Should the veil be banned in the UK?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Should the veil be banned in the UK?

Postby SuperDumbassman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:38 am

ChVint22 wrote:So are you telling me that even though you are a so called "settler" you wouldn't be mad if the same was happening to your country? you wouldn't be upset if illegal people tried to come into your country and change your way of life? I think you would. Two wrongs don't make a right. So watch who you call ignorant, you dumb ass hypocrite.

The same thing is happening with my country dude. Asylum seekers and shit try and get into our country, if i was in their situation i'd be trying to get into my country too. We've got plenty of room here so i don't see it as a problem.

You guys seem so uptight about "Pakis" or whatever...someone over here tries to change the way we live and the majority of the country tells them to get stuffed.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fordy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:33 am

Can every one please be carefull what is said in this thread.

If anyone is offended by anything in this thread then report it to a member of staff and it will be deleted
Fordy

Postby Cheese » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:00 am

I'm sorry i started this thread, it wasn't about religion or cultures but seems to have turned into something that wasn't intended. :? :(
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:32 am

in regards to the chvint v dumbassman thing

agree with chvint.

think dumbassman(lol not bein harsh but thats ur name) is missing chvints point.

its not the fact that there are simply immigrants coming in, its they fact that they are demanding changes and that the whole pc culture these days is basically saying that americans have to lose their identity in some respects, as to not offend the immigrants. WHICH IS BULLSHIT.

the example of christmas thing happens here too, some companies ban christmas cards in case it offends muslims. WTF!!

can u see a situation, where a group of americans/aussies/brits go to say saudi arabia, and then complain about some muslim thing, do u think they would alter their ways as to not offend us?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:03 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:in regards to the chvint v dumbassman thing

agree with chvint.

think dumbassman(lol not bein harsh but thats ur name) is missing chvints point.

its not the fact that there are simply immigrants coming in, its they fact that they are demanding changes and that the whole pc culture these days is basically saying that americans have to lose their identity in some respects, as to not offend the immigrants. WHICH IS BULLSHIT.

the example of christmas thing happens here too, some companies ban christmas cards in case it offends muslims. WTF!!

can u see a situation, where a group of americans/aussies/brits go to say saudi arabia, and then complain about some muslim thing, do u think they would alter their ways as to not offend us?

Exactly, Thanks Ab-Fab, you couldn't have said it better. I welcome anyone to my country, any race, religion, sex, trans-sex, gay, straight, whatever. I'm the easiest person to get along with in the world, just don't ask me to change my way of life as to not offend you. Its like if you have someone living in your house, its your house, but whatever they want to do in their room is ok and their business, don't come into my room and tell me that a poster or a picture offends you, if you don't like it don't come into my room.

Sorry to Trina and Fordy if this has started some problems.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CLS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:22 pm

An incident occurred in a supermarket recently, when the following was witnessed:

A Muslim woman dressed in a Burkha (A black gown & face mask) was standing with her shopping in a queue at the checkout.

When it was her turn to be served, and as she reached the cashier, she made a loud remark about the English Flag lapel pin, which the female cashier was wearing on her blouse.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, "Yes, I always wear it proudly. My son serves abroad with the forces and I wear it for him".

The Muslim woman then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing and killing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

At that point, a Gentleman standing in the queue stepped forward, and interrupted with a calm and gentle voice, and said to the Iraqi woman:

"Excuse me, but hundreds of thousands of men and women, just like this ladies son have fought and sacrificed their lives so that people just like YOU can stand here, in England, which is MY country and allow you to blatantly accuse an innocent check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen".

"It is my belief that if you were allowed to be as outspoken as that in Iraq, which you claim to be YOUR country, then we wouldn't need to be fighting there today".

"However - now that you have learned how to speak out and criticise the English people who have afforded you the protection of MY country, I will gladly pay the cost of a ticket to help you pay your way back to Iraq".

"When you get there, and if you manage to survive for being as outspoken as what you are here in England, then you should be able to help straighten out the mess which YOUR Iraqi countrymen have got you into in the first place, which appears to be the reason that you have come to MY country to avoid."

Apparently the queue cheered and applauded.

DAM RIGHT TOO
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Git » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:11 pm

CLS, I could cry after reading that.

Beautiful.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby SuperDumbassman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:19 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

agree with chvint.

Exactly, Thanks Ab-Fab, you couldn't have said it better. I welcome anyone to my country, any race, religion, sex, trans-sex, gay, straight, whatever. I'm the easiest person to get along with in the world, just don't ask me to change my way of life as to not offend you. Its like if you have someone living in your house, its your house, but whatever they want to do in their room is ok and their business, don't come into my room and tell me that a poster or a picture offends you, if you don't like it don't come into my room.

Apologies then mate, i misunderstood.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:26 pm

SuperDumbassman wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

agree with chvint.

No problem buddy, understandable. No hard feelings.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Windass10 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:53 pm

SuperDumbassman wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

agree with chvint.

Oi mug dont say the word Removed again and be racial tool.
Windass10

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:57 pm

i dont see what the problem wiv the word Removed is????

u call us scots, u call the "residents of ireland" irish, why can people from pakistan not be called pakis?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby REG » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:04 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:i dont see what the problem wiv the word removed is????

u call us scots, u call the "residents of ireland" irish, why can people from pakistan not be called pakis?

:h:
We're only humen
Racial & RE is bollocks seriously people fighting over it for years & years, it's pointless & waste of a life
The only religion i go by is Arsenal, my church is the Grove (i could go on but it's obs)
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:18 pm

REG wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:i dont see what the problem wiv the word removed is????

:h:
We're only humen
Racial & RE is bollocks seriously people fighting over it for years & years, it's pointless & waste of a life
The only religion i go by is Arsenal, my church is the Grove (i could go on but it's obs)

well said son, well said. I pray to Arsenal every weekend.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 pm

If someone a taken affence to something said then you have to respect them and don't use the word weather you agree with them or not

Take this as a polite warning not to use the word again.

Thank you
Fordy

Postby SuperDumbassman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:17 am

Windass10 wrote:Oi mug dont say the word Removed again and be racial tool.

Oi "mug", i'm fairly sure i quoted that word from another post to prove a point. I've never called someone that mate.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate