Legalise Cannabis?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Legalise Cannabis?

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:41 pm

As part of my police exam I could potentially be asked the question that 'should canabbis be legalised'

At first I thought 'no' but reading more into you think, we'll alcohol and smoking are legal and arguably do more damage to the body and alcohol espiecally is more dangerous when people take it compared to canabbis.

So whats you thoughts on this?

Legal....Yay or Nay?
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Legalise Cannabis?

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:47 pm

The only issue with Cannabis i've found is certian strands such as skunk cause schizophrenia/paranioa after excessive use. Thats about it really. Good strands just make you hgih, thats it.

The whole 'Look at that pothead' Argument is null and void. Things like Chocolate are more dangerous than Ganja, if it was legalized all the drug related crimes would ease to exist also.

There's nothing more than i can say apart from it's just a giant conspiracy really. Cant say anything else to that.

I won't bother with the Cannabis cures cancer videos since people will automatically think they are bullshit :) (Even me, i thought it was total bullshit when i heard about this)
Last edited by elkanofan on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Don't answer, its a trap. Mo is trying to get an early leg up in the force.

90% of the people who do not want cannabis leagalised are drug dealers. If it was legal think of the money governments could make on taxes etc? I have been listening to nonsense arguments for years about it being a gateway drug, bad for your health blah blah blah, but the 2 legal drugs (alcohol and cigarettes) are a million times worse in my humble opinion. I have yet to hear a valid reason why cannabis is not legal.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Oh I should add. Its often called weed for a reason, it is a weed that grows wild, yet for some reason its illegal. And lets not overlook the benefits it gives. MS patients smoke hash/pot as it helps ease their pain, and cancer patients often smoke it as it actually helps them eat. Before my mam passed she was suffering from Lymphoma and spent much of her remaining time in excruciating pain, she would eat Dilaudid like smarties, well if you are aware Dilaudid is an incredibly powerful painkiller that would knock most people on their arse, she often asked me to get her some grass so she wouldn't have to pop as many pills (I wish I had done now but I just felt weird about it).
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Agree with above. It should be legalised but if it didn't happen under the last government it won't happen under this one.

Legalising it would also clean it up thus removing harmful effects. I know in the states it's mostly pure but over here you are very likely to get some that's half dog shit or saw dust, especially hemp. By all means keep skunk and its chemical brothers banned
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:17 pm

The question is a trap, go with your original answer instead of trying to be clever.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Don't come down on one side or the other. Say that you understand both sides (giving a brief summary of both arguments) but that as it is currently illegal you see it as your job (as a police officer) to deal with it as such.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Thats it Mo, get up on the fence, it will serve you well as a pig ;)
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Don't come down on one side or the other. Say that you understand both sides (giving a brief summary of both arguments) but that as it is currently illegal you see it as your job (as a police officer) to deal with it as such.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is such an A levels answer
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Legalise. (for you ;) )

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Both sides have merits but I personally wouldn't want to see it legalized, not so much because of any scientific or political reasons but because I believe it would give legitimate rise to the stoner culture.

We've already got enough troubles in this country with the binge drinking culture, let's not add to it further, eh?
Last edited by Myrmedus on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:55 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:Don't come down on one side or the other. Say that you understand both sides (giving a brief summary of both arguments) but that as it is currently illegal you see it as your job (as a police officer) to deal with it as such.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is such an A levels answer

Nope, it's an I want a job answer!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Same difference
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:56 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Thats it Mo, get up on the fence, it will serve you well as a pig ;)

:lol:...Prick ;)

The more I think about it though the more I would say no.

Mainly for a few reasons like if Weed becomes more freely avaliable then it could potentially be used as a stepping stone onto other drugs, adding to that if is legalised it'll be easier for kids to get thier hands on it.

Plus there would be a rise in 'stoned' drivers and we already have enough deaths and accidents from drunk drivers.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

They don't really care about your opinion, you've got to ask yourself why they are asking the question. They want to make sure that you aren't too sympathetic and likely to turn a blind eye all the time and they also want to make sure you aren't a hardliner who has no sympathy for users and thinks everyone who smokes a bit of weed should be locked up. I say sitting on the fence is the way to go.

There must be a website out there that would give you advice on what they want to hear.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to The Big Debate