What's the difference between a religion and a cult?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: What's the difference between a religion and a cult?

Postby SE13 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 pm

As to the OP, remember that about 100 years ago it was perfectly legal for a 90 year old to have sex with an 11 year old, and the law was only changed to stop child prostitution. Think Jack The Ripper and the "penny whores"

There's some cult in the Antipodes that got busted for having sex at whenever girls reached puberty because it was "normal"...

Remember that 100-odd years ago, it was perfectly fine for me to have my wicked way with your daughter (Think Trina's daughter) as long as I paid her a penny.......

Where is the difference between "cult" and "religion"..... Put it this way, if I could go back to the old days, would that be a cult or religion...? Or just the normal..... :-|

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby VCC » Fri May 25, 2012 9:18 am

FatSadGooner wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Here we need no further proof that Football is a religion. ;)

Football is a religion.

And the Arsenal Board is made up of complete cults.

:sneaky2:

you mean complete c##nts
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm

SE13 wrote:As to the OP, remember that about 100 years ago it was perfectly legal for a 90 year old to have sex with an 11 year old, and the law was only changed to stop child prostitution. Think Jack The Ripper and the "penny whores"

There's some cult in the Antipodes that got busted for having sex at whenever girls reached puberty because it was "normal"...

Remember that 100-odd years ago, it was perfectly fine for me to have my wicked way with your daughter (Think Trina's daughter) as long as I paid her a penny.......

Where is the difference between "cult" and "religion"..... Put it this way, if I could go back to the old days, would that be a cult or religion...? Or just the normal..... :-|

We disagree about faith etc Chris but I do agree religion is bullshit. Religion was created by man, man is fallible therefore religion is open to abuse.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to The Big Debate