Should parents be allowed to kill by law?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Should parents be allowed to kill by law?

Postby whee » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 am

Yes, I agree with that MG, you would stop the attacker, whether it was your own child or a stranger being attacked.

But being 'allowed' to kill by law? I've not read such bollocks in months.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maxduke » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I don't believe for a second anyone would just knock a guy out or restrain him till the police get there. That's insane in my opinion.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mg86 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Maxduke wrote:I don't believe for a second anyone would just knock a guy out or restrain him till the police get there. That's insane in my opinion.

This isn't the movies. Do you understand what it means to be knocked out? I'm not talking boxing style in one clean blow or unable to continue like they say. I'm saying knocked out as in he goes unconcious, the body is unable to handle the enormormity of the physical pain, trauma, fracture, injury etc. And you're saying you would continue on once he's in this state to basically kick a incapacitated body until its dead!? That bit's the "insane" part by me, but I guess that's the mindsets we get in this Call of Duty generation.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Maxduke » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm

mg86 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:I don't believe for a second anyone would just knock a guy out or restrain him till the police get there. That's insane in my opinion.

This isn't the movies. Do you understand what it means to be knocked out? I'm not talking boxing style in one clean blow or unable to continue like they say. I'm saying knocked out as in he goes unconcious, the body is unable to handle the enormormity of the physical pain, trauma, fracture, injury etc. And you're saying you would continue on once he's in this state to basically kick a incapacitated body until its dead!? That bit's the "insane" part by me, but I guess that's the mindsets we get in this Call of Duty generation.

Yes
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:43 pm

lol max
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am

well if you can't control yourself, be prepared to face the consequences of your actions (ie manslaughter/murder)
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:00 pm

It's not about control, I'd want to kill someone for that. We aren't talking an innocent man here, it's a guy who's just raped a little girl...
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Going off subject a bit here. But a girl has been giving my daughter grief at School calling her names etc. I honestly feel like giving the kid a right good whack. I told my daughters teacher about it she said she should report it. Then she will probably be told it is only names. Or stop telling tales. I said call her back, But be more nasty and i will back you if i get called in. The girl calls a few of the other kids. She lives in a huge house and her Mum drives a sports car.Looks like a right old bat though. I said if she thinks she is better than all the kids get her Mam and Dad to pay for her to go a posh School. I feel what can parents or teachers do when a kid is a shit ?. Back to the subject-ish, I would do anything to protect my kids but law does not allow you to do so.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Maxduke wrote:It's not about control, I'd want to kill someone for that. We aren't talking an innocent man here, it's a guy who's just raped a little girl...

That in no way gives you the right to kill him... it doesn't even come close
If you intentionally killed him (like you say you would) you should go down for murder
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Maxduke wrote:It's not about control, I'd want to kill someone for that. We aren't talking an innocent man here, it's a guy who's just raped a little girl...

If you intentionally killed him (like you say you would) you should go down for murder

Never said it gave me the right and cool, I'd gladly go down for murder then.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Maxduke wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

So why are you arguing if you agree?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:08 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

So why are you arguing if you agree?

I've never once said someone has the right to murder, however I can see why someone would as I would.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm

^For once me and Boxer agree 100%

If a Dog attacks ANYONE let alone a child, even if that Dog has never done anything of the sort before and 'may have been provoked' - The Dog is put down. EVEN THOUGH it's highly likely the Dog was just defending itself (in its eyes)

If a man (OR Woman) abuses a child (YOUR child) and is caught in the act... That sick and disgusting person should be "put down" - They know EXACTLY what they're doing. There's absolutely NO Question.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

The dog would be put down by professional people, same as the guy would be put in jail by the law. Both would be done by someone other than the person they hurt.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

I agree with you two, but someone is just going to say a dog and a human are different and should be treated different, so I don't think that analogy works too well.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate