Kony 2012

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Kony 2012

Postby elkanofan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:56 am

First of all as a person from Northern Uganda, I would like to thank you, the Martin County Children for your effort to assist the children of Northern Uganda.
How ever i am also sad to say that Organisation like 'Invisible children' have turned from caring organisations to Fraudulent and scam. The directors of Invisible children forgot what they stated back in 2005 and have now turned to greed. Only less than 25% of money they have been raising in the name of the children of Northern Uganda gets there to the children.
The directors of Invisible children have turned this money to become their very personal money. The directors now drive expensive cars and refer to themselves as Movie directors. They have been shunned by all international Northern Uganda associations in Canda, UK, Sweden and even in Sandiego USA.
Associations such as "acholi in diaspora"(canada) Acholi association(UK) Freinds for Peace in africa(USA). Peace in Northern Uganda group(Sweden). "Campaign to end genocide in Northern Uganada)(USA) and many more.
"invisible children' functions are boycotted by many ugandans who are aware that they recieved bribes from General Salim Saleh to focus the suffering of the Northern Uganda Children to the Rebels...rather than tell the whole truth that both the rebels and Uganda government ave comitted atrocities and Genocide againts the acholi people of Northern Uganda..
Northern Uganda members of parliament have added 'invisible children' to their list Of NGO's under investigation for fraud.
They have been requested to publicly declare their accounts since 2005 however untill today that has not been done.
Your contributions are better off being sent directly to the children in Northern Uganda rather than to enrich the directors of 'invisible children'
However we leave it to God to be the judge. Thank you and God bless all of you

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/stuart- ... ES035Q6OI0
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:34 am

Mr mrs bought a t-shirt and a wristband last night :BangHead:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:21 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Mr mrs bought a t-shirt and a wristband last night :BangHead:

lol, how much ££
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 am

I guessing roughly £20!!!

Thing is, she'll buy this then in a few weeks time will forget all about it.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am

Your misses loves jumping on bandwagons then mo?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:00 am

She fell out with me last night becuase I told her how ridiculous it was that she gave them money. :lol:

Actually hung up the phone on me!
I think shes in with the vast majority of people that donate to these mugs, that, they watch the video and it makes them feel so sad that they'll donte without actually reading anything into at all. Once donated they refuse to accept that its a dodgey 'charity' and say 'Ive donated becuase Im against it and want to help'.

When in actual fact they're probably doing more damage than good by funding the Ugandan army!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am

I agree mate, the amount of c**** this has brought out of the woodwork is incredibly annoying. It went viral in hours because of one video when an hour before that few people knew who this bloke was or gave a shit about the crimes he has committed.

Now everyone is banging on like they really know whats going on when in actual fact they don't have a feckin' clue.

And yes, thats all a corrupt continent needs, more wedge thrown their way. You would think we had learnt our lesson by now after finding out that the majority of aid goes to corrupt dictators.

:rolleyes:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 am

I have not seen one mention of this anywhere on my facebook... must not be taking off in the States.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 am

It wouldn't would it?

When the shit hits the fan and other contries need money, they come and ask a tiny little island for ££££££££, because they know we are stupid enough to pay it/raise money for it.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:38 am

Hey, while you guys are at it... you want to drum up the word for me? I'm trying to raise money to stop death. Because death is bad. I think with enough financial support I should be able to stop it. Just go ahead and make out the check to me, I'll make sure the money goes to stopping death.

I'm making some t-shirts and wristbands, but they're not going to be done till next week.

Cheers. :thumbsup:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 am

Be funny if it wasn't true.

Next we'll hear "Jelly babies, the forgotten victims" :rolleyes:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:49 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:She fell out with me last night becuase I told her how ridiculous it was that she gave them money. :lol:

Actually hung up the phone on me!

Loool kony the relationship breaker
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Pisses me off when people say, well I wan to do something to help... sometimes doing something is worse that doing nothing!!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Trequartista » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:09 pm

The sad thing is, the situation i Uganda is terrible (just like much of Africa, D. R. Congo!!!) and yes, things should and could be done to prevent it. However, the murky reputation of this charity has severly damaged the reputation of a very noble and worthy cause. Anyway, at least they've help raise awareness, but unfortunately I dont think sending money thier way way is going to help. Your better off just independatly bombarding your MPs/Congressmen/Senators with email etc.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Pisses me off when people say, well I wan to do something to help... sometimes doing something is worse that doing nothing!!

Although I think what theyre doing with the financials is not 100% fair but even in this case, doing something is more helpfull then doing nothing at all. Spreading this around the world and raising awareness makes goverments being pressured. Goverments only do something if its for one of the following reasons: 1) There is oil. 2) theyre getting pressured by the people.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate