Legalise Cannabis?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:How do you claim the government couldn't make money taxing pot elk? Seriously, if it was legal it would be grown in special farms and would be regulated, the government could tax it easily.

As I said earlier, the majority of people who don't want it made legal are drug dealers as they are the ones who would lose out.

State Govt (Colorado & California) already make money off the taxes from medical marijuana. Millions in fact.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dunkdafunk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 pm

if it is legalized there will be a big craze of smoking it for a few years, then people will realise its just as disgusting as cigarettes, or even binge drinking.
Look how long the hype around 24hr alcohol licenses lasted. People are not drinking for all 24hrs, they still go out in evening for a few hours spend all the money in their wallet then stumble back home possibly via a greasy kebab shop. (this also eased the pressure on police, so they can be present at different clubs at their different closing times)

With Less time policing general weed smoking they could worry more about underage smoking/drinking.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Dejan wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:How do you claim the government couldn't make money taxing pot elk? Seriously, if it was legal it would be grown in special farms and would be regulated, the government could tax it easily.

As I said earlier, the majority of people who don't want it made legal are drug dealers as they are the ones who would lose out.

Yes they will. Look the video from me on previous page. The guy explains it perfectly.
Especially for America it would be financially a huge benefit since your war on drugs is huge
and it costs Alot of money. If you legalise it, the money for the war on drugs will go down alot and the goverment would
earn a shitload of money by taxing it.

And its not like 90% of the people will start smoking when it will be legalised.
Why? Look at holland.

Holland has succeeded in making pot look boring.

I remember watching this UK one off show, it was set in 2014 and chocolate had become illegal. What was interesting is how chocolate was being portrayed in same way we see cocaine now in the show.

When it's legal it dosen't have the same excitement and cool factor to it. So i guess it's natural for this to happen with anything.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Dejan wrote:because they are punks. Do yourself a favour and join the military.
No reason to be a pig.......

I think it'll be a great job. If I actually get it that is *touch wood*

And anyway, my post count is much greater than yours so show me some respect son!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm

A friend is applying to the police aswell

... We are not friends anymore

hate them all
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:07 pm

the only cops I've come in contact with were breathalyzing me... 0.00 both times
one was Scottish (which is rare in Australia), perhaps a good omen Little Mo'?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Apparently cannabis is so easy to grow that people wouldn’t have to buy heavily taxed commercial stuff.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:15 pm

In Belgium you're allowed to have one female plant for personal use and you have to smoke it in a private area (home/property).

Distribution will if you don't have a license to sell it.

In my opinion it should be like this everywhere, even though, personally, weed never convinced me of being worth its money.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:34 pm

elkanofan wrote:Apparently cannabis is so easy to grow that people wouldn’t have to buy heavily taxed commercial stuff.

Correction, street pot is easy to grow, to grow really good pot it takes a lot of work and tending to the plants.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Apparently cannabis is so easy to grow that people wouldn’t have to buy heavily taxed commercial stuff.

Correction, street pot is easy to grow, to grow really good pot it takes a lot of work and tending to the plants.

This is very very true.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Zenith do you live close to the Dutch border? im planning on growing mushrooms, wanna buy some?
Will be good for you
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:41 pm

wheres the gut with the cannabis plant as his avatar... thought he'd be attracted to this thread
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Dejan wrote:Zenith do you live close to the Dutch border? im planning on growing mushrooms, wanna buy some?
Will be good for you

Ah man you can please me with anything but I sort of got Mycophobia :dizzy:
Border should be about 70 km!
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby golfinguy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Dejan wrote:A friend is applying to the police aswell

... We are not friends anymore

hate them all

Hmmm, I'm guessing they were not really friends to begin with then... otherwise... :rolleyes:
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:

Problem for the elite is that street pot is enough for everyone to wake up! Street pot will be enough to stop cancers, and all manner of diseases which the FDA make gigantic profits off every year off peoples deaths with all sorts of toxic pills to just relief symptoms.

Contrary to popular or well it was popular belief; nobody is spending much money on research for curing cancer. Everything is being spent on pills and medicine to just 'relief' symptoms.

Let's face it, if someone finds a cure for cancer, they will make a large lump sum for a period of i'd say about a year at the most and then that will be it. Compared to finding a relief drug, where you will conitnue making money for years and years, funny how people never think of this: once you are cured, the symptoms are never coming back, relief just takes the symptoms away for the time being!

Probably explains why smoking medicinal marijuana is legal once give approval by doctors to paitents:

1. It only a releif for symptoms, it does not cure them.
2. It further conditions people to think that marijuana is just a plant to be smoked, when the entire plant should be used properly weather it's the seeds, or the THC extracted into an oil.

The elite couldn’t care less about those who use weed to smoke, they just arrest them when they need a ‘bust’ and also need to feed the prison business empire. It’s when people start using it properly is why they are so scared. It would shut the FDA down immediately! We need to break the conditioning so people stop thinking about marijuana as just a plant to be smoked!

They say money makes the world go round.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate