UK young to do 3 months free work or lose benefits

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: UK young to do 3 months free work or lose benefits

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 am

Oh and i echo what Git said also.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

UK young to do 3 months free work or lose benefits

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:26 am

But it isn't fair to make hardworking people redundant and replace them with unmotivated people who don't want to be there.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 pm

GunnGunn wrote:And it all comes around to a conspiracy theory again.

The 'Free-market' version of capitalism that we have in place is not a conspiracy. There is less social mobility now than in any time in post-war Britain because of this system.

In every case of 'free-market' capitalism in history, the same effects have been witnessed.
- a greater class devide.
- social breakdown.
- family unit breakdown.
- increased crime rate.
Nicely followed by extreme measures in attempts to rectify the situation, e.g. extremist parties being voted in to power or... riots.

We had this system in the 1800's and it didn't work, that c**t Maggie Thatcher brought it back in the 80's with the breakdown of our many great social institutions. Facing facts, we're no longer a socially democratic country, and the true power does lie within the banks.

It's really not a conspiracy.

dunkdafunk wrote:Surely any job is better than waking up at noon, watching some jeremy kyle and waiting till the job center opens.

I appreciate the fact that the Jeremy Kyle reference may just have been a joke, but many people have this view of people on benefits.

Despite there being a whole bunch of lazy c**ts and benefit cheats out there, the fact is, most people on benefits genuinely need them. We should be proud that we still take care of our own and still have social insitutions such as these in our country... Great Britian did actually used to be great! Before that c**t Thatcher!

This view of people on benefits comes from the media, and this is what happens when you don't teach politics in 90% of state schools, us f**king retarded working class get all our political opinions from the tabloids... tabloid politics! (why would you teach the working class masses how to change a system?)

I can't remember the exact figures, but the tax-payers money that goes towards benefits is something like only 1% of the amount of money that legally leaves our economy through big corporations with their off-shore bank accounts. Now that this recession has all of a sudden got us working class numpties so interested in the economy, why is it that we're not putting pressure on our goverment to hold referendums regarding off-shore bank accounts, but instead having an absolute bitch fest at people who have got less than us getting something for free?....... TABLOID POLITICS!

No-one supports benefit cheats and lazy f**kers, but don't get them mixed up with the majority of benefit recievers who genuinely need it.

Git wrote:Life is fair if you actually apply yourself, actually give a shit and try.

This is a good attitude and philosophy to have in your own life mate... but it just sounds like karma to me. Every rich c**t worked hard and deserves to be rich, every poor bugger is just a lazy slacker. :scratch: Simply not true.

You know you can see a difference in achievement in working class children and middle/upper middle class children as young as the age of 5. Private schools aside (their effect is obvious), money has such a huge influence from such a young age, our system is far from fair. I'm not saying that it's not possible to work your way out of poverty or off of benefits, but any ideas of social mobility these days would have to come with a 3/4 generation plan attatched.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:30 pm

What made some of the more powerful countries great is their hunger for prosperity. Maybe this will help get that hunger back. That is part of the problem here in the US. We all got comfortable and fat, and too many people don't want to work for anything anymore, and the rest of the world has caught up and may even pass us.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I'm not talking about proper design, thats an engineering aspect, i'm talking the design that goes hand in hand with bullshit like art.

Not really, design trades involve little or no engineering. They consult engineers, sure, but do very little (if any) engineering themselves.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:I'm not talking about proper design, thats an engineering aspect, i'm talking the design that goes hand in hand with bullshit like art.

Not really, design trades involve little or no engineering. They consult engineers, sure, but do very little (if any) engineering themselves.

I was referring to design work that revolves around an engineering project. For example a car, or good graphical work. And not the silly "sculpture" rubbish and such.

By all means do what makes you happy but getting a degree for that? No.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:26 pm

That's art, not design

Not all degrees have to lead to a job. And what's wrong with art?
Last edited by ThereIsBearCüm on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 pm

GunnGunn wrote:No feeling of "anti-climax" here. And for the most part, i do understand, i just don't really care, i feel genuine empathy in some situations and thats it. If you lived my life in my shoes, you would feel the same way. In fact if anyone lived my life in my shoes, they would probably be dead.

I think living for 60-70 years on the street with no family, no money and no clothes in a third world country is the very toughest you cant get, poverty in England is luxury compared to that. Living for 2-3 years on the street is tough, try 50!

In Jamaica, i remember leaving this church in Portmore, Kingston, there was a homeless guy, looked about 50-60 talking to the minister.

he wasn't just homeless, he had no clothes, literally no clothes whatsoever, he just walked around butt naked.

Not to mention the homeless elderly or those living in shacks in S-Corner.

I have the pictures I took from there, the amount of R.I.P 1987-2005 I saw in graffiti!
People begging, kids begging for 20 dollars to buy coco bread from juicy patties.

Or you have India, or Africa with people being butchered by shady rebel alliances. watching your parents being murdered.

Do you think you could live through that? The best way to understand poverty is to actually go there and see it.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Git wrote:Amen.

When I left school I couldn't find work for a year. Applied absolutely everywhere. Eventually got lucky with a care job and when I was made redundant from that, got two interviews and two offers in a week.

Now in my current job, I was a support worker for 8 months and I'm now promoted to a senior, in charge of 7 staff and 10 residents. Life is fair if you actually apply yourself, actually give a shit and try.

See, I take this attitude, I don't let this incompetent system get the better of me.

However,

Life is not fair. What you have done is have a very strong mentality to get where you need to be. Life doesn't have to be this hard. The elite make it far harder hand it ever needs to be is my point.

You getting that job means that 10 other applicants or so didn't, you profited off someone else's loss, please remember this :)

This is my entire point, there's simply not enough to go round.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Jay22 wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:That's art, not design

Why would you want to get a degree if you know it won't lead to a job? I know there are exceptions, but to me it's a huge risk. Specially if you take a loan to get that degree.

My point in a nutshell really. Why put yourself in debt to learn something that in all likelyness wont lead to a job. Especiall when it costs a fortune to go to Uni nowadays.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I've thought about going to college recently, just for my own personal knowledge, not to get a job or anything. But obviously that would be expensive, and not worth it most likely.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm

elkanofan wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:No feeling of "anti-climax" here. And for the most part, i do understand, i just don't really care, i feel genuine empathy in some situations and thats it. If you lived my life in my shoes, you would feel the same way. In fact if anyone lived my life in my shoes, they would probably be dead.

I think living for 60-70 years on the street with no family, no money and no clothes in a third world country is the very toughest you cant get, poverty in England is luxury compared to that. Living for 2-3 years on the street is tough, try 50!

In Jamaica, i remember leaving this church in Portmore, Kingston, there was a homeless guy, looked about 50-60 talking to the minister.

he wasn't just homeless, he had no clothes, literally no clothes whatsoever, he just walked around butt naked.

Not to mention the homeless elderly or those living in shacks in S-Corner.

I have the pictures I took from there, the amount of R.I.P 1987-2005 I saw in graffiti!
People begging, kids begging for 20 dollars to buy coco bread from juicy patties.

Or you have India, or Africa with people being butchered by shady rebel alliances. watching your parents being murdered.

Do you think you could live through that? The best way to understand poverty is to actually go there and see it.

You have no idea what i am talking about and i really have no desire to explain it.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Jay22 wrote:

Why would you want to get a degree if you know it won't lead to a job? I know there are exceptions, but to me it's a huge risk. Specially if you take a loan to get that degree.

Because knowledge is a good thing.
And a job isn't the only way of making a living (no, not including benefits).
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Art=creativity.

Art= aesthetics

Creativity is the very beginning and source of everything in existence.

Society teaches you it's just strange paintings, some nice drawings but it's just niche and no essential.

Without art or creativity, there is no design, without design there is nothing.

The elite don't want creative people doing their own thing and making billions which could impact on their big businesses, they want conformists who will keep the status qou.

That's why designers and artists find it so hard to get work, the elite don't want to open up avenues for these people to destroy the status quo. The design course I did, it wasn't about being genuinely creative, it was about creating products the lecturers like, square, masculine like products.

Without aesthetics you lovely wife or girlishness, you wouldn't be able to determine what aesthetics in a woman please you.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Jay22 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Git wrote:Amen.

When I left school I couldn't find work for a year. Applied absolutely everywhere. Eventually got lucky with a care job and when I was made redundant from that, got two interviews and two offers in a week.

Now in my current job, I was a support worker for 8 months and I'm now promoted to a senior, in charge of 7 staff and 10 residents. Life is fair if you actually apply yourself, actually give a shit and try.

See, I take this attitude, I don't let this incompetent system get the better of me.

However,

Life is not fair. What you have done is have a very strong mentality to get where you need to be. Life doesn't have to be this hard. The elite make it far harder hand it ever needs to be is my point.

You getting that job means that 10 other applicants or so didn't, you profited off someone else's loss, please remember this :)

This is my entire point, there's simply not enough to go round.

That's just BS, Elkano. So he "profited off someone" because he got a job? No, he got it because he was better than the others. Was luck involved? I have no doubt it was, but it's just 5% of the whole thing.

yes,

I wasn't saying he was lucky at all, I not saying he didn't deserve the job, what I'm saying is by design there always a loser, not everyone can get a job!

Not everyone can do the internship I'm doing now for example, not everyone has those skills needed, I'm thinking about those who want to work but can't because the system doesn't offer them anything.

That's simply not fair.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate