Girls of 13 given birth control jab at school

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Girls of 13 given birth control jab at school

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 pm

djaxster wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Part of the reason why I don't want another child is because I'm afraid to have a daughter.

Boys can get in trouble or make you a young Grandad

I understand, and so can girls. But I don't want another child either way, boy or girl.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby djaxster » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:13 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
djaxster wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Part of the reason why I don't want another child is because I'm afraid to have a daughter.

I understand, and so can girls. But I don't want another child either way, boy or girl.

:lol: True one was enough for me
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:15 pm

djaxster wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
djaxster wrote:

Yea, I like kids, and wouldn't take mine back for the world, but I have a hard enough time being responsible myself and taking care of myself, how the hell am I suppose to teach a kid to be responsible and to be an adult, when half the time I don't act like one. :dontknow: :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jacobharris » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
jacobharris wrote:tbf, people are given sex ed from the age of about 10. no matter how much education some people get, they dont listen, or just assume it wont happen to them.

and to the last sentence in the last post. isnt that the point? these people are far to young to be having kids, and this is stopping them?

only concern i would have is if it fucks up thir development, as messing around with hormones with teenagers will almost definitley have long term effects.

Then the education system isn't doing it's job. I had no problems being a normal kid without getting girls pregnant and doing things I shouldn't be doing. It's not just down to schools, parents need to play their part too and the fact they aren't being told about this is a joke.

To your point. No it isn't stopping them. But why not? We need to look inward as a society and work out how and why it has gotten this bad and what we can do about it. Giving these girls birth control at 13, 14 or even 15 gives them the impression it's okay to go off with any Tom, Dick (Excuse that) and Harry available to them because they are protected against pregnancy. Well they certainly aren't protected against STI's.

We have a legal sex age for a reason. Stop facilitating under-age sex. It's one of these fake laws that no one gives a crap about. It's not the same for anything else. We don't say stealing is wrong oh here's a pill, knock yourself out. These laws and rules are in place for a reason.

Surely it would be better to teach, educate and make them understand rather than, here's protection, your gonna do it anyway. Don't make it acceptable.

theyve tried educating them and it doesnt work. educating people doesnt work. everyone from the age of about like 5 know that babies come from sex. and like from the age of 10 up about contraception and whatever. yet they still have sex without johnnies. this a fundamental problem with humans. its not just in the this, apply it too smoking, drinking too much, drugs, drink driving and all sorts of things that we know are dangerous and could end up badly, yet most people ignore it when it comes to them. people are very quick to give advice when its not them, and say how they would have done it. but if youre a horny teenager and someone wants to f**k you, obviously you're going to say yes, cos its pretty much one of the biggest things in there life.

giving these kids contraception at that age, if its safe, is much better than them ending up with kids or abortions which are going to damage them much more in the long run. the world is overpopulated enough to have kids having kids.
jacobharris
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby djaxster » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
djaxster wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
djaxster wrote:

Yea, I like kids, and wouldn't take mine back for the world, but I have a hard enough time being responsible myself and taking care of myself, how the hell am I suppose to teach a kid to be responsible and to be an adult, when half the time I don't act like one. :dontknow: :lol:

:rofll: We must be the US and UK version of the same kind of man. I get drunk and my daughter just act's disgusted. During her 18th birthday bash i was getting drunk and smoking shit with her mates.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 pm

jacobharris wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
jacobharris wrote:tbf, people are given sex ed from the age of about 10. no matter how much education some people get, they dont listen, or just assume it wont happen to them.

and to the last sentence in the last post. isnt that the point? these people are far to young to be having kids, and this is stopping them?

only concern i would have is if it fucks up thir development, as messing around with hormones with teenagers will almost definitley have long term effects.

Then the education system isn't doing it's job. I had no problems being a normal kid without getting girls pregnant and doing things I shouldn't be doing. It's not just down to schools, parents need to play their part too and the fact they aren't being told about this is a joke.

To your point. No it isn't stopping them. But why not? We need to look inward as a society and work out how and why it has gotten this bad and what we can do about it. Giving these girls birth control at 13, 14 or even 15 gives them the impression it's okay to go off with any Tom, Dick (Excuse that) and Harry available to them because they are protected against pregnancy. Well they certainly aren't protected against STI's.

