Sir Jimmy Saville

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Sir Jimmy Saville

Postby SE13 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Opinions? Would he really have done that?

OTOH, are people just gold digging?

Thoughts?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Cannot believe he would have done all that. He has. So disgusting.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 pm

His family appear resigned to the fact that he did. Which I think leaves little doubt.

Dirty old kiddy fiddler. Why it has all come out now rather than a year ago, I don't know. I'd be surprised if the police weren't aware of the the allegations then.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm

I've heard rumours about Saville going on years ago I'm sure.
But I believe the network of power at the Beeb has protected him.
But then again, why didn't they pursue these allegations with more vigour when he was alive?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GSK_AFC » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:29 pm

BBC should close down.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I was going to make a thread the other day about it, it just sickens me. To think when I was a kid and even when he died he was someone I respected from watching Jim'll fix it when I was younger.

Saw all over the papers today about his head stone being taken down and smashed into pieces.

What I can't understand is the hundred or so complaints about him now. Why did no one come out when he was alive? Either way, I do believe what's been said about him.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby GSK_AFC » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Trina wrote:I was going to make a thread the other day about it, it just sickens me. To think when I was a kid and even when he died he was someone I respected from watching Jim'll fix it when I was younger.

Saw all over the papers today about his head stone being taken down and smashed into pieces.

What I can't understand is the hundred or so complaints about him now. Why did no one come out when he was alive? Either way, I do believe what's been said about him.

He was being protected by the BBC and/or the Royal Family IMO.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Trina wrote:Why did no one come out when he was alive?

Apparently a couple of the girls went to the police soon after but the police did nothing out of fear of Saville's reputation and his legal team. I have also heard that some charity workers knew but because of their fear of his legal team (who sued at the drop of the hat) and also the threat of lost money they kept stum. I guess in their minds the millions they were making from Savilles name and the charity work they could do with this was worth the suffering of those children, sickening.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kyle? » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 am

He was investigated in the 70's or early 80's i believe, and there was strong evidence against him then too. Shame the legal system is a weird entity which nobody fully understands.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby djaxster » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:16 am

GSK_AFC wrote:BBC should close down.

One good thing could come out of this.

If the BBC are found out that they covered all this up then the licesense fee should be scrapped.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am

Theres no doubt in my mind that he was a creepy peado.

Even the cheif police investigator said he was cartain that all the evidence pointed to him being an abuser and I firmly believe that he was protected by the BBC/Laywers?Hotel Staff/Other management people which is the real sickeing part of this.

If its found out that the BBC has ANY part in covering this up this, then they should be brought to thier knees.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 am

Everyday there is something about it in the papers. Really is making me realise what a bad person he must have been. In doing this though, Nothing can be gained.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:41 pm

As far as mainstream news revenues are concerned, do you (any of you) not feel that the BBC have generally been the better outlet???

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:10 pm

The BBC are woeful as ever. Even more so since the recession. Do not deserve the licence payers cash. And as for local radio stations. Oooh do not get me started. BBC hang your head in shame.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:12 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Everyday there is something about it in the papers. Really is making me realise what a bad person he must have been. In doing this though, Nothing can be gained.

There's a lot to be gained, the victims can finally have a voice and feel that someone is listening to them rather than what they had to go through for most of their lives, which is being ignored.

It might make other companies think twice about protecting these sick individuals.

Also, hopefully it will bring the rest of the sick animals holed away in the bbc to the surface, so they can be rightly punished for their crimes and their horrible secrets can be exposed.

Even though there are 300 people that have come forward, there are probably many more that haven't. To put that into perspective, that's 10 classes of 30 children that potentially could have been molested by this f***ing scumbag.
It turns my stomach to think that saville lived a life without being punished for his actions, I can only hope there is a hell for him to be burning in.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to The Big Debate