Smacking Children

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Smack or Not Smack children

Smack
82%
Not Smack
18%

Total votes : 22

Re: Smacking Children

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Obviously yes. Beat the shit out of the f***ing children who dont listen
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 pm

I do not agree with smacking kids as a norm, but a slap across the arse or legs once in a while is often more embarrassing than painful to a kid and does no harm in my opinion.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Trina » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:07 pm

^^ That is classed as smacking though and is what i agree with.

Both my kids have had a slap on the legs or backside when they were younger. To be honest i cant remember the last time I had to with Callum (He is 4), he knows right from wrong and isn't naughty, just cheeky now.

I got some right cracks when I was a kid, round the head and once pretty serious which I don't agree with and have been apologised to for it when I was older.

There is a line between giving your kid a smack on the leg, hand, backside to actually properly hitting them. Im all for a smack on the leg, backside and hand.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Trina wrote:^^ That is classed as smacking though and is what i agree with.

Both my kids have had a slap on the legs or backside when they were younger. To be honest i cant remember the last time I had to with Callum (He is 4), he knows right from wrong and isn't naughty, just cheeky now.

I got some right cracks when I was a kid, round the head and once pretty serious which I don't agree with and have been apologised to for it when I was older.

There is a line between giving your kid a smack on the leg, hand, backside to actually properly hitting them. Im all for a smack on the leg, backside and hand.

This.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Git » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Trina wrote:^^ That is classed as smacking though and is what i agree with.

This.

/thread

My mum once dragged me by the ear lobe down the road to wash my mouth out with soap for saying c***. OTT. :lol:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby mg86 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Go to 4:08
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am

I think a smack behind the back of the legs or on the hand is acceptble when kids are younger, but only as a last resort if they're taking the piss and not listening. That way they know that theres a consequence if they dont listen.

But the older they get the need for smacking is all but gone becuase then you can just start taking shit off them or grounding them which is more effective :lol:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Trina » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 am

lol definatly. Its what I do with Shannon now, I just take her blackberry off her and it leaves her gutted!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:18 pm

82% smacking, do we live in 2012 or 1928?
Physical punishment, no matter how 'soft' you claim it to be is in my book for people who aren't capable of raising their children in a way it should be done in 2012. (Even though i'm convinced it was part of raising children a long time ago when society was alot harsher than it is now it).
It's all about making them clear where the boundaries are, and in todays 'softer' society, any sort of physcal punishment will backfire in a hard sooner or later when your kids grow older and find it normal to beat or 'smack' on other human beigns when they don't agree in a specific discussion.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Trina » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Zenith wrote:82% smacking, do we live in 2012 or 1928?
Physical punishment, no matter how 'soft' you claim it to be is in my book for people who aren't capable of raising their children in a way it should be done in 2012. (Even though i'm convinced it was part of raising children a long time ago when society was alot harsher than it is now it).
It's all about making them clear where the boundaries are, and in todays 'softer' society, any sort of physcal punishment will backfire in a hard sooner or later when your kids grow older and find it normal to beat or 'smack' on other human beigns when they don't agree in a specific discussion.

Do you have kids?

People wonder why a lot of kids now are little shits and its because they are NOT scared/worried of their parents, because they know they will do sweet fa to them.

So what your saying is, if you smack a child, when they grow up they will find it normal to beat other human beings up? What a load of crap. I was smacked and remember being spanked on the backside with the belt too by my grandparents. I dont beat my kids up or anyone else.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 pm

I've smacked my son on a few occasions when it was needed, I try to talk most things out with him now that he is older, and it works now, but when he was a bit younger there were times when it was needed. And today he is a very non violent kid, listens pretty well and gets straight A's in school.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:04 pm

we have an anti smacking law in this country,we still have one of the highest child abuse rates in the western world,fact is no law will stop people who abuse children the argument is a moral one smacking works beating doesnt.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Trina wrote:
Zenith wrote:82% smacking, do we live in 2012 or 1928?

Do you have kids?

People wonder why a lot of kids now are little shits and its because they are NOT scared/worried of their parents, because they know they will do sweet fa to them.

So what your saying is, if you smack a child, when they grow up they will find it normal to beat other human beings up? What a load of crap. I was smacked and remember being spanked on the backside with the belt too by my grandparents. I dont beat my kids up or anyone else.

Well said boss. My auld fella would get hammered and come home and be fond of being the big man (and all that entails), it did not make me want to beat kids, in fact it is the complete opposite. I don't have any of my own but I have nieces and nephews and know how they can act up at times. A slap on the arse is NOT the same as battering a kid, as I said earlier a smack across the legs or arse is often more embarrassing to a kid than it is painful in any way.
Anyone who beats a kid needs locking up, but anyone who thinks a slap on the wrist once in a blue moon is abuse is mad.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Last edited by Zenith on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:13 pm

There isn't just one way to parenting, there are many ways to raise a child that will work, and even then some of those ways in certain situations won't. Each family, and each kid is different.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to The Big Debate