Hitting parents

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Postby Adz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:26 pm

All depends on the way you raise your children really. If their is problems on the up coming then this may casue the hate and lashes out.
Adz
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:58 pm

All we can do as parents is put our kids on the right track, as SE13 has mentioned (and a good post too) parental responsibilities are being stripped of us, christ when i was a kid id get a clip around the ear or a smack on teh arse, and it never did me no harm.

Now the gov expects us to instill discipline in an era where our hands are tied, im not saying violence or smacking is the way to go as it was in the years us older members were brought up, but there needs to be respect. FFS you sometimes read of kids who try to DIVORCE their parents, its bloody political correctness gone mad!

My kids are both polite, mind their manners & in general pretty good....but kids are kids, they fight, they squabble, they argue, they push us to our limits, id damn right put up with that than have them sitting in a corner doing jack shit, alot of elderly people think children should be seen & not heard i totally disagree with this.

Children need to learn from mistakes, but parents also need to allow them to make mistakes rather than wrap them up saying you cant do this & you cant do that, its common bloody sense! (of course within reason!)

When kids reach a certain age, (which is what im going through with Jake atm) they try to push teh boundaries, its nothing to do with how they are brought up its kids thinking they big, plus getting to that age where they have a bit of a chip on their shoulder, when they need a bit of lee-way & guidance, just because a kid gets an attitude now & again doesnt make him/her a bad kid.
As Adults we have bad days every so often, is a kid not allowed that too? You cant expect them to be perfectly behaved 24/7!!!

Christ knows how many times i huffed & puffed at my parents & now Jake does the same.....its called part of growing up & it certainly does not mean that they will turn into the next parent-beater.

TBH i think kids these days dont get enough credit, not all of them are like the one on the JK show, everyone focuses on the bad things they do rather than the good things too. im not ignorant or niave that there are kids who are what i call teh devil child, but alot of youngsters do alot of good things & are for teh most part well behaved.

No-one said bringing up kids would be an easy task, they dont come with a handbook! ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby ozgooner » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:15 am

i was around 9 or 10 years old and i raised my hand to me gran and i was about to hit her . my uncle saw that i was about to hit his mother (me gran) and in a split second gave me a backhander and knocked me arse over tit . it was the last time i ever raised a hand to an adult .
lesson learnt , no drama's

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CLS » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:39 am

if parent go around smacking there kids all over the place, they shouldnt be supprise it the kids start hitting back ,as its what they have been taught
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to The Big Debate