Strikes on Wednesday

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Strikes on Wednesday

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:48 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15892120

What are your opinions on the strikes over changes to pensions?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Strikes on Wednesday

Postby Futuo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Utter disgrace, public sector pensions massively better than private pensions so what are they bleating about? Just a few over paid Union bosses wanting a rumble with the Tories (as usual).

Change strike laws and cut more from the top of the public sector - job done.

Time they woke up to the real world.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Public secot pensions are better than private?... Surley that cant be right!

Even so, Private companies will pay a shit lot more ovall throughout thier careers. We should take money from all those idiotic bankers and MP's who got us into this mess in the first place. Allowing the country to crumble financially, yet still taking thier multi-million pensions.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Strikes on Wednesday

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Futuo wrote:Utter disgrace, public sector pensions massively better than private pensions so what are they bleating about? Just a few over paid Union bosses wanting a rumble with the Tories (as usual).

Change strike laws and cut more from the top of the public sector - job done.

Time they woke up to the real world.

LOL I knew you'd bite. What do you do for a living?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 am

Banker?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Futuo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:17 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Public secot pensions are better than private?... Surley that cant be right!

Very much so, for the same pension in the private sector you'd need double the pension pot of what the public sector types put in, yet they are so stupid they can't see that and seem to think they are above reality/cuts.

No I am not a banker, agree they messed things up, but Labour ensured they spent all the boom that the bankers created hence why the nation is in such a mess, not to mention Labour turned a blind eye to practices that were bound to fail - but the Tories didn't exactly speak up either.

We won't get out of this mess until the public sector is massively reduced (and from the top not frontline services as they are doing now purely for political effect so they can say 'lost your library; then blame the nasty Tories') in order to give the real wealth providers (i.e. the private sector) tax cuts as the public sector don't pay income tax.

Any teacher that strikes on Wednesday needs sacking as they are clearly too thick to teach Britain's future; they are miles better off pension wise than similarly paid private sector workers. Mrs Futuo is a teacher and pleased to say she understands maths and therefore will be working Wednesday as will I be.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Strikes on Wednesday

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:00 am

Zedie wrote:Banker?

Spelling mistake?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Futuo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Just as a pointer, for a private individual, the cost of purchasing an annuity for a 60 year old of £25000 per annum, linked to RPI with a 50% spouses pension on death is £1,000,000. Yes, that is six noughts! This does not include a tax free lump sum of one and a half times final salary, death in service benefits or provision for early retirement due to ill health.

They are in lal la land. Hope they spend at least 10k on their free Xmas shopping day, as lets face it that is what this is really about.

Teachers eh?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15917679
double standards or what, if it was a bloke he'd no way be allowed to work again
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Not trying to excuse it, but we've all done it. Few drinks we are either untouchable or irresistible. Sadly neither are true, but the alcohol tells you that they are.

Speaking as someone with a drink problem and depression, I can honestly say that what you do under the influence simply isn't you... It's the demon that lives inside you, and wants you to believe these things.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Futuo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:26 pm

The whole drink thing for her would have just been mitigating circumstances from her lawyer, utter bull.

I used to drink too much too and I never mistook a random lass for a girlfriend or an ex and then put my hand up her skirt.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Strikes on Wednesday

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 am

If you signed up for a job in the private sector and agreed terms on your pension, could they all of a sudden change the terms so that you get less, pay more and work longer? I'm sure if a company changed just one of those things without proper negotiations there would be uproar! The government are doing all three!

Yet those in the city on their six figure salaries keep on getting bonuses and pensions that amount to more money than any public sector worker could ever dream of.

The wrong people are being punished here, but that will always be the case when the Tories are running the country!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 pm

^^^^ Can't argue with that Futuo.

... but I do enjoy reading others argue, so please do :thumbsup:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:If you signed up for a job in the private sector and agreed terms on your pension, could they all of a sudden change the terms so that you get less, pay more and work longer? I'm sure if a company changed just one of those things without proper negotiations there would be uproar! The government are doing all three!

Yet those in the city on their six figure salaries keep on getting bonuses and pensions that amount to more money than any public sector worker could ever dream of.

The wrong people are being punished here, but that will always be the case when the Tories are running the country!

Couldnt have put it better myself.

The goverment made the deal and they have to stick with it. Sure they've made an arse of it but tht was THIER fault but they are punishing public sector workers. When the whole country went down the shitter initially I didnt see the goverment saying ' well seeing as you've f***ked this up you can't take your multi-million pension'... No,no instead they f**k over joe-public and raise taxes.

And all this shite about striking costing the country half a billion pounds, aye it wasn't that when they made it a public holiday for the royal wedding. No one batted an eye lid about how much money would be lost that day.

We wont get out of this mess by punshing public sector workers, we'll get out of this mess when we stop handing out six-figure salaries and million pound bonuses to bankers & poloticians.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 pm

A banker , a teacher, a Tory MP and a daily mail reader are sat around a table. On a plate in front of them are 10 biscuits. The banker scoffs 9 of them. The Tory MP leans over to the daily mail reader and says " watch out the teacher is trying to get your biscuit "
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Stopped off in Huddersfield on my way to Manchester today. Tossers got in the way with their strikes!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to The Big Debate