Legalise Cannabis?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:26 am

Parliament debate scheduled 12th Oct to discuss Cannabis Legalisation.

Thoughts?

I am 100% all for it, the arguments for are astronomical with millions of people alone in the UK who smoke marijuana and the medicinal benefits are irrefutable.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:37 am

Never taken it. Don't know anyone who does. But it's the first step to drugs being legalised. Get back to me when cocaine and heroin are legalised.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 am

I'm for it. Don't smoke the stuff and don't have any reason to want to. It smells like absolute shite.

As long as it is only in your own homes or specified establisments then go for it.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:13 am

"Shall we legalize weed?"

"No"

"Oh okay"

That'll be the extent of the debate.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:16 am

Don't really care honestly. Those who smoke it already do so regardless of its legal status. Everybody has a bunch of friends who smoke weed, so meh.

Just make sure people don't smoke in public places or out of their homes/specific bars.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:18 am

Angelito wrote:Don't really care honestly. Those who smoke it already do so regardless of its legal status. Everybody has a bunch of friends who smoke weed, so meh.

Just make sure people don't smoke in public places or out of their homes/specific bars.

If it was legal I'd smoke it a lot more than I do now, and I think a lot of other people are the same.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:28 am

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Don't really care honestly. Those who smoke it already do so regardless of its legal status. Everybody has a bunch of friends who smoke weed, so meh.

If it was legal I'd smoke it a lot more than I do now, and I think a lot of other people are the same.

Marijuana is less dangerous than cigarettes, no? If cigs are legal, why not weed? Heck, they have apparent "medicinal qualities" that cigs don't. so what's the deal anyway?

Apart from life-threatening drugs/substances, I don't have a problem with legalizing weed. People are free to decide the pros and cons themselves. If they aren't, well - there's something wrong with society. Fix that first. Oh wait...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:53 am

Agreed Angelito.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:58 am

Angelito wrote:
Callum wrote:

Marijuana is less dangerous than cigarettes, no? If cigs are legal, why not weed? Heck, they have apparent "medicinal qualities" that cigs don't. so what's the deal anyway?

Apart from life-threatening drugs/substances, I don't have a problem with legalizing weed. People are free to decide the pros and cons themselves. If they aren't, well - there's something wrong with society. Fix that first. Oh wait...

Well yeah, I agree.

My point was that I don't smoke it much now because I cba with the effort of finding a dealer etc. If I could pop to the local dispensary and get it above board I'd probably do so regularly.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:29 am

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Callum wrote:

Well yeah, I agree.

My point was that I don't smoke it much now because I cba with the effort of finding a dealer etc. If I could pop to the local dispensary and get it above board I'd probably do so regularly.

And, that depends on you. You're free to decide how much you want even if it's freely available. I do understand where you're coming from, but I believe people have that much self-control, don't they?

Would you want to be stoned 24 hours a day? As it is, I have friends who I rarely see not stoned.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 am

Angelito wrote:And, that depends on you. You're free to decide how much you want even if it's freely available. I do understand where you're coming from, but I believe people have that much self-control, don't they?

Would you want to be stoned 24 hours a day? As it is, I have friends who I rarely see not stoned.

Not quite sure what you're on about.

No, I wouldn't want to be stoned 24 hours a day, but if it was freely legal I'd probably buy some every now and again when I felt like a treat. Sure some people might abuse it but people abuse cigarettes, alcohol, fast food etc - doesn't mean it should be illegal. I think we're mostly in agreement anyway.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:36 am

Cripps wrote:Never taken it. Don't know anyone who does. But it's the first step to drugs being legalised. Get back to me when cocaine and heroin are legalised.

Well they are deadly highly addictive drugs that ruin and take lives.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:53 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Cripps wrote:Never taken it. Don't know anyone who does. But it's the first step to drugs being legalised. Get back to me when cocaine and heroin are legalised.

Well they are deadly highly addictive drugs that ruin and take lives.

But most importantly gives a great high.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:59 am

Git wrote:I'm for it. Don't smoke the stuff and don't have any reason to want to. It smells like absolute shite.

As long as it is only in your own homes or specified establisments then go for it.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm sure like over here, once the Govt finds a good way to make millions off it by legalizing it, then they will. It's legal in certain states over here, but not nation wide.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate