Do you think Mitt Romney will be the new US President?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Do you think Mitt Romney will be the new US President?

Postby Kyle? » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Leody wrote:Mate, you have no idea what you're talking about...

Libertarianism isn't a cult.

I know, i wasn't talking about the whole libertarianism angle, i was talking about your blind loyalty to a moron.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Kyle? wrote:
Leody wrote:Mate, you have no idea what you're talking about...

Libertarianism isn't a cult.

I know, i wasn't talking about the whole libertarianism angle, i was talking about your blind loyalty to a moron.

First, he is far from a moron.

He's the most senior and politically powerful of the largest 3rd party in America. That's why he gets so much attention from libertarians. He followers are probably the least blind of any political party. And certainly no worse than Obama's, who hated Bush for his "warmongering" then ignore when ignore when Obama doubles down.

And both the republicans and democrats do everything in their power to try to marginalize him since a growing 3rd party is a direct threat to both of their voting bases. Because he takes half his political platform from each party basically.

Some of his ideas a bit radical, but he isn't a moron and nor are his supporters.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Leody wrote:And are anti war / overseas interference.

That and his focus on the federal reserve is why the establishment s*** themselves over the support he was getting.

To me he just seems like a reasonable, honourable guy who just wants America to look after itself properly and preferably in the way it was originally designed. Some of his ideas point towards radical change but from what I can tell he doesn't like to do things without precedent. I also admire his courage to ask tough questions of the established order and not back down in the face of those who would rather he is silent and the censorship he faced by the media and even his own party.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm

The man is mentally retarded from what I hear...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Leody wrote:And are anti war / overseas interference.

That and his focus on the federal reserve is why the establishment s*** themselves over the support he was getting.

To me he just seems like a reasonable, honourable guy who just wants America to look after itself properly and preferably in the way it was originally designed. Some of his ideas point towards radical change but from what I can tell he doesn't like to do things without precedent. I also admire his courage to ask tough questions of the established order and not back down in the face of those who would rather he is silent and the censorship he faced by the media and even his own party.

Yep, that sums it up well.

Only thing is... I wouldn't really call him a republican. That's just the ticket he runs on to get on the ballot. Republican in name only, or RINO as they call them. His biggest strike against him is he's a "republican" from Texas so people automatically equate him to Bush when they couldn't possibly be more different.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

So excuse my ignorance on this, but why can there only be 2 parties that go to election, whats up with that?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:00 pm

There's nothing that's set in stone that says there can only be two... but it's the nature of the beast of first past the post voting.

Here's an example of why this happens.

Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Ok I understand it more now. That last bit actually describes the Labour/Conservatives/Lib Dems situation over here.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Yep.

And thus, you get elections with nobody you like and people like Ron Paul in parties they don't fit in.

That guy has many other great videos explaining other political issues and why when you roll them all together like America has you get a jacked up system.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am

Interesting video, well explained and gives you another idea of how calculated and manipulated the voting system actually is.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Leody wrote:Yep.

And thus, you get elections with nobody you like and people like Ron Paul in parties they don't fit in.

That guy has many other great videos explaining other political issues and why when you roll them all together like America has you get a jacked up system.

What I hate about our voting system is the damn electoral voting thing. That is by far the dumbest shit way of voting I've ever seen. It's a small part of the reason why I don't vote.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Yep.

What I hate about our voting system is the damn electoral voting thing. That is by far the dumbest shit way of voting I've ever seen. It's a small part of the reason why I don't vote.

Yep, and then add on top of that gerrymandering and redistricting by the party in power every 2 or 4 years and your vote ends up meaning exactly fuckall in the end.

Not that 1 out of a couple hundred million eligible voters would mean much anyhow.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TartanRaven » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Another thing that does me in is how people vote even though they have no idea what or why. A majority vote a particular party because that's what mum and da voted and fear criticism if they don't vote in kind. Then you have literally busloads of a certain racial segment that are told by their so called "religious leaders" to vote a particular way. When idiots are in charge of the vote, you wind up with idiots in charge, full stop.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TartanRaven » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm

To answer the topic question......no. America seems to fancy a welfare state.
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TartanRaven » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:06 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:The man is mentally retarded from what I hear...

The mentally retarded do not find themselves in line to lead a global superpower. Where did you hear this, and is that source reputable, or just some tw*t gobbing off at the local?
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate