Gordon Brown - Coward?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Gordon Brown - Coward?

Postby Fordy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:16 pm

Yes, he was going full steam ahead towards an election when Labour were 11 points ahead in the polls only for David Cameron to claw back that lead and in some polls even take the lead himself. Brown should either have put up or shut up and not allowed his advisers to stoke up speculation of an election only to back down and this could cause irreperable damage to the Prime Ministers authority
Fordy

Re: Gordon Brown - Coward?

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 pm

( :lol: i was gona jus say i like brown, then thought about it :lol: :oops: )

i dont think u can blame him, conservatives got the whole inheritance tax thing just as the whole election thing was starting so they would attract extra voters with that and have momentum.

i think brown will be a beast for uk, i like him.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby SE13 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:57 am

Yep, he's a coward.

Personally, I believe he thought he would romp the election, so went ahead with all the media hype. Then The Conservatives pulled level in the opinion polls, and he thought to himself "Whoa"

To lose The General Election now would be the biggest own goal in political history. Brown waited ten years to get in there in the first place, and to blow it within three months would be disaster, and he knows it! And it's not a risk he seems prepared to take.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Libertine » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:29 am

I don't think the PM should have the right to call an election early.

I think the rules should be changed so you have a set term time, and an election at the end of that.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CLS » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 am

gordon stole the conserative idea on inheratance tax :lol: :lol:
cameron is fuming
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:21 am

Libertine wrote:I don't think the PM should have the right to call an election early.

I think the rules should be changed so you have a set term time, and an election at the end of that.

Agreed.
Though i do think Brown will make for a good PM, if he's in office long enough.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:51 am

CLS wrote:gordon stole the conserative idea on inheratance tax :lol: :lol:
cameron is fuming

conservatives superficial policies are headline grabbing but dont add up

their inheritance tax policy only benefits the top 1.5% (earners/rich ppl)

just watch pmqs on bbc2, cameron was jus name calling and trying to make a joke of brown, brown soaked it up then crushed conservatives with real stats, and proved that hes the daddy

cameron got some soundbites in so the media will prob pick that up, but brown easily defeated cameron today with facts and figures to back everything he said up.

Cameron = immature toff who is has no substance
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby SE13 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:24 pm

CLS wrote:gordon stole the conserative idea on inheratance tax :lol: :lol:
cameron is fuming

Most of Labour is based on pinched policies from The Conservatives, how do you think they got in in the first place? New Labour? Load of cr@p, it was a reinvention aimed at Tory voters, and it worked. It's what's known as "Spin", hence the phrase "spin doctors", the people employed to make you believe all the garbage that every politician spouts out.

I've been around for long enough to know that they are all as bad as each other, and regardless of who gets voted in, nothing ever changes. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. They give with one hand and rob you blind with the other.

The day one of them actually works for a living, slaving their guts out for 12 hours a day just to put a plate of food in front of the family, and does it year in and year out, so is in touch with how the common man lives, is the day I believe the sh!t they keep feeding us. Let's face a basic fact, someone with in excess of £60,000 PLUS expenses before they even start, would have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what real life on the estates of our towns and cities is all about.......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Libertine » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:36 am

SE13 wrote:I've been around for long enough to know that they are all as bad as each other, and regardless of who gets voted in, nothing ever changes. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. They give with one hand and rob you blind with the other.

Spot on mate.

all this 'New Labour' bollocks did is blur the political lines they are, to all intents and purposes, Conservatives.

there is now no party interested in the working class man.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby REG » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Not going against anyone but if Scotland is there own country then why is there a PM that is Scottish in England :shock:
Wales & England share the same rules but Scotland is there own country where's Wales has never been one only apart of the UK so what i'm getting at is that Brown should be with all the other MP's & so on in Scotland
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:09 pm

REG wrote:Not going against anyone but if Scotland is there own country then why is there a PM that is Scottish in England :shock:
Wales & England share the same rules but Scotland is there own country where's Wales has never been one only apart of the UK so what i'm getting at is that Brown should be with all the other MP's & so on in Scotland

oi mug, stop bein a racial tool.

:lol: only jokin

scotland isnt fully independant, plus we supply u english wiv all the good mps, brown, robin cook....................george galloway :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Gooner1992 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:47 pm

course he is! im not even old enough 2 vote yet but i no he is!

y do u think he didnt call 4 that election next month? cos he knows he is gunna lose cos no1 likes him!

he looks like a fish when he talks! t***er !!

[img]

[/img]
Gooner1992
Michael Thomas

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:12 pm

Gooner1992 wrote:course he is! im not even old enough 2 vote yet but i no he is!

y do u think he didnt call 4 that election next month? cos he knows he is gunna lose cos no1 likes him!

how does that make him a coward? a wise choice i'd say.

he looks like a fish when he talks!

:lol:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Gooner1992 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:14 pm

how does that make him a coward? a wise choice i'd say.

thats y i aint old enuf 2 vote yet lol

[img]

[/img]
Gooner1992
Michael Thomas

Return to The Big Debate