Ghosts.

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Ghosts.

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Hammered Pizza wrote:All a load of rubbish contrived to give life a 'deeper meaning'.

We're born, we die, just like any other animal. There is no God, afterlife, ghosts etc., they're just a way for people to comfort and/or console themselves.

Your opinion is duly noted but it's not a fact. I don't need to give my life a deeper meaning, it's not as though I sit here day in, day out, LOOKING for something to be Paranomal.

I'm not religious, although baptised. But I do believe in something, whatever it may be. However I've been witness to many paranormal incidents, so to say it's contrived is ridiculous.

...But the same can be said for people who basically wipe it away as you're doing. That they're too scared to believe that JUST MAYBE, those things DO exist and therefore to live their lives "easier" and in a more "comfortable fashion" choose to turn their heads and shut their eyes to it.

No, I do not believe that. It's just a case in point that it could be said the same.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm

I believe in Ghosts. In one house we lived in i saw a old fashioned looking ghost. Then one day at school a teacher said= Has anyone seen one ?. This lad who had lived in the same house B4 us said he had. Then explained what he had seen and whereabouts. It matched up exactly to what i had seen. I was always thankful i discovered that after we had moved. I had already been scared stiff. After that i was convinced that there are ghosts.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:20 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Just because he may not be able to explain it, doesn't make it real. Someone else may be able to easily do so, but even then, just because it can't be explained, doesn't mean that you can just jump to a supernatural explanation. That is what people that believe in God's do. They think they see a miracle when in fact most likely it can be easily explained with logic, reason, and rationality, but since THEY can't explain it, they think it automatically has to be God. Delusional!!!

Chill McGill. I only asked him if he could explain mine, I wasn't trying to be a dick.

I didn't think you were trying to be a dick, nor was I un chilled. :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 pm

lol ghosts
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Herrpoja » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:09 am

tbh if ghost existed we already would have know about it.
The human mind is an amazing thing
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Est83 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 am

There are things we know happen, but can't touch, taste, hear or smell them... even though they're proved scienfically.

And there are things that can't be explaiend, but still definitely happen as the results/effects can be seen.

There are lots of mysteries that are still widely accepted as truth. So how about trying to rationalise "spirits" and the "after-life"? How about calling it an energy shift from one dimension to another???

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Massa » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:46 am

Shut up est
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Est83 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:12 am

Badda bing badda boom... Shuttupa ya face!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 am

Est83 wrote:There are things we know happen, but can't touch, taste, hear or smell them... even though they're proved scienfically.

And there are things that can't be explaiend, but still definitely happen as the results/effects can be seen.

There are lots of mysteries that are still widely accepted as truth. So how about trying to rationalise "spirits" and the "after-life"? How about calling it an energy shift from one dimension to another???

Good post Est!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hammered Pizza » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Est83 wrote:There are things we know happen, but can't touch, taste, hear or smell them... even though they're proved scienfically.

:rofll:
I'm out, pushed before I could jump.
It was fun.

Burn short, burn bright.
Always Arsenal.

My other haunt.
Hammered Pizza
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Maxduke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Herrpoja wrote:tbh if ghost existed we already would have know about it.

This thread is called ghosts and people have said they have seen them so, we do know about it?

Not seen 1 personally but I don't like to dismiss things without facts and proof.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Maxduke wrote:

This thread is called ghosts and people have said they have seen them so, we do know about it?

Not seen 1 personally but I don't like to dismiss things without facts and proof.

Just because someone said they seen them doesn't mean its a fact or proof.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bergkamp64 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't buy into afterlife , God , eternal bliss , or any of that ghost pullaver . But here's a story ...
I was good mates with an older retired guy years back . He had a part time cash in hand early morning cleaning job for a huge company. So this one morning around 5 he's mopping the floor of the ladies bogs , and all of a sudden the three air hand dryers go off one after the other .. Whoosh whoosh whoosh . He cacks himself and beats a retreat pronto . When he gets home his Mrs is in tears and tells him his sister died in hospital around 5 that very morning . Got quite emotional retelling the tale I recall . Was convinced it was his big sis .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Maxduke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:

Huh'?

I never said it was?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Maxduke wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:

Huh'?

I never said it was?

You said "we do know about it", and I'm saying we don't. All we know is that some people think there are ghost.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate