBridge Eton types right?

The Con-Dems both criticised the PFI contracts but have not addressed them in anyway since taking office.

It's true that the PFI contracts are f**king things up, the NHS national deficit is £200k per week, but they also have to make £500k per week payments to PFI contract holders. Yes Labour introduced this, but the Con-Dems are seeing it through, licking their lips at the 'donations' they recieving from PFI contract holders.

... talking about striking people off :doh: When the hospitals need to make as many cutbacks as they have, of course standards will fall! Take out the PFI contracts and the NHS would actually have a surplus of funds as opposed to a debt. There would be no understaffed shifts, no stretched labour on 16 hour shifts, there would be a much less stressful and pressured environment and hospitals would be able to do their jobs properly.

But f**k it, and f**k the poor right? :rolleyes:

I can see you're anti-labour, which is fair enough. It's not as though New Labour represent the working people of this country anymore. But what of the Tories? You want to talk about damage caused by previous governments then you need to look into the almost irreversible damage caused by that absolute k*** from hell Thatcher!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby sd477667 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:29 pm

What can the coalition do about the mess Labour left? Pay off all the PFIs and put tax up to 90%??

Mid Staffordshire has nothing to do with the Tories, they had funding coming out of their ears, yet people died because of incompetent staff, what would you do, give them all a pay rise and tell them they are doing a cracking job?

Labour wrecked the health service, but I'd not expect someone so blinkered against the Tories to realise that. Where do you think Labour politicians went to school and Uni, oh yes same place as the Tories.

Not health related but Labour managed to create a 37 billion black home in the defence budget, they are that incompetent! Light bulbs at £1000 each does that, they just love wasting our money, utterly clueless.
sd477667
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 pm

It started with Thatcher, that's why I'm so blinkered against the Tories, and yes I know New Labour are no better (didn't I address that in my last post by criticising PFI?)

You won't find me voting for either party, or their little lap dog Libs that will no doubt be part of the next coalition government with New Labour.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby sd477667 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:28 pm

So what did MT do to the health service? As I don't recall her selling it off or saddling it with debts or non essential non medical staff?

Amazes me folk still harp on about MT, she was the best leader this country has ever had.
sd477667
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Trina » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Thought I'd post it in here. An NHS colleague potentially sueing the NHS?

I went to see my stop smoking woman the other day. We went into things and I told her about the cervical cancer I had, to which she replied oh god don't get me started on that.

Turns out she had the same treatment as me and same doctor, hers wasn't cancer luckily. Although her GP told her it was, the doctor who does the surgery told her it wasn't, then the GP told her again it was, doctor told her it wasn't :dizzy: Turned out it wasn't.

She went for her checkup 6 months after and it turns out they really messed her cervix up and the only option is hysterectomy. After the 1st surgery it should be 12 weeks before you have it done again like I did. (and that went wrong as it was still too soon!). They did hers after 8 weeks, no wonder they screwed it up.

Feel sorry for the woman, she can't have kids because of how they messed it up. Why they would do it after 8 weeks is beyond me! She said her family are saying to sue, but she wants to get the hysterectomy out of the way first.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby TheArsenalPost » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Oh my God, I don't blame her, that's really awful. How can the medical system screw that up?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby sd477667 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 am

TheArsenalPost wrote: How can the medical system screw that up?

Incompetence I'm afraid - lot of it about, and it has nothing to do with funding, these people are very well paid.
sd477667
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Previous

Return to The Big Debate