We have a legal sex age for a reason. Stop facilitating under-age sex. It's one of these fake laws that no one gives a crap about. It's not the same for anything else. We don't say stealing is wrong oh here's a pill, knock yourself out. These laws and rules are in place for a reason.

Surely it would be better to teach, educate and make them understand rather than, here's protection, your gonna do it anyway. Don't make it acceptable.

theyve tried educating them and it doesnt work. educating people doesnt work. everyone from the age of about like 5 know that babies come from sex. and like from the age of 10 up about contraception and whatever. yet they still have sex without johnnies. this a fundamental problem with humans. its not just in the this, apply it too smoking, drinking too much, drugs, drink driving and all sorts of things that we know are dangerous and could end up badly, yet most people ignore it when it comes to them. people are very quick to give advice when its not them, and say how they would have done it. but if youre a horny teenager and someone wants to f**k you, obviously you're going to say yes, cos its pretty much one of the biggest things in there life.

giving these kids contraception at that age, if its safe, is much better than them ending up with kids or abortions which are going to damage them much more in the long run. the world is overpopulated enough to have kids having kids.

Whilst I agree with what your saying, especially the last part (I didn't post it in my main post and it was all I thought about and hence the topic), why should parents not be allowed to know if their daughter has the jab?

My 13 year old gets so much attention it scares me. What scares me most is the older lads that are taking notice of her when we go out. I see them staring at her, her back to them and I just want to slap them and say she is only bloody 13!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby TheArsenalPost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:56 pm

They should know. I don't buy the whole "it's better to give them the pill" crap. Take responsibility for your body, your child or your life.

Maybe I'm just old before my time, but when I was 13 I was more worried about playing football with my friends, going out and being a kid than trying to get my dick wet.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 am

TheArsenalPost wrote:They should know. I don't buy the whole "it's better to give them the pill" crap. Take responsibility for your body, your child or your life.

Maybe I'm just old before my time, but when I was 13 I was more worried about playing football with my friends, going out and being a kid than trying to get my dick wet.

Same here. I'm almost ashamed to admit, but I had girls come on to me when I was 16-17 and hardly even took notice. I was obsessed with soccer and baseball, all I did was workout, play sports, work at a batting cage and go to school. Don't regret it either, I made up for it during my college years, when I was smarter about it too.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 am

It's sick to see what the world has become in these aspects. 50 years ago can you imagine telling someone that their 13 year old daughter needs get a contraceptive jab? They would have slapped some sense into you! In my opinion I believe this comes a lot from this modern media. Have you listened to a recent rap song? Nothing against the genre but it's sick how these kids get so influenced by it. And what drives me mad is how kids go through childhood without their parents educating them (sexually). Times their freedom on the Internet, bad parenting, peer pressure and modern media together and you couldn't expect less that this.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:04 am

To do it without even telling the parents sounds illegal.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 am

ChVint22 wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

You afraid she'll go black?

:lol:

Of course not. I'm afraid of any man treating her like I use to treat girls in high school. So I guess I'm afraid of karma.

Haha, that's why my daughter won't be leaving the house until she's 30!

There are people like me and you out there!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am

Another thing. Lads are ok to sleep around. Parents say, Do not get anyone pregnant. A girl on the other hand is labelled a slag, easy etc if she is active.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Well i try to parent one of my girls well but she is a right sod. Says, What can you do ?. Etc. Some of us try but fail.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:16 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Well i try to parent one of my girls well but she is a right sod. Says, What can you do ?. Etc. Some of us try but fail.

"What can i do?" Would be followed by a swift slap in the face. There is what i can do.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Gunnerfromafrica wrote:It's sick to see what the world has become in these aspects. 50 years ago can you imagine telling someone that their 13 year old daughter needs get a contraceptive jab? They would have slapped some sense into you! In my opinion I believe this comes a lot from this modern media. Have you listened to a recent rap song? Nothing against the genre but it's sick how these kids get so influenced by it. And what drives me mad is how kids go through childhood without their parents educating them (sexually). Times their freedom on the Internet, bad parenting, peer pressure and modern media together and you couldn't expect less that this.

Because all rap songs are the same.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